Distressing fabric and leather?

mhelsley

DIS Veteran
Anyone have good ideas for doing this without ruining the costume. I just don't think that a pirate looks right if he/she(i get to be a pirate instead of a wench)is pristine. I am going to hang them on a clothes line soon in hopes that the strong TX sun will fade them. Boy the neighbor are gonna think we dress funny.

Melinda

To age white fabric, get a 5 gallon paint bucket and make some really strong tea. Soak the white clothes in the tea for about 30 minutes or so, then rinse. This is a trick theatres do all the time.

Aging leather can be a little bit more tricky. I would experiment with rubbing "acidic" liquids on it....lemon juice and vinegar come to mind. The good part is, the more awful they look...the better they will be for the costumes. Just play around with the leather part...have fun.

:wave:

Beca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter