Ditching Dad & Doing As We Please - 06/16 PTR - Update 6/7, Thanks for playing!

You can use any MB that's ever been linked to your MDE account, as long as you don't go in and deactivate it. (On my last trip, I alternated between three different bands.) From what I've been told, the only thing you need to worry about is battery life. The short-range part (opening your hotel room door, scanning for park admission, etc) is 18-24 months, and the long-range (ride photos mainly) is 12 months. For this reason, I retire mine once they are more than a year old.

Good to know! Ours are at least 18 months old at this point, so I'll just leave them home for DH to stare at while Maddie and I are tearing up Orlando.

FASTPASSES IN 6 DAYS!!!

Yesterday, I got to spend almost 8 full hours obsessing over my trip planning. Ahhhhh. I feel like myself again.

Things I'm considering adding to the Itinerary:
MK FAMILY MAGIC TOUR
EPCOT ILLUMINATIONS SPARKLING DESSERT PARTY
WILDERNESS LODGE TOUR
DISNEY SPRINGS HOT AIR BALLOON
BOARDWALK BALLYHOO TOUR

FASTPASS GOALS:

MK DAY 1 - SEVEN DWARVES MINE TRAIN/PETER PAN'S FLIGHT/BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD
MK DAY 2 - SPLASH MOUNTAIN/SPACE MOUNTAIN/BUZZ LIGHTYEAR'S SPACE RANGER SPIN
EPCOT - TEST TRACK/SPACESHIP EARTH/JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION WITH FIGMENT
AK - EXPEDITION EVEREST/KILAMANJARO SAFARIS/FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING
HS - TOY STORY MOVIE MANIA/STAR TOURS/VOYAGE OF THE LITTLEM MERMAID

Real Life Update:

Maddie - scored the lead in her class play, getting ready for show choir auditions
Me - 7 Elvis shows on the horizon, kicking the weight loss plan into high gear (Atkins, here I come.)
Tim - still grumbling about not going on vacation, still loathes Disney
Shotzie the German Shorthair Pointer - still a P.I.T.A.

DISNEY TEASERS:

Planning to recreate a Disney Recipe each week. Today: Cream Cheese Danishes (pre-Atkins diet.)
Force Maddie to sit down and watch a Disney flick with me.
Go through vacation supply tub.

ON A SIDE NOTE - MY SUGAR DADDY RICK SPRINGFIELD IS ON QVC RIGHT NOW. GOTTA GO.

You crack me up, lady. :rotfl:

Yesterday, I got to spend almost 8 full hours obsessing over my trip planning. Ahhhhh. I feel like myself again.
That sounds dreamy. :cloud9:

Things I'm considering adding to the Itinerary:
MK FAMILY MAGIC TOUR
EPCOT ILLUMINATIONS SPARKLING DESSERT PARTY
WILDERNESS LODGE TOUR
DISNEY SPRINGS HOT AIR BALLOON
BOARDWALK BALLYHOO TOUR
I need you to do ALL these things so that I can read about them in your Trip Report!

FASTPASS GOALS:
MK DAY 1 - SEVEN DWARVES MINE TRAIN/PETER PAN'S FLIGHT/BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD
MK DAY 2 - SPLASH MOUNTAIN/SPACE MOUNTAIN/BUZZ LIGHTYEAR'S SPACE RANGER SPIN
EPCOT - TEST TRACK/SPACESHIP EARTH/JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION WITH FIGMENT
AK - EXPEDITION EVEREST/KILAMANJARO SAFARIS/FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING
HS - TOY STORY MOVIE MANIA/STAR TOURS/VOYAGE OF THE LITTLEM MERMAID
GREAT plans! I hope it all works out for you!

Me - 7 Elvis shows on the horizon, kicking the weight loss plan into high gear (Atkins, here I come.)
I love Atkins! Well, as much as one can LOVE dieting, that is. I love it only because it works. And because bacon.

Planning to recreate a Disney Recipe each week. Today: Cream Cheese Danishes (pre-Atkins diet.)
ALL THOSE DELICIOUS CARBS. :lovestruc

DAY 4 - Boardwalk/Disney Springs - I AM WAY TOO EXCITED ABOUT THE FOOD TRUCKS. Do normal people act like this?

I loooove the food trucks! I'm almost certain normal people get excited for them...surely they must!

Question of the Day - Does anyone know if the Fantasmic! Dinner Package is 1 TS or 2 TS credits? I couldn't find any information on that.

59 DAYS
What the heck am I going to do for FIFTY-NINE DAYS?!?!?!

Yesterday I fed my Disney Obsession with a healthy dose of Disney-esque movie viewing. We watched "Walt Before Mickey" on Netflix, then Maddie and I hit the theatre for "Zootopia." If you haven't seen either of these - WATCH THEM BOTH.

Today (and the rest of this week) I shall wait in giddy anticipation of seeing the PAID IN FULL on my reservation this coming Friday.

Online Check in - COMPLETED
I have a standard room, but went ahead and requested the 60s section at Pop. I want to be close to the AoA bridge. I also requested an upper floor, because, you know, Florida-snake-in-ground-level-floor-hotel-room-nightmare-stories.

Fastpasses - RESERVED
Maddie picked these out, so my notes got tossed to the side.
MK - PPF/POTC/7DMT
EP - SE/FIG/TT
AK - FOLK/KS/EE
HS - TSM/VLM/ST
MK - HM/BUZZ/SPACE

Additional Goodies - From Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour - will book this week
Illuminations Dessert Party - still pending

Sooooooo................. It's time to obsess over Quick Service Dining!

I shall be loading up a Starbucks Gift Card to use for Breakfast at the parks and the Airports.
MK - Main Street Bakery
EP - Fountain View
AK - Creature Comforts
HS - Trolley Car Café

My snack plan is to try all the different soft pretzels available, since those are my second favorite food.

The Pretzel Plan:
Absolutely necessary: Mickey Shaped Pretzel w/ Cheese
AK - Harambe Fruit Market - Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel
HS - Anaheim Produce - Cinnamon Pretzel
EP - Block & Hans - Cream Cheese Pretzel
and
Sommerfest - Authentic hand-twisted Pretzel
MK - Lunching Pad - Ham & Cheese Stuffed Pretzel
DS - Wetzel's Pretzels

I think I'm going to wing it for our QS restaurants. Who knows what we'll want at that time?

Time passes so fast. You'll be there before you know it.
Good thing Maddie's FP picks are fairly close to what you had in mind.
And great idea making a snack list. I should probably get to that too.

:love2::love: MY HUSBAND LOVES ME AND PAID OFF OUR TRIP THIS MORNING.:love:
(It may have been his way to get me to stop talking about it.)
Doesn't matter - Paid in Full! Now I can focus on all the extras. Another tour, gratuities, tips, mad money....

:love2::love2::love2::love2::love2:

I'm still trying to talk him into finding cheap tickets and flying down for just the weekend.

So, in the meantime, there have been more changes. Maddie and I went to an new (to us, at least) Japanese restaurant for lunch yesterday. Ended up ditching Rose and Crown today for Tokyo Dining instead. Really wanted a restaurant we could see the fireworks from, and our R&C ressie was too early to stick around for Illuminations. I know the view won't be perfect, but at least I won't be standing in a mob.

Hello, Disney World? Yeah, I got paid today, so I need you to take my money.

Added the From Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour to our plans!
I'm really excited to take this tour. It will be a great kick-off to our vacation.
The planning is finally paying off, and everything is falling into place.

Have lost my weekend and all motivation to do anything thanks to "ACS: The People VS. O.J. Simpson." I was in college when the actual trial was going on, and remember people skipping class to watch the insanity. 23 years later, I'm now avoiding responsibility in to enjoy the soap opera.

On a Disney note, binge watched "Inside Out" and "Big Hero 6" one evening last week. "Inside Out," while an amazing look at the human psyche, stressed me out. And then I ugly cried at the end of it. "Big Hero 6" was fabulous. And I now have plans to hunt down BayMax and stuff him into my backpack and bring him home.

It's almost time!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back from my trip (and will likely start my TR sometime next week).
Just wanted to say that since you are planning to do a tour, I'd suggest freezing two water bottles the night before. I did a tour myself and it was so hot, I was kicking myself for not thinking of this. Not fun being dehydrated.
Maybe you would have already known to do this, but if not I thought I would share this little tidbit from my personal experience.

It's almost time!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back from my trip (and will likely start my TR sometime next week).
Just wanted to say that since you are planning to do a tour, I'd suggest freezing two water bottles the night before. I did a tour myself and it was so hot, I was kicking myself for not thinking of this. Not fun being dehydrated.
Maybe you would have already known to do this, but if not I thought I would share this little tidbit from my personal experience.

thanks! That's a great idea. I didn't even think of that. I bought a Brita water bottle, but your idea is better.

SINGLE DIGIT HAPPY DANCE.
(WHOOP-WHOOP)
It' s the Final Countdown! 9 Days to go. Have been reviewing our plans, and tweaked a couple things because, well, I know what's going to happen...
Changed our Figment FP to Mission: Space. I don't think we'll need a FP for Figment. Will head straight there after Rope Drop. Changed our 8 pm Tokyo Dining ADR to 4:30 pm. We are early risers, and I don't anticipate us making it to fireworks, let alone an 8 pm dinner. My poor child. Stuck with her old tired momma...

I've been meaning to post for quite some time, but as is life, all kinds of real life crap has interfered with my Disney-obsessing-time. On the flip-side, the days are just flying byyyyyyyyy.

Crisis #1 - OK -I had this typed up, and once again, clicked on some key that wiped out whatever I just entered in. I love the Disboards, but I really hate typing long responses on here bc it seems like I always lose stuff and then get frustrated.
Crisis #2 - Two of my co-workers gave notices. Neither will be replaced. We have lost 4 people in the past year, and none have been replaced. I'm going to have to double up my blood pressure meds and get an rx for Xanax to get through the next 6 work days. SKEERED.
Crisis #3 - I got a new vehicle back in November, but we kept my old car for Maddie to use when she gets her license next year. We've charged the battery a couple times, and it always started. Last week - no go. Had to get something fixed with the electrical system, and the rear brakes. Then the AC wouldn't work. Ugh. Just had to be recharged, thank God.
Crisis #4 - I HAD TO UNPACK MY SUITCASE AND WEAR MY DISNEY WARDROBE. OMG. The tank on our well malfunctioned last week, so we had to get it replaced. We could only use it to shower, and had to keep the water shut off the rest of the time, so guess who ran out of clean clothes, and had zero spare time to go to the laundry mat??? It was replaced Saturday, YAY.

And a SUCCESS STORY:
Found my ugly, super supportive, old-lady walking sandals! Bought a pair of Earth Origins at the ol' Famous Footwear Outlet yesterday (BTW, FF currently has BOGO 50% off, so Maddie got some Van's) and they are super-duper comfy. Going to break them in over the next 9 days. Maddie - those really don't look "like you." So my child sees me in either two modes: The I'm-going-to-work-where-I-sit-upstairs-by-myself-and-nobody-sees-me, OR ELVIS BACKUP SINGER OMG GOOD I NEED MORE GLITTER AND BIGGER EYELASHES. I'm not really sure which persona she's referring to, but when I told her it was either the ugly sandals or her riding in the basket on the scooter I would need to rent due to years of way too much Andrea on top of the same two feet, she was all for the Ugly Sandals.

shoes_ia51246.jpg

upload_2016-5-31_16-55-11.png

Yay for single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think switching your Figment FP's was a good idea.
By the way, I don't know if you two are into characters, but the line for Joy and Sadness was the longest I ever waited for anything, so you might want to head to that first thing if that is something that interests you, and then you can go to Figment.

Also comfort and practicality trump everything else when it comes to footwear for Disney. Those look like good sandals. (for what it's worth I don't think they're ugly at all).

Hope you have a most magical time and that those are the last of the crises.

SIX days to go! Three more awful work days. I've pulled 12 hours + each day this week. Which I really shouldn't whine about considering most of my coworkers work that on a regular basis, but my dept is strictly no OT, so I'm used to my 40 hours. Back in at 6 am tomorrow.
Getting through the next few days by keeping as busy as possible. Have an Elvis show Saturday night, Sunday is laundry and packing and cleaning. The worst night will be Monday as I have nothing planned after work. (I may just sleep.)
No more changes to the Disney planning. I swear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter