DL Resort What to do?

krazy4crusing

Zippadeedodah!
Hi All,

We are heading to DL in March 2011 for a pre DCL visit.

I have a few questions that I am grappling with as I am a DL newbie.
We have 2 plans... so far

Plan A:hippie:

Friday night fly in and go to DL hotel
Saturday morning: Get up and go to DL and DCA
Saturday night: Head to our hotel at the port

Plan B :hippie:

Friday night fly in and go to DL hotel
Saturday morning: Get up and go to DL and DCA stay again at DL Hotel
Sunday morning: Drive to the port

Should we stay at DL or book a nearby hotel? We don't mind walking to the parks.

Can we do DCA and DL in one full day, it's hard to tell by just looking at it on a map.

Any other tips, advice would be greatly appreciated!!:hug:

Thanks!

I can't think what a pre DCL visit is? Oh, is it a cruise? :confused3 Oh, port, I was thinking you meant airport. :)

Anyway, it looks like you have one day for DLR. Of course more would be better but you can do highlights of each park in one day. Just try to pick out ahead time what those would be.

If you can just crash at a hotel nearby DLR at the end of the day, that is nice but it might depend on when you have to be there the next day.

There are some good off properties too. There are lots of threads about walking distance places. But I believe staying at the DLH would give you a MM entry for Sat which would help if you only have one day.

Oh, and Friday night, depending on when you got in, you could look around DTD.

I'd do B.

You can drive to the port easily on Sunday, so why not stay at DLR longer saturday night.

Also PP is correct if you stay on property you will get a MM which would extend your time in the parks one hour.

If you want to save money there are plenty of places nearby but you won't get that MM.

As far as doing the two parks in one day. If you work it DL opening grab fast passes and move to DCA for it's opening and go back to DL at night you could get quite a bit in. But it will be a whirlwind day like no other.

the two parks at DLR are at least equal to two parks at WDW, with the exception of travel time. So if MK and DHS were side by side would you enjoy doing the big rides in both in a single day, or chose one to thoroughly explore?

also, this is an appropriate question for our planning board......would you like me to move it there? You might get more traffic.

the two parks at DLR are at least equal to two parks at WDW, with the exception of travel time. So if MK and DHS were side by side would you enjoy doing the big rides in both in a single day, or chose one to thoroughly explore?

also, this is an appropriate question for our planning board......would you like me to move it there? You might get more traffic.

I agree. It would take at least one day for each park to experience close to everything and that would be going "commando". I truly believe that it takes three days to really enjoy the resort but if you can spend more time then it just multiplies the fun and relaxation. I can't stress enough to anyone going that California has so much to offer a vacationer. San Diego, Monterey, San Fran, and especially (drum roll please) Yosemite National Park not mention all the great scenic drives and beaches. Have fun on your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter