DL Characters

SageG

Earning My Ears
At Disneyland, are characters allowed to hug kids and sign autographs? Are the character meets similar to what they were pre-pandemic? We are taking our family in a couple of weeks and I want to know what to expect on the character front. Thanks!

Apologies if this has been covered over and over, but I searched and couldn't find a detailed answer.

Yes, they are the same as pre-pandemic.

Roaming characters often don’t stop for photos or sign autographs (sometimes they do, but it depends). But any character you line up for will do hugs and signatures (unless their hands won’t allow for signatures… not sure if that applies to anyone currently… but characters like Sully physically can’t hold a pen…)

Yes, they are the same as pre-pandemic.

Roaming characters often don’t stop for photos or sign autographs (sometimes they do, but it depends). But any character you line up for will do hugs and signatures (unless their hands won’t allow for signatures… not sure if that applies to anyone currently… but characters like Sully physically can’t hold a pen…)
Thanks for the quick reply!

Also, if for some characters that sign can't autographs for physical reasons, the handler will often have a fun in-universe reason. Buzz Lightyear can't sign autographs because it is against Star Command policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter