DL error , park entry required

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
At DCA , in DCA. It says we did not enter the park, but we did. Anyone know how to fix to book rides?

Probably need to go to Guest Services near the front entrance.

Guest Services can't help. They will send you back to the turnstiles. This happens to us quite often, actually. We use DAS and always stop to make a return time as soon as we enter and the first time it happened, we went to GR and they couldn't fix it. We had to go back to get scanned in again. Now we know.

Just an FYI for anyone else. Always try to book your DAS/Genie + as SOON as you enter and don't go too far in, in case you need to be scanned in again.

I had the opposite problem a few weeks ago. We were going to take the monorail from DTD but it was delayed so we went back out the turnstile and walked to the front gate. My friend got in fine but it showed that I was already in the park so the CM had to call for a lead to come and ok it. We were in a hurry to make a dining reservation in DL so maybe I bypassed the turnstile or something?

I had the opposite problem a few weeks ago. We were going to take the monorail from DTD but it was delayed so we went back out the turnstile and walked to the front gate. My friend got in fine but it showed that I was already in the park so the CM had to call for a lead to come and ok it. We were in a hurry to make a dining reservation in DL so maybe I bypassed the turnstile or something?

This is pretty common for people entering DCA through the GCH entrance and then immediately hopping over to DL. It’s something in their system to “prevent” people from sharing the same ticket. 🙄 I highly doubt this does more than cause headaches for CMs working at the turnstiles.

Yeah, this happens if you try to enter 2 different gates within 20 minutes of each other. It just requires an override. People used to enter the parks and pass off tickets through the fence to someone else to use, so they had to put this measure in place.

I just saw on Facebook that this was a problem for a lot of people before 8:30 this morning.

This has been an ongoing issue in the Magic Key FB group I am in. People are getting suspended from making park reservations and being cited for 3 "no shows" when they actually were in the park those days! Customer service can't help them unlock their passes even when they can prove they were there with a receipt. It's messed up.

I've had this happen to me. It's annoying but sometimes it'll just soft itself out in about 1/2 an hour without doing anything. Sometimes, it takes a trip to the turnstiles.

This is pretty common for people entering DCA through the GCH entrance and then immediately hopping over to DL. It’s something in their system to “prevent” people from sharing the same ticket. 🙄 I highly doubt this does more than cause headaches for CMs working at the turnstiles.
The last time this happened to us (maybe 2 months ago), I asked the lead who helped us if they were still catching scammers with this system. She rolled her eyes and said that they were still catching a surprising number of scammers. She did agree that this system is a hassle for both CMs and guests, but apparently, it is working to some extent.

This happened to us last month with regular tickets. They asked me if we had magic keys initially when i went back to guest services and when i said no they seemed suprised which led me to believe it may be a common occurrence with Keys. They told me to go back to the front and rescan, which i did, but that didn’t work. After about 30 minutes at guest services the second time they did something to fix it. It was a bummer because we rope drop to spend the first two hours trying to ride with short lines so to spend the first hour figuring that out was a bummer.

This happened to us our first day in DL, Tuesday 26 July. Didn’t realize we had a problem till I tried to book a lighting lane. Ended up going to the guest relations quiosk across from Haunted Mansion and the CS just rescanned our tickets and we where go to go about 5 minutes later.

Thanks to everyone for your comments (OP here), for reference this was July 28, my first time in DL (family of 4 all had the problem). We did not park hop, we left Grand Cali and entered DCA through the main entrance, not the GC gate. The lines at GS were really long, so we didn't actually wait in it, lots of people with the same problem. GS was not fixing the problem anyway (said someone coming out of the line). The problem fixed itself after a few hours (we got there at 8, it was probably fixed by 10:30-11am) without me scanning in again anywhere. I'm posting this incase it is helpful to anyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter