Dizzywood *Family Friendly Game* My Review

Goofy05

GreenieMimi
Okay, so I checked out Dizzywood when it was first mentioned here on the Dis, and wasn't so sure I would like it. It seems to be geared towards pre-teen girls, at first glance, but I gave it a test. It is still in Beta, so there have been some lag issues and issues with links not working. Customer service does, however, respond to all emails. There is a blog, with a link to that on the login page. I do suggest anyone who wishes to play Dizzywood to check out the blog, as there is a lot of information there.
Okay, my review. I played Dizzywood for a couple of weeks now and I'm hooked! I'm no pre-teen, haven't been for a um little while now. hehe However...I like it! There are almost daily mini-quests, there is a history to the game, as though it were a real place. Lots of games to play, items to find and sell, pets to create and give treats to, secret locations to find, even a room to furnish (so far, there is no option to actually sit on the furniture). Conservation is a lesson taught there. When you plant virtual trees to save the forest, a REAL tree is planted in your name. Pretty cool!
You can have buddies in the game, as well. When you first log on, you'll see a list of servers. I believe they are up to 9 now. If there's a star by the server name, that means one of your friends is playing on that server, so it's easy to find friends. You can't jump to them, however, you have to go to the room they are in and walk or skate around searching for them. There is no messaging system in the game.
Dizzywood is a MODERATED game. Safe for all ages. You can type out numbers, but not the numerals. There is no "taken" there. If you say something out of line, your chat will be suspended. I didn't test the chat, as I didn't want a ban on my account, but parents should test that, if you feel there would be a danger there to your children. Notice the red whistle near the typing space? That is your call for help in game. There is also a report a problem link on the bottom of the page. Either will send a report of a bad player.
I took a few screen shots, but I didn't want to give too much away about the gaming aspect. You can see how the inventory is set up. It's not the best system, but everything is in a specific area, not all jumbled together.

My backpack. This contains everything you've collected in Dizzywood. Your buddy list is there also. As you can see, this screen shot contains one of many NPCs found in the game. There are fruits and gems that float. Each is worth 1 point if you walk through them.

2578763676_e01f51e88f_o.jpg

Hyperlinks to other places and/or games are highlighted in blue.

2578763716_e2bc5f03d1_o.jpg

Gaming Stations. These are located in every room, but private rooms. They are also highlighted in blue. This location is the Garden Gazebo. You can earn seeds, plant them, cultivate them and pot them to be placed in your room! Cool plants, too!

2578763834_ae61d7f3e5_o.jpg

Clothing can be changed to any color you wish. No need to buy 50 shirts to have every color, just one will do! I took this pic in my room, which I've done to look like the beach, sort of...notice the plants in the background. Those are all from the Garden Gazebo games.

2578763786_9611be04eb_o.jpg

Skateboarding! You can ride in free mode and get through rooms fairly quickly.

2577930789_3939a203d4_o.jpg

The newest room in Dizzywood, the Secret Beach. You'll have to find a teleporter key and portal to get here. Just opened Wednesday, June 11, I believe.

2577930743_3bf055c3eb_o.jpg

Now it's your turn. Check out the game and post your opinions here. I really do think this is a great way for families to play together! If you join because of my review and use the code: Table 667, I get secret items. ;) Just throwin' that out there...no obligations whatsoever!
Happy questing!

Thanks for posting this guide! The graphics in the game definitely take some getting used to (it's true to the Dizzy in it's name!) but it really is a lot of fun. I love how there's always something to do there. Lots of quests and challenges- there's lots of buzz around this game! The developers know what they're doing and are taking the time to make something awesome.

Dizzywood went through some serious safety testing by an outside agency recently, and it passed without question. It's definitely worth a look!

its great to see a family friendly game, we have been lacking in that department, but perhaps no more.

i joined and i used your code. :goodvibes it seems fun, but the landscape is making me dizzy. LOL I am finding it hard to manuever around all the stuff.

i am missdoodlebug, since debbidoodle was too close to a real name.

I played this for about 30 minutes sometime after VMK closed and it made me sick from diziness. But, it was cute and will have to check it out again. If I have questions I'll ask you ;)

i joined and i used your code. :goodvibes it seems fun, but the landscape is making me dizzy. LOL I am finding it hard to manuever around all the stuff.

i am missdoodlebug, since debbidoodle was too close to a real name.
Woot! Thanks!
I played this for about 30 minutes sometime after VMK closed and it made me sick from diziness. But, it was cute and will have to check it out again. If I have questions I'll ask you ;)

Yes, the movement of the game takes getting used to. What happens with me is when I'm done playing and go to a normal screen, it still seems to move! Eek! lol

That looks like a pretty fun game. One thing I did notice, though, is that it's kind of creepy that all of the avatars are constantly staring at you.

I played again for a bit last night. One thing I've run into... When you do the rock maze and get to the finish line, how do you get out? :confused3 :rotfl2: I've done it twice and it never lets me out once I cross the finish line (and I have found all that I was supposed to find). I wind up needing to close the game and then get back in again. Has this happened to you?

Is there a point to kicking the dizzy balls/soccer balls/etc.? (Other then it is fun to kick balls around.)

It is a fun little game. I'm going to pass this link onto my DD.

I played again for a bit last night. One thing I've run into... When you do the rock maze and get to the finish line, how do you get out? :confused3 :rotfl2: I've done it twice and it never lets me out once I cross the finish line (and I have found all that I was supposed to find). I wind up needing to close the game and then get back in again. Has this happened to you?

Is there a point to kicking the dizzy balls/soccer balls/etc.? (Other then it is fun to kick balls around.)

It is a fun little game. I'm going to pass this link onto my DD.

Hiya! Okay, first..did you get the prize from the dog statues?
To leave the maze, if you don't yet have the map, run over a red stone and it will toss you to the start where there is a clickable sign to another area.

Kicking the balls earns a point, same as the fruits and gems. :)

Hiya! Okay, first..did you get the prize from the dog statues?
To leave the maze, if you don't yet have the map, run over a red stone and it will toss you to the start where there is a clickable sign to another area.

Kicking the balls earns a point, same as the fruits and gems. :)

Yes, I got the prize from the dog statue. :lmao: I was following their directions to avoid the red stones at all costs. :rotfl: Thank you for the scoop. I'll know for next time. Although, I have the map, so i can try that, too.

Good to know about the balls. I was just kicking them for the sake of kicking them. It's especially fun when I make the soccer goals. LOL

debbi801:

As Goofy05 said, the red rocks "kick" you back to the start, but you can collect the bright blue rocks and they give you an emote. You can collect only so many emotes, then if you collect them you will get coins.

Also, if you didn't try this, it really helps doing the maze if you zoom out and view the maze at a distance. There is a little zoom switch, if I remember correctly, at the bottom right.

debbi801:

As Goofy05 said, the red rocks "kick" you back to the start, but you can collect the bright blue rocks and they give you an emote. You can collect only so many emotes, then if you collect them you will get coins.

Also, if you didn't try this, it really helps doing the maze if you zoom out and view the maze at a distance. There is a little zoom switch, if I remember correctly, at the bottom right.

Yep. I've gotten 2 emotes so far that way. :goodvibes

Speaking of the zoom, I always keep it zoomed out because I like seeing more of the environment. But, does anyone else notice it occasionally zooming in on its own, even while in the zoom out mode?

I just stumbled across this site... had some fun playing the games!

Glad to hear it is only in Beta - there is a lot of potential here! Funny that I googled forums for it and it brought me to my beloved Disboards!

Anyway - do to a mistype my name is Partyite (I think, lol)

Making a character for my son in a few...

I did notice people seem to be able to say anything... I am sure that will change though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter