DL AP Holder... What can I skip at WDW?

JargonX

Earning My Ears
I'm an AP holder at DL. What rides can be skipped in Florida? I'm not against duplicating experiences, but I really want take in the stuff I can't experience here. But there are some things like the interactive queues, or even unique themeing, that I want to check out, or certain rides that are better in WDW. So... What duplicated rides should I totally skip? What should be deprioritized? And what duplicate rides do I definitely need to experience the WDW version?

A quick view by park:
Most of AK (except tough to be a bug,
Indy at DL is better than Dino at AK,
GRR is better than Kali

DHS ToT is better, RnR is different than Screamin
TSMM and Star Tours are the same

EPCOT Soarin was the same with an inferior queue at WDW
TT is different (but not really better) than RSR
DL doesn't have a World Showcase.

MK
HM has another scene at WDW
Splash Mountain is better
Pooh has a more complete story
Jungle Cruise is better

DL better
Space Mountain (but slightly different and may be worthwhile)
Small World
Buzz
BTMRR
Railroad

We are east cost souls who enjoyed one great trip to DL (loved it).

My biggest advice: spend time at Epcot World Showcase, especially at a relaxed night time pace. Maybe do it two nights. As far as rides to skip, you will be shocked at how big of a challenge it is to do Soarin and Test Track. I would not lose any sleep over missing them.

As for the other parks, Animal Kingdom is wholly unique and beautiful. Forget a "ride count" and just enjoy it.

A quick view by park:
Most of AK (except tough to be a bug,
Indy at DL is better than Dino at AK,
GRR is better than Kali

DHS ToT is better, RnR is different than Screamin
TSMM and Star Tours are the same

EPCOT Soarin was the same with an inferior queue at WDW
TT is different (but not really better) than RSR
DL doesn't have a World Showcase.

MK
HM has another scene at WDW
Splash Mountain is better
Pooh has a more complete story
Jungle Cruise is better

DL better
Space Mountain (but slightly different and may be worthwhile)
Small World
Buzz
BTMRR
Railroad

I agree with hakepb's assessment. I'd also add that Peter Pan at DL is far better than at MK - except for the standby queue! Loved the colors in Neverland!

I agree with hakepb's assessment. I'd also add that Peter Pan at DL is far better than at MK - except for the standby queue! Loved the colors in Neverland!
We don't have any interactive queues at all in DL. Is it worth standing in line to see it?

We don't have any interactive queues at all in DL. Is it worth standing in line to see it?
I have a hard time reccomending any 30+ minute line.
Interactive queues are kind of nice, and PP has one of the best queues. If you can manage to hit PP with a below average line with no extended outdoor queue (like immediately after Wishes) I would think it's worthwhile.
(But no kid is going to come back from a WDW vacation saying the lines were so awesome! They will still mostly talk about the rides)

And FYI, DL is awesome because everything is basically no more than a 15 minute walk from each other (Space Mountain to ToT is a reasonable DL walk even though it's 2 different parks)
WDW is much more spread out. Even between rides in the same park are farther. It's a very nice environment, but it takes more days to experience everything than DL.

I'm an AP holder at DL. What rides can be skipped in Florida? I'm not against duplicating experiences, but I really want take in the stuff I can't experience here. But there are some things like the interactive queues, or even unique themeing, that I want to check out, or certain rides that are better in WDW. So... What duplicated rides should I totally skip? What should be deprioritized? And what duplicate rides do I definitely need to experience the WDW version?

Why skip anything......?Nothing is quite the same...If you consider / factor in the queue lines that are way different..True some of the rides are alike, but that doesn't mean Skip them altogether...:confused3

Why skip anything......?Nothing is quite the same...If you consider / factor in the queue lines that are way different..True some of the rides are alike, but that doesn't mean Skip them altogether...:confused3
Well, time is a factor. I'd rather experience something totally new over somethings only 25% net.

Well, time is a factor. I'd rather experience something totally new over somethings only 25% net.

Well 1st off, if you don't mind me asking, "How long are you going for , & what time of year?" This will determine a lot of factors...

Pirates & Space Mtn are far better in DL. HM @ WDW is worth it for the queue plus extra room. Pooh is much better in WDW. RSR is better but VERY different experience than TT so TT is worth doing. Autopia is better than Indy Racetrack.

Philharmagic & Monsters Inc Laugh Floor are unique to FL & worth the time.

Enjoy!

Well 1st off, if you don't mind me asking, "How long are you going for , & what time of year?" This will determine a lot of factors...
Late September. 5 full days plus MNSSHP, plus maybe one more day. Very much want to see all the nighttime shows.

Late September. 5 full days plus MNSSHP, plus maybe one more day. Very much want to see all the nighttime shows.

Ok....So 1st off, you'll be traveling in one of the better times of the year, in terms of crowd levels....From beginning of Sept. to around the 20th or so, it'll be really slow...from then to the end of Sept. will still be very good. The only thing to keep in mind is Epcot on a Fri, or Sat. ( because it'll be F&W.

Along w/ the low low crowds, you'll have 5 full or possibly 6 days to tour.....Plenty of time for everything.'
At best (right now) HS, sadly to say is a 1/2 day or 3/4 day park.....AK will be a full day.....That leaves 2 Full day @ MK, & at least 1 full day EPCOT, and 1 more to mix and match......

With the combination of low crowds ands that many days, I truly wouldn't miss any of the duplicate rides.....In fact I'm sure you'll be able to go on them more than once for sure.. Utilize EMH...

DL AP holder too, and really enjoy going to WDW. At MK I really enjoy the attractions that DL used to have but doesn't any longer, like TTA (people mover) and Carousel of Progress. When I'm at MK, I can get really disoriented since things are farther apart and aren't "where they're supposed to be" ;) Same thing can happen at HS since parts of it look similar to parts of DCA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter