DL Dining ADR Help Please

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Asking for some guidance on getting reservations at Trader Sam's and Blue Bayou for our upcoming February trip.

Would it be better to use a laptop on the website or use my iPad and the DL app??

What time should I be able to book the reservations? I have read conflicting reports of when ADR's are released.

I'd also like to confirm that DLR resort guests do not have a priority booking window as WDW resorts guests do? I will need to book each day or our trip separately as the 60 window opens?

I would also love some suggestions on other places to eat as well please? I am going with my 25 year old daughter, her college roommate and my 15 year old son.

Thank you! I greatly appreciate any help! I am very knowledgeable about WDW but I am lost here. :)

Usually 6AM PST time. I suggest using both the app and the website. Yes separate day - 60 days out. Blue Bayou and Trader Sam's go fast. Good Luck.

If you can, check before 6am (PST) as they sometimes randomly drop reservations early. I recently found one place open to book a day before it was supposed to go up. It's a little maddening!

No, DLR does not give priority booking to on site guests. It MAY be possible to talk to the concierge and see if they can find availability for you at a particular restaurant once you're there, but no guarantees.

If you are unable to get a particular restaurant you want, it is often possible to get a reservation by signing up with a dining alert site that will notify you if someone has cancelled. There are both free and paid versions. I've had pretty good luck with it but it's a bit stressful as you have to be able to jump on it as soon as you get the notification. Mouse Dining is one I have used. You're also likely to find reservations come up as you get close to your dates. This is because many people make more reservations than they will keep and will drop some close to their trip. You can also just keep going into the DLR dining system and checking for openings.

It's also generally pretty easy to get in as a walk-up in many places. For BB, get there as soon as the check-in kiosk opens and put your name in. For Trader Sam's, there is a walk-up sign-in on the app. You have to be within the general vicinity of the restaurant to do this. My suggestion for TS's is that if there is a really long wait, be open to dining outside. You can sit anywhere on the terrace and it's a nice experience, especially when the island band is playing, and much less intense than inside. Inside is a lot of fun but it's crowded and can be loud.

Forgot to say that I also use both the app and my desktop when trying for reservations. Sometimes I have better luck with one and sometimes the other. This last trip (Dec 7-11), I had better luck with the app on my phone. Other times I find it better to go to the DL website on my desktop.

Previous posters had lots of great advice!

As far as other restaurants to eat at, the below are my favorites, or at least near top my list:

Consider:
Lamplight Lounge in DCA
Craftsman Bar in GCH (it's not just a bar)
Cafe Orleans (DL)

For quick service:
Earl of Sandwich (downtown disney)
Craftsman Grill in GCH
San Fransokyo area restaurants DCA
Pyms Kitchen DCA
Bengal Barbecue (DL)
Docking Bay (DL)
Rancho Del Zocalo (DL)
Ronto Roasters (DL)
Tiana's Palace (DL)

Asking for some guidance on getting reservations at Trader Sam's and Blue Bayou for our upcoming February trip.

Would it be better to use a laptop on the website or use my iPad and the DL app??

What time should I be able to book the reservations? I have read conflicting reports of when ADR's are released.

I'd also like to confirm that DLR resort guests do not have a priority booking window as WDW resorts guests do? I will need to book each day or our trip separately as the 60 window opens?

I would also love some suggestions on other places to eat as well please? I am going with my 25 year old daughter, her college roommate and my 15 year old son.

Thank you! I greatly appreciate any help! I am very knowledgeable about WDW but I am lost here. :)
I've had success with the app and website. I usually have them both up and ready to go at 5:59 at the latest, then I keep reloading until 6:00. I've seen Trader Sam's and Blue Bayou right at 6, but TS times slots disappear faster than BB. Although....Sometimes I think I've missed TS but then the reservations appear at 6:15, so do check back if you think you missed it.

Also, you can sign up for a dining alert if you miss getting your ADRs 60 days out. The website will text or email you when reservations open up, and you quickly go book it before someone else does. I've gotten a number of hard to get ADRs that way.

Favorite restaurants:

Jolly Holiday Bakery
Rancho Del Zocalo
Red Rose Tavern
Plaza Inn (No ADR unless you're doing the character meal or parade package.)

ADR needed:
Oga's
Goofy's
River Belle Terrace. (I love sitting out on the patio, it's such a pretty spot.)

DCA;
Pym's
Lucky Fortune Cookery

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter