DL closes early Oct 1 - why?

WestWind

Earning My Ears
I see DL is set to close at 6:00 on Wednesday October 1. This is not a Halloween Party event night. Why is it closing early?

ooooh…. maybe someone has booked Disneyland for a private function…. a Disney Wedding?? Someone famous?? I love speculating! lol

I think it is because all us canucks are coming down in droves that week :lmao:.

Guess it we will be spending the evening across the plaza in California.

Could not find any reason, but suspect it is a special event and someone has hired out the park.

I was working with someone at Disney on our upcoming vacation and asked the same question. She just replied that it was closing for a private event.

They do close early for private events from time to time.
During October, the park will close one night early for the Cast Member (Little Monsters) Halloween Party. when I went the past few years, it was later on in the month. Not sure if they bumped up the date this year, or if there is a separate event.

I had been wondering the same thing. Special event, Hmmm. DL closes early at 6 PM two days in a row that week. :mad:

I had been wondering the same thing. Special event, Hmmm. DL closes early at 6 PM two days in a row that week. :mad:
The 6:00 pm closure on 9/30 (Tue) and the 7:00 pm closure on 10/3 (Fri) is due to MHP. At least the reason for those early closures are known.

So if I'm reading the park hours schedule correctly, DL is actually closing early 3 days that week of Sept 28th: 6 PM on Tues and 7 PM on Fri for MHP, and 6 PM on Weds, Oct 1st for some kind of unknown special event.
Bummer for those folks who at DL that week especially if they are not going to either of the Halloween parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter