• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL DAS question

amyamya

DIS Veteran
Hi, I hope this isn't redundant to ask, but the last time we went to DL pre-Covid in 2019 we went to the green umbrellas to get our DAS return times. Now I understand I can use my phone via the DL app to get a return time. Does anyone have tips on doing this for the first time? Anything I need to be aware of? I understand you can still use the cast members under the green umbrellas, but also the phone. I had a great experience with the video chat and did make my two advanced registration options. I also think as soon as my son's ticket is scanned upon entry I can make another return time request. I plan to do this. Thanks all for the help.

Yes, you'll be able to make your first DAS selection on the app once you scan into the park. Sometimes it can take a few minutes after you scan in for the DAS info to show up in the app though. This happened to us both in the morning and returning to the park.

For many rides you'll enter through the lightning lane and you'll need to scan your DAS holder first, then the rest of your party. Once you are scanned in to a ride, you'll can immediately book your next DAS.

We had some trickiness with the DAS sometimes not clearing after we scanned in, preventing us from making a new selection. You can always cancel a DAS that hasn't been redeemed or go to a guest services kiosk and have them help. Sometimes weird things happened where one party member would not clear and we need help to clear it and add it to the return we already booked.

If you are parking hopping you won't be able to book the other park on the app. You can always to guest services to book though on your way to park hop, take a hotel break, etc.

If you the ride you have a DAS time for breaks down, you may be given a multi-experience pass to use another time. This happened to us on Soarin' our first morning (pre-booked DAS) and then we used it at the end of our day to ride Soarin' again (could have used on other rides, but my DS wanted to do Soarin').

We had a hard time using our pre-booked DAS times. We often just weren't in those parts of the parks when the time came. But no big deal if you don't use them.

Have fun!

Oh and if Indiana Jones is in your plans, be sure to time that when the stand by time is fairly low. The DAS/LL merges with the stand by line pretty early on. It was our longest wait in a queue of our trip at approximately 20 minutes.

Also I wrote a detailed trip report from our January DL travels that included info on our DAS experience:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/third-trips-a-charm-jan-25-29-2022-gch-lunar-new-year-das.3869345/
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Off to read your TR now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter