DL Ride Procedures with an ECV

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
I hired an ECV last trip to DL and always found a quiet out of the way place to park it before walking into a ride queue. My hip and back issues have now worsened some 2 years later and this trip I feel I may need to stay in my ECV more often during queues as well, although I will be able to get on rides easily enough with my daughters help. Does anyone know or have experience of doing this. Can I stay in my ECV for most lines and if so what happens to your ECV when you reach the ride vehicles. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

DL has a lot more rides built pre-ADA, so there are more lines that are not accessible for ECV/Wheelchair/Stroller as a Wheelchair.

It was a few years ago now, but our last experience at DLR, they were able to give mobility users a return time based on the standby wait (similar to how DAS works, but this was a separate system from DAS.), and when that return window opens you return and enter the ride through the exit. The CM will move the mobility device when you transfer and it will be nearby when you exit the ride.

I don't recall all rides this was true on, but it was a LOT of fantasyland rides, and for sure pirates. Most of DCA was accessible lines based on it being built after the ADA.

DL has a lot more rides built pre-ADA, so there are more lines that are not accessible for ECV/Wheelchair/Stroller as a Wheelchair.

It was a few years ago now, but our last experience at DLR, they were able to give mobility users a return time based on the standby wait (similar to how DAS works, but this was a separate system from DAS.), and when that return window opens you return and enter the ride through the exit. The CM will move the mobility device when you transfer and it will be nearby when you exit the ride.

I don't recall all rides this was true on, but it was a LOT of fantasyland rides, and for sure pirates. Most of DCA was accessible lines based on it being built after the ADA.
Thank so much for the info. We are going to be there for a week so I think I will see how I go on the first day standing in lines and see whether or not I need to stay in my ECV. We will have Genie+ and we will hit rope drop so we should be pretty good. Thanks again for the reply.

DCA almost all the rides you can ride your EVC right up to boarding, Disneyland you get a return time for most rides, for Small World, Buzz and all of Galaxies Edge

We just got back from DLR and my husband used an ECV because of knee surgery. I emailed Disney ahead of time. They actually called me to let me know the procedures. I was told all attractions in DCA are wheelchair and ECV friendly. Meaning you wait in line on your ECV just like everyone else. They will ask you as you get closer to loading if you need extra time loading and unloading.

At Disneyland, quite a few attractions allow you to check in with a cm at the exit and they give you a return time. We utilized this most on space mtn because my husband needed extra time to load and unload since they load that ride so fast. You cannot stack the return times. We used along with genie. Each ride seemed to be a bit different, but all the CMs were amazing and fantastic and took the time to listen and help explain things. We had a great experience. We used the return time for Alice, space mtn and haunted mansion (HM, he rode his ECV through the queue and that was a fun and interesting experience!) He rode his ECV through the queue for MMRR, Incredicoaster, Indy and guardians.

Here is a link to a brochure Disney sent me that pretty much explains all the rides you can get a return time for. We did not have DAS, as he only had mobility issues. We didn’t ride a lot of the fantasyland attractions or pirates. But it was nice to have the extra time to load and unload.

Have a great trip!!

https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...es/maps/FY24-DLP-GWD-11_10_23-to-01_07_24.pdf

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/guests-with-disabilities/

We just got back from DLR and my husband used an ECV because of knee surgery. I emailed Disney ahead of time. They actually called me to let me know the procedures. I was told all attractions in DCA are wheelchair and ECV friendly. Meaning you wait in line on your ECV just like everyone else. They will ask you as you get closer to loading if you need extra time loading and unloading.

At Disneyland, quite a few attractions allow you to check in with a cm at the exit and they give you a return time. We utilized this most on space mtn because my husband needed extra time to load and unload since they load that ride so fast. You cannot stack the return times. We used along with genie. Each ride seemed to be a bit different, but all the CMs were amazing and fantastic and took the time to listen and help explain things. We had a great experience. We used the return time for Alice, space mtn and haunted mansion (HM, he rode his ECV through the queue and that was a fun and interesting experience!) He rode his ECV through the queue for MMRR, Incredicoaster, Indy and guardians.

Here is a link to a brochure Disney sent me that pretty much explains all the rides you can get a return time for. We did not have DAS, as he only had mobility issues. We didn’t ride a lot of the fantasyland attractions or pirates. But it was nice to have the extra time to load and unload.

Have a great trip!!

https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...es/maps/FY24-DLP-GWD-11_10_23-to-01_07_24.pdf

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/guests-with-disabilities/
Oh thanks so much for all the info and the link, I feel a lot more comfortable now. Glad you had a great trip and that your husband was able to enjoy everything even with a bad knee. Hope he recovers soon.

There's already some good info here, but I go quite frequently with family who utilize ECVs. Like others have already said, DCA will allow the ECV in all of the queues pretty much. DLR, you will have to get return times on older rides like Fantasyland stuff, Pirates, HM, etc. One of the only things you can't do there is get on the railroad at the Main Street station, but you can still get on and off at all of the other stations as there are ramps.

When you get ready to actually board the ride, the cast members will generally ask how far you can walk, if you need assistance or extra time. (Or for rides that are continuously moving like Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, they will ask if you need it slowed down or brought to a full stop.) Your ECV will always be waiting for you where you exit the ride. (yes, even on something like Rise of the Resistance, which honestly always amazes me, because who the hell knows where that ride begins and ends, lol.)

I have to say Disneyland is easily the BEST place I've experienced when it comes to accessbility for wheelchair users. It's not always 100% perfect, but they really do everything they can to assist and make it easier.

There's already some good info here, but I go quite frequently with family who utilize ECVs. Like others have already said, DCA will allow the ECV in all of the queues pretty much. DLR, you will have to get return times on older rides like Fantasyland stuff, Pirates, HM, etc. One of the only things you can't do there is get on the railroad at the Main Street station, but you can still get on and off at all of the other stations as there are ramps.

When you get ready to actually board the ride, the cast members will generally ask how far you can walk, if you need assistance or extra time. (Or for rides that are continuously moving like Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, they will ask if you need it slowed down or brought to a full stop.) Your ECV will always be waiting for you where you exit the ride. (yes, even on something like Rise of the Resistance, which honestly always amazes me, because who the hell knows where that ride begins and ends, lol.)

I have to say Disneyland is easily the BEST place I've experienced when it comes to accessbility for wheelchair users. It's not always 100% perfect, but they really do everything they can to assist and make it easier.
Thanks so much for your thoughts, I had a good chuckle about ROTR and totally agree, I can never get my bearings on that ride but it really is the most amazing experience.

Oh thanks so much for all the info and the link, I feel a lot more comfortable now. Glad you had a great trip and that your husband was able to enjoy everything even with a bad knee. Hope he recovers soon.
Thank you! He’s doing remarkably well so far. Just all the walking was too much for him 6 weeks postoperative. Some rides he had a hard time fitting in, because he cannot fully bend his knee with his brace on. BTMRR was one. He learned quick to sit in the middle seat on Matterhorn too.

Oh and I forgot that he rode his ECV to the exit for jungle cruise too. They have him ride right up to the boat. We used a return time for that ride as well and we got to sit in the very front next to the skipper, which was awesome!

Hope your hips and back are feeling better soon too. Have a fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter