Dissappointing DisPop Rewiew of Stranger Things (Spoilers in thread)

Looking to start a thread to discuss stranger things , the Netflix series.

I feel Craig an Ryno barely scratched the surface of this great show and they failed to discuss much of symbolism and meaning behind many of scenes especially the ending.

I'm not asking for Siskel and Ebert, but they kibitz for 45 minutes on soundtracks and the actors with barely even going into what this show means, such as choosing the number 11. I sure hope they provide more insight on other reviews

The purpose of the review was to get people interested in the show without offering up too many spoilers. I'd be happy to have a more in depth discussion about it, but had we gone on to discuss in greater detail what the show had to offer the episode would have been 3 hours long.

Looking to start a thread to discuss stranger things , the Netflix series.

I feel Craig an Ryno barely scratched the surface of this great show and they failed to discuss much of symbolism and meaning behind many of scenes especially the ending.

I'm not asking for Siskel and Ebert, but they kibitz for 45 minutes on soundtracks and the actors with barely even going into what this show means, such as choosing the number 11. I sure hope they provide more insight on other reviews
Well whenever your podcast on Stranger Things is finished and uploaded on iTunes, please let us know and we'll give it a listen, maybe. We never promised to discuss symbolism, meaning, insight or anything in any of the reviews we do. We just try to briefly discuss the things we love and say why. If you're looking for a thesis on the the deeper meanings behind television and movies, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Perhaps with zootopia, suicidie squad, finding dory or any other of these puff pieces ,discussing sound effects and acting is enough but this show is a masterpiece

It deserved a better tribute and I would have happily listened for three hours to give it the credit it deserves

Craig made clear this was full spoiler show and he asked for feedback from the show

Guys, im even calling into question if you got the plot right

As eleven unlocks the gate when she reaches out to the touch the monster causing the connection between the two dimensions

Also it can be argued that both the monster and eleven are one.

What's the connection with the eggo waffles ?

May I suggest an excellent podcast that had a program about this series. It's NPR Pop Culture Happy hour. They go more in depth (without going into Spoilers) and loved the series. Also I am sure there are podcasts out there exploring this series in the way in which you would like.

The purpose of the review was to get people interested in the show without offering up too many spoilers. I'd be happy to have a more in depth discussion about it, but had we gone on to discuss in greater detail what the show had to offer the episode would have been 3 hours long.
I listened and loved it!!....having just watched the show, I think you did a great job of not giving away the plot

Tsk tsk , amazing what people are willing to call you and threaten you with when you share your opinion on a public board

I have complemented the show on many occasions, including last weeks and even noted I looked forward to Craig hosting

I'm sorry if not all my posts are warm and fuzzy about unicorns and rainbows .

Nevertheless, perhaps if one doesn't like a post they shouldn't reply

I'm here to discuss stranger things :)

Tsk tsk , amazing what people are willing to call you and threaten you with when you share your opinion on a public board

I have complemented the show on many occasions, including last weeks and even noted I looked forward to Craig hosting

Perhaps with zootopia, suicidie squad, finding dory or any other of these puff pieces ,discussing sound effects and acting is enough but this show is a masterpiece

It deserved a better tribute and I would have happily listened for three hours to give it the credit it deserves

Craig made clear this was full spoiler show and he asked for feedback from the show

Guys, im even calling into question if you got the plot right

As eleven unlocks the gate when she reaches out to the touch the monster causing the connection between the two dimensions

Also it can be argued that both the monster and eleven are one.

What's the connection with the eggo waffles ?
I am currently rematching it. When I'm done, let's do a more in depth look at it. We can start a Stranger Things thread and get people more involved in it. In fact, I think that's a great idea to do for any reviews we do from now. We should bring the boards in more. That way people who want to continue getting more in depth with topics can.

You know exactly what you're doing.

This is the dude who wants Steve to not wear his school merch because it's where Jerry Sandusky worked at.

And also complained that Ryno said the clinical word for a woman's parts. (Which he actually acknowledged on a show. Must have made your day!)

I am currently rematching it. When I'm done, let's do a more in depth look at it. We can start a Stranger Things thread and get people more involved in it. In fact, I think that's a great idea to do for any reviews we do from now. We should bring the boards in more. That way people who want to continue getting more in depth with topics can.

Sounds good Ryno,

Have nothing but love for DisPop and have watched every episode

It's kind of hard to take things seriously when every thread you start is something negative about the shows. If you posted positive things as well I think it would be okay. Many people here think you don't see anything positive about what the dis does.

Craig, Ryno, you made the mistake of feeding the troll :(

So anyways, Fallout 4 has taken over my life. I've actually traded longer sleep to play more.

Also, I celebrate the 3rd anniversary of turning 29 today. Feels good to be 29.
Very happy, and healthy birthday, @Hunterr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter