DL Parking Structure Security?

eatmypixiedust

<font color=blue><marquee>I'm coming to you live f
Last night I went to Downtown Disney after work and someone vandalized or tried to break into my car! I'm so angry and upset that this happend! I parked in Daisy (level 2) of the parking structure and was close to the escalators.

The passenger side of my door has a huge slant shaped mark where the paint was somehow chipped off. It's definitely not a ding from someone's car door because the metal is showing. It looks like someone tried to use a slim jim to break into my car but missed and chipped off a huge chunk of paint. I called DL this morning and they said they couldn't review the tapes at the moment from last night and that they are not responsible for damage or loss in the parking structure. They asked me to send an e-mail to customer service and that was about it. Has anything like this happend to anyone else?

Ughh....what a nightmare this week has been. I went to DL to try to relax after a hectic week from work and instead I get vandalized. :(

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I called some local body shops this morning and they said they don't do "small" jobs, they would have to charge me for a new door (which I don't need). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry to read that someone damaged your car. That really stinks.

Keep checking around for body shops & ask your mechanic (if you have one) who he/she recommends.

I had a minor dent in my car years ago and they took care of the problem. I also have a scrape on the door of my car, and they are going to fix it without replacing my door (two other body shops said that they would have to replace my door).

The honest one gets my repeat business.

Did you call the cops? They'll get the tapes from DL if you did. It may not have just been you.

As far as the shop telling you they'd charge you for a new door, well move on. They are just trying to rip you off. Good luck!

Mary Jo said:
Sorry to read that someone damaged your car. That really stinks.

Keep checking around for body shops & ask your mechanic (if you have one) who he/she recommends.

I had a minor dent in my car years ago and they took care of the problem. I also have a scrape on the door of my car, and they are going to fix it without replacing my door (two other body shops said that they would have to replace my door).

The honest one gets my repeat business.

I spoke to my mechanic and he said it might have been someone trying to break in, but from the appearance of the scratch, it looks like someone in an SUV or truck scraped it as they were backing up or parking their car next to or near my car.

I bought primer and paint from Pep Boys. Hopefully it will help. If not, my mechanic knows a nice body shop across from his shop.

Hopefully this didn't happen to anyone else the same night I was there.

Oh how awful! I'm so sorry that happened, and I know how stressed you've been at work lately. That's all you needed! UGH!!

I haven't had anything like that happen, but you just never know about people. There are a lot of crooks around, even in DL!

Anyway I hope the primer and paint works!

JenDisneylandlver said:
Oh how awful! I'm so sorry that happened, and I know how stressed you've been at work lately. That's all you needed! UGH!!

I haven't had anything like that happen, but you just never know about people. There are a lot of crooks around, even in DL!

Anyway I hope the primer and paint works!

Thanks Jen! :) I know, I feel really terrible! I'm going out of my mind at work and I really don't want to deal with any more problems :( I can't believe someone would do that though.....but you're right, there are crooks in DL.

I hope the paint I bought works too!
fingersx.gif
<---crosses fingers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter