DL app update + I have COVID again :-(.

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, there’s a new version of the app as of this morning - 11/15/22.
F817D152-2E37-43CE-AE54-88FB92F99C50.jpeg
Also, I’m afraid I have COVID again. Given the timing, it seems likely that I picked it up at DL on Sunday, Nov 6. My main symptom this time has been severe fatigue. I’ve been in bed almost constantly since last Weds eve when I tested positive. My doctor prescribed Paxlovid the following morning. Fortunately, no fever this time (last time it reached nearly 104°) and no weight loss. I’m a thin guy — 143 pounds, what I weighed in high school — and I lost 19 pounds in six days the last time (January). Seriously. I went out yesterday for a brief isolated evening walk but that’s about it. My home quarantine ended on Sunday and I’ll continue to wear a mask when I go out for another four days. Could have been worse. Hope you’re all well.

View attachment 718963
Also, I’m afraid I have COVID again. Given the timing, it seems likely that I picked it up at DL on Sunday, Nov 6. My main symptom this time has been severe fatigue. I’ve been in bed almost constantly since last Weds eve when I tested positive. My doctor prescribed Paxlovid the following morning. Fortunately, no fever this time (last time it reached nearly 104°) and no weight loss. I’m a thin guy — 143 pounds, what I weighed in high school — and I lost 19 pounds in six days the last time (January). Seriously. I went out yesterday for a brief isolated evening walk but that’s about it. My home quarantine ended on Sunday and I’ll continue to wear a mask when I go out for another four days. Could have been worse. Hope you’re all well.

I’m soooooo sorry you’re sick with Covid. I’m so glad it’s not horrible- but still not fun. Sending you healing prayers.

I’m pretty sure my 6 year old picked up the flu at Disneyland on Veterans Day. The timing is perfect. She’s pretty sick and we are headed to the doctor today.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well , but seems like you're recovering well this time. When I got covid myself from a work potluck, I was just EXHAUSTED for almost a week. I got paxlovid as well but am overweight but zero serious health issues , just lost my sense of smell and that medicine has the WORST aftertaste, lol.

Take care of yourself !

I’m soooooo sorry you’re sick with Covid. I’m so glad it’s not horrible- but still not fun. Sending you healing prayers.

I’m pretty sure my 6 year old picked up the flu at Disneyland on Veterans Day. The timing is perfect. She’s pretty sick and we are headed to the doctor today.
Thanks for the good wishes. So sorry to hear about your six-year-old. I had the flu when I was about ten or eleven. It was pretty severe.

Thanks for the good wishes. So sorry to hear about your six-year-old. I had the flu when I was about ten or eleven. It was pretty severe.

Thank you….. there was a child who sat behind us during the parade who was visibly ill… he cried during the entire parade and just looked miserable and sick. So she may have picked it up from him or one of the 56,000 surfaces she touched. I try and sanitize hands and wash hands constantly but it was inevitable. Not a good year for flu….. we’ll see what the doctor says today!

Hope you’re recovered and back in the parks soon!!!!

Thank you….. there was a child who sat behind us during the parade who was visibly ill… he cried during the entire parade and just looked miserable and sick.
I suspect you’re probably right. I wish people wouldn’t go to the park when they’re sick (or when their children are).
Hope you’re recovered and back in the parks soon!!!!
Thank you! I aim to make it there on Sunday.

I suspect you’re probably right. I wish people wouldn’t go to the park when they’re sick (or when their children are).

Thank you! I aim to make it there on Sunday.

We should’ve gotten up and moved but we’d been there an hour and had a front row seat. Oh well!

Looking forward to your report next week after your return on Sunday!

My family was there Nov 4-6 and came home with COVID. We obviously got it there, symptoms started Sunday evening, our last day. My husband never had symptoms, just tested because I was positive. He tested negative before I did, so may have had it longer than me. I just feel bad wondering how many people we may have passed it on to before we showed symptoms. I suppose they knew the risk they were taking, just like I knew, going to such a crowded place.
Sounds like you're feeling better (I hope?)

Oh WonkaKid so sorry you were sick! I just got my booster yesterday and was fine until I got to work today...hmmm suspicious timing! Now got the body aches headache and having lots of crabby patients isn't helping! Hope you feel better soon, smart to wear your mask! Thanks for the update on the app!

My family was there Nov 4-6 and came home with COVID. We obviously got it there, symptoms started Sunday evening, our last day. My husband never had symptoms, just tested because I was positive. He tested negative before I did, so may have had it longer than me. I just feel bad wondering how many people we may have passed it on to before we showed symptoms. I suppose they knew the risk they were taking, just like I knew, going to such a crowded place.
Sounds like you're feeling better (I hope?)

That’s how I feel…. I’m pretty sure my 6 year old caught the flu at Disneyland on Friday. We went back Sunday, and she was symptomatic on Monday. So she was probably contagious Sunday. Logically I know it’s a risk we all take going to a place like Disneyland, but I still feel bad and I’ve been praying we didn’t infect anyone.

View attachment 718963
Oh, no! I'm so sorry you caught covid again. I hope you have a milder case this time. I've known people who took Paxlovid and it helped alot. Take care, Wonkakid, and get plenty of rest. Hope you're recovered and back in the park soon :)

View attachment 718963
Is this only for iOS? I don't see a new update available on my Samsung. Mine says last update Nov 4.

Sorry to hear this news, Rob. If people would just follow common sense and stay home when they are sick and not drag children out in public when they’re sick, the spread of COVID, RSV, and flu could be prevented Or at least, greatly diminished.

I will be easy to recognize when I’m there in December…I’ll be the one in a mask. Works for me.

Sorry to hear this news, Rob. If people would just follow common sense and stay home when they are sick and not drag children out in public when they’re sick, the spread of COVID, RSV, and flu could be prevented Or at least, greatly diminished.

I will be easy to recognize when I’m there in December…I’ll be the one in a mask. Works for me.

Folks might get you mixed up with me, because we’ll be joining you in the mask wearing! We’re finally taking our March 2020 trip next month and are going to do everything we can to stay safe after having waited so long.

Best wishes to Rob and everyone else who’s been ill lately. It looks like another rough fall and winter.

After our June trip I saw my family in a blogger's video- we were easily identifiable in a sea of people because we were the only ones wearing masks!

Oh, no ! Sorry to hear you caught Covid again. Hopefully it doesn't affect you as badly as the 1st time. :tinker:Sending lots of Pixie Dust your way for speedy recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter