DisneyWorld with a Profoundly Developmentally Disabled Adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

Our trip will be from the 12th to the 19th.

Billy is doing better. He is much more like himself but I am pretty certain this will be his only trip to Disney. He is alot more tired than before the last trip to the hospital.

I have decided that we will get hospice involved and stop poking and prodding this little boy. This was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. I believe it is the right one though. The doctors think that his condition will only deteriorate. There are no more treatments that can be done that would do any lasting good and the little time they would give would be in the hospital. I refuse to put him through anymore.

We will go to Disney and I will see to it that he will have a good time. We may spend half the time in the Aid station but he will meet pooh bear and have breakfast every day at the crystal palace with pooh bear. I have made the reservations for this. We will be at the christmas party on the 16th. If he enjoys this I may get tickets for the 18th as well. I just want to see his smile when he sees pooh bear. The boxes of supplies will go out tomorrow.

Thank you all for your kind help and advice.

Troy

We will be there from the 7th to the 18th, I hope to see you and Billy there! My daughter is special needs, she has multiple physical defects and is having heart surgery May 12th. I get stares when I tubefeed her and comments made that she has a pacifier (it is comforting to her because she has had a lot of procedures done, to have one) and is still in diapers, albiet she is four, but people still feel the need to say something. I give them a good dressing down so to speak, what some people zone in on to make themselves feel superior just gets ridiculous. Hospice is WONDERFUL! My daughter is a twin, but her sister died shortly after birth, and Hospice was involved with counseling--anticipatory grief. I pray that both of you have the time of your lives and for you to have extra strength and peace during the times ahead. God bless you, He has already blessed Billy.:hug:

Oops...I only read the first several pages and did not check the date. I hope it went wonderfully.:lmao:

Oops...I only read the first several pages and did not check the date. I hope it went wonderfully.:lmao:
That happens sometimes.
Actually, I am going to lock this one so it doesn't get found again and thought to be new.
I guess after 2 years, the chance of knowing anything more is not too likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter