DL Pre Trip Planning (for 12/14-12/17)

Julia M

DIS Veteran<br><font color =red>not clever, not wi
This is our "extra"trip-the trip we are taking because my dh wants to see the Xmas parade and the snow. We have a big WDW trip planned for April (but it may be cancelled, due to a terminal illness in the family, but that's another story...)

Anyway, the planning!

We are staying at the Anaheim Best Inn Maingate (old Days Inn), on harbor, right behind Denny's. Very close to park. Rate of $49 per night, which includes a microwave and fridge.

Passes were from LERA (Lockheed Employees recreation Association) $71 per adult and $54 per child.

We will be driving down Thursday after school, and spending Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the parks. We'll leave Sunday afternoon mid day and head home (The kids are off school the next week, so we can get in late. Poor dh, he'll have to work!)

This is a major league budget trip, so no character b'fast at the hotel, no lunch at Blue Bayou, etc.

I have packed the kids clothes in ziplock bags-that has really helped with getting ready. I have put some of ds's clothes in a 2 gallon, bag, as he is getting big (size 12 boys jeans!)

I have packed instant oatmeal, cereal, hot cocoa, snacks and soda's for the room, for b'fast. I also have a few treats to carry at the park, as well as water bottles. I plan to buy each child a water strap. to carry their own water. I bought t-shirts for the kids during a Disney store big sale ($4-$5 each)-Toy Story for the boys and Marie for my daughter. That, along with a bottle strap, will probably be their only treat/souvenir.

I have picked up some new little "junk" for the drive down, primarily from garage sales and the DeAnza flea market, to keep kids entertained.

This will be an experiment for us-no double stroller! It will also be my first trip anywhere since May of 1992 that I haven't carried a diaper bag!

We will have a single stroller, and carry a change of clothing for our newly potty trained son. We will also carry ponchos (just in case) With just the camera, water bottles and a couple of snacks, we hope to travel light.

Well, I am off to pack some more-I think we'll have a great time!

mirror.gif
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#006600>Hi Julia,

I'm picturing you right now having a wonderful time at the Land. Let us know how it went. :)

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

Sounds like a great trip. Please post and let us all know all the details when you get back. I'd also like to know what you thought of the Best Inn for our next budget trip, as well.

Annjanette

Can't wait to read your report when you get back - have fun. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter