DL in June - Oga's, Fireworks, and Weather

ChUK87

Earning My Ears
Finally coming to California and have got a two day trip to DL and DCA planned for 2nd week of June. Whilst I've watched endless videos, I'm getting close to 60 days out...

So I'm planning to book Oga's Cantina for drinks towards the end of the day but I really want to see the fireworks. Does anyone have any guidance on when to book Oga's for to give enough time to walk over to Main St on time for the fireworks?

I can't find any info on fireworks for a Thursday - are they even on? If so, anyone have a good spot to watch the fireworks? Like for best photos and videos?

Lastly, any advice on weather?

Thanks

Weather - Pleasant and rain free. Expect marine layer (aka fog) in the morning and sun during the afternoon. Highs can range anywhere from the 70's to the 80's. Humidity is also low.

Fireworks - It is likely that fireworks will be scheduled nightly by the second week of June, but check the schedule a few weeks out to confirm. They will be showing Together Forever as part of Pixar Fest. Buzz Lightyear will likely fly over the castle and the house from Up. Fireworks get cancelled with some regularity due to wind, so try on your first night if it's important. World of Color shows every night year round unless it's closed for a refurb. Fantasmic will also be showing in DL park nightly.

Oga's - Sorry, no advice from me as I'm not a drinker. I'm sure others will chime in. It could be tough getting from that area to Main Street at night, so I would leave at least 15-20 minutes to make the walk. You will probably have to exit to Big Thunder Trail, cut through Fantasyland, then down the parade route by the Matterhorn. You might be able to go through Frontierland, but it will be congested with Fantasmic crowds. It also depends how good a view you want. You can watch fireworks from Main Street, the Rivers of America, or Small World.

You only get 45 minutes in Oga’s so plan that they will bring your check and let you know your time is up at that point. Trying to do a later Oga’s and get a very good view for fireworks likely won’t work on the same night. You can do Oga’s earlier, say around 6pm (so you will be done at around 7) and do them on the same night (if you want a prime view; you can just walk up and watch the fireworks off from the side, from SWGE or from near IASW without a long line-up). People line up on Main Street and in the hub for fireworks very, very early. I am not one to wait 2 hours in one spot to see the fireworks from the center of Main Street, but many do just that. So if you want a great spot for photos and videos, you will need to be in place at least an hour or more (maybe significantly more, if you want dead center front of hub) before the fireworks start. And then they might be cancelled due to winds higher up (due to risk of fire to surrounding houses). So you have to commit to wait it out, and then face the chance that they get cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter