Dividing MK into Two

Thanks all. I am going to make some of those suggestions and try to tweak my FPs day of as well. It never fails...I get swept up in the youtube videos describing the line-ups and start to panic. Don't even get me started on my lack of FP for FOP etc. Stay calm, stay calm.

It's been a few years since we went but I found a lot of restaurant res popped up the night before too so i'm trying to not stay too rigid in my plan.

Refresh and rope drop. That's my mantra here. I also need to get a battery pack for my phone I think because I remember it dropping very quickly. lol

Excellent mantra.

The battery pack is a great investment. I just took mine on a Girl Scout campout. (No phones for the girls, but lots of picture-taking as the leader.)

We split MK in two over three days. Day one was Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square with some of Fantasyland. Day two was during the MNSSHP where we did Tomorrowland and the remainder of Fantasyland. Day three was going back and riding stuff we wanted to do again or missed all over the park depending on fastpasses that could be made that day. We got a lot of attractions done in the morning before the crowds got to bad.

We rope drop Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets

This is my strategy for our second MK day
I was hoping to get in line for Aladdin / Jasmine Meet and greet after Magic Caroets... what time do you usually get those two rides done? Is there any wait for RD jungle cruise?
Does anyone know if the line is long at that point? (Maybe I would skip Magic Carpets if that’s the case)
thanks!

This is my strategy for our second MK day
I was hoping to get in line for Aladdin / Jasmine Meet and greet after Magic Caroets... what time do you usually get those two rides done? Is there any wait for RD jungle cruise?
Does anyone know if the line is long at that point? (Maybe I would skip Magic Carpets if that’s the case)
thanks!

Sometimes Jungle Cruise doesn’t open up until 9:30. Not sure why. But if it’s open at 9, we are usually off by 9:15-9:20 and then carpets is right there. The wait isn’t usually bad early since I think people rope drop fantasyland with the little ones.

I don’t know much about meet and greets since my son is older. I would think to do that after a couple of rides.

Thanks all. I am going to make some of those suggestions and try to tweak my FPs day of as well. It never fails...I get swept up in the youtube videos describing the line-ups and start to panic. Don't even get me started on my lack of FP for FOP etc. Stay calm, stay calm.

It's been a few years since we went but I found a lot of restaurant res popped up the night before too so i'm trying to not stay too rigid in my plan.

Refresh and rope drop. That's my mantra here. I also need to get a battery pack for my phone I think because I remember it dropping very quickly. lol

I didn’t have a FP for FoP either and waited in stand by for 90 mins (which actually turned into about 105 with a delay, mid-queue). That’s the best stand by wait time I saw the 3 days I was there. It was always 100+ easy and I went mid-week. Assuming weekend is worse. I peeked this evening at it was 135 on Sunday evening. Good luck!

Wow... thanks for sharing @dd1525 ! What time was this around?
We are planning on AK for a saturday only because it has EMH.

I'm afraid my hubby and kids will not tolerate longer than a 40 minute wait! I kid...well, sort of. 😂:laughing:

Wow... thanks for sharing @dd1525 ! What time was this around?
We are planning on AK for a saturday only because it has EMH.

I'm afraid my hubby and kids will not tolerate longer than a 40 minute wait! I kid...well, sort of. 😂:laughing:
If you get to AK an hour before official opening time (or, if it's morning EMH, an hour before that), your wait will be nowhere close to 90 minutes. You will definitely get on in under 40 (don't trust the posted wait, they inflate it). Get there nice and early and you'll be fine :)

Thanks @mamaofsix that makes me feel a lot better. We are hoping to do early days at the parks and then head out early afternoon so that we can enjoy the hotel and relax. Hubby doesn't have park stamina and the kids will like max out early afternoon too if we're at the park by 7 am. Trying to get some R&R in too, you know?

This is how we're doing things with most of the parks, not just MK. Takes a little more planning but I like doing it this way. Mixes things up a bit. Here's our layout for our trip in JUST NINE DAYS!
  • Parks Day 1 - AK in morning/early afternoon, Epcot (MAYBE), then MK after dark.
  • Parks Day 2 - MK morning and early/mid afternoon, then AK after dark.
  • Parks Day 3 - DHS morning and early/mid afternoon, then Epcot (nightime EMH)
Looks like a lot of bouncing around, I know, but I find that helps keep things fresh and keep us from getting as worn out. Spending all day in one park just wears on me too much. I have our FPs set up for our morning parks, then I'll refresh for the other parks later in the day. But for like AK after dark, it's more to just see Pandora all lit up. Not as worried about the rides bc we'll have taken care of those on Day 1. And for MK after dark, same kinda thing (tho I love BTMRR at night). We'll have most of the day on Day 2 to ride rides. Day 1 at night is just about soaking up the atmosphere.

Thanks @mamaofsix that makes me feel a lot better. We are hoping to do early days at the parks and then head out early afternoon so that we can enjoy the hotel and relax. Hubby doesn't have park stamina and the kids will like max out early afternoon too if we're at the park by 7 am. Trying to get some R&R in too, you know?
That sounds like a great plan - just be sure to return to AK to see Pandora at night, as well as the tree of life awakenings. Absolutely not to be missed!! :)

I can usually do all the MK attractions I like in one day but split it up to some degree since I always do two MK days per trip.

For example, one day I'll get FP for SDMT, BTM, Splash and rope drop Space, Buzz, Peter Pan and don't usually have trouble getting on everything else we like. Second day I'll FP Space, Buzz, Peter Pan and rope drop the fast passes from the first day (minus SDMT because my family is of the opinion that ride is a waste of time). Historically I end up riding everything both days, but this way one day I feel more guaranteed to get the Frontier and Adventureland stuff done and one day I feel guaranteed to get Tomorrowland and Fantasyland done.

@dreynolds1982 that sounds very impressive and thorough. I'm trying to get my fast passes booked for the morning too. Thanks for the tip.

@gregskellington my husband isn't keen on SDMT either so it's definitely a one and done for us as well. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter