DL Birthday FUN Card!!! UPDATE pg 2 post 25!!!!

momrek06

DIS Veteran
:wave2: DL DISer's....to those of you who have already had the awesome opportunity to celebrate your birthday :cake: at DL....would you all post what you used your birthday gift card on??????? :mickeyjum

I am going on my birthday :cake: in March and we were there Friday night. I have the SoCal AP so I will opt for the gift card. I love everything. We stopped in all the gift shops as we walked around.

I am probably going to get a DL sweatshirt and any money left over, some pins.

Join in everyone!!!! What did you buy or going to buy??

:cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

I'm not sure yet...I'm going in a couple days and I'll probably use this trip as an opportunity to "pick out" some of the stuff I would like to get for my birthday in June! :teeth:

I was going to use it on something I've wanted forever--an etched glass Disneyland mug with my name on it--but I'd forgotten that you couldn't use the card in the glass shop or the silhouette store! I got the mug anyway and used the gift card for gifts for my family. :banana:

I had thought about buying one of those 3D boxes that light up. I'm not sure what they're called, but they have a little Disney scene in them, like Peter Pan or Sleeping Beauty. Had I not decided on the mug, that's what I would've gotten. I also really liked the gold-plated e-ticket from the same shop on Main St., but I couldn't manage to spend $100 for it even if I did have a gc for $69!

I'm thinking of starting the girls' pin collections with their cards and also getting them something small. But I need to figure out if I should get their APs on their birthday or get the free 2fer and then get the AP on our following visit.

I had thought about buying one of those 3D boxes that light up. I'm not sure what they're called, but they have a little Disney scene in them, like Peter Pan or Sleeping Beauty. Had I not decided on the mug, that's what I would've gotten. I also really liked the gold-plated e-ticket from the same shop on Main St., but I couldn't manage to spend $100 for it even if I did have a gc for $69!

I think those boxes are linked in Mary Jo's post. :)

I like the trinket boxes; they're too cute! I'll be interested to see what others have bought/will buy too, as I'm hoping to get one of those gift cards for myself in June. :) And here I had been thinking I'd just end up buying plushies or something. ;)

I am still working with DH on if we will do a one day trip to WDW on my Birthday or his. I am hoping for his since then I can do DLR for mine and get my GC and a trip to WDW :woohoo: Oh and practically it would be WAY easier flying cross country with a 4 month old instead of a 2 month old.

If I do get a GC I am so getting some new NBC goodies :)

Soooooooo, yippee skippee, tomorrow is my birthday :cake: and I have been thinking about what I want to get with my Disney Birthday Gift Card and I am getting a DL sweatshirt (for sure) and the DISNEYLAND HIDDEN MICKEY's book!!!!! :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

Anyone else???

By the way, Momrek06 -- how are you liking So Cal so far?

Ahhh...Mary Jo, we love it here. :love: I miss my EAST COAST family so much but their weather I am not missing so much. :cold: On Monday they had another 10 inches of snow dumped on them. :sad2: I will take my 20 minute commute to DL and this weather :sunny: all year long!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

DBF got himself a Jack sweatshirt and then he got a couple of toys for the girls since we didn't take them that trip. I don't know what I'll do with mine, I might hold onto it...I might not....there are some cute tops I'd love to have....

I want some sort of sweatshirt or clothing with mine...

I don't know what to do with mine either... So many choices!

It was my DD's birthday yesterday. She bought a sweatshirt and a 5x7 photo from photo pass. She has a balance that she can use within the next year.

We will be there on DH's birthday. Since we can't go on mine because it is in September I am hoping he will share his card with me if I'm very nice. :lovestruc

I bet he'll get a sweatshirt or t-shirt.

How much is the gift card worth? I will be getting a hopper pass for our vacation so the I'm so excited that the gift card can go toward goodies. Can you use it only on certain merchandise and not food? Thanks!

We will be there for DD5's birthday. I've been wondering. When we were in WDW they had very adorable playhouse Cinderella Castle (identical to the one at WDW) w/ all little princess figurines for only $69. She really wanted it but we didn't get it because we didn't know how we'd get it home. Do they have anything like that at DLR? Do they have a Sleeping Beauty castle? If so, I know she'd love to use her card on that.

Does anyone know where to retrieve the gift card? Can you do it at the ticket booth, or does it have to be done inside the park? I'm hoping to avoid using "park time" to wait in line to go get it. We will be there for my DD's b-day on Monday.
Also, my confirmation e-mail got erased, is there a way to get it again so I can print it, or will they issue a gift card with just a birth certificate?
TIA

Does anyone know where to retrieve the gift card? Can you do it at the ticket booth, or does it have to be done inside the park? I'm hoping to avoid using "park time" to wait in line to go get it. We will be there for my DD's b-day on Monday.
Also, my confirmation e-mail got erased, is there a way to get it again so I can print it, or will they issue a gift card with just a birth certificate?
TIA

You can get the bday fun card (or any of the perks) at Guest Services, at the ticket booths or at City Hall. You will not need your email, DBF didn't have one and we had NO problems getting his card. :)

My birthday is in March too, and I plan on using my gift card to upgrade my Deluxe AP to a premium. (Does that sound too boring?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter