Disneyworld Scavenger hunts and “collecting” activities

You can also search for hidden Pascals in Fantasyland.

You can get bird search laminated sheets in the aviaries in the 2 walks in Animal Kingdom.

You can find or make a checklist of character sightings.

The scavenger hunts are my daughter’s favorite activity (8) and the reason we stay near Epcot (her favorite park!). I love Wilderness explorers. It is so fun!

As adults we have collected kidcot cards, did the food and wine scavenger hunt, and got all of the wilderness explorer badges. I enjoyed the wilderness explorer the most. The cast members really knew a lot about the animals. A few CMs even mentioned how happy they were that we took some time to learn about the animals. Many kids only stay as long as they have to so they can get the badge and move on, We did not color the cards. We also have a collection of pressed pennies from back when you supplied your own penny. My dad loaded us up with real copper pennies. You have some interesting items on your list that I was not aware of.

Last edited:

My sister and I are in our 30s, and we were at World Showcase a couple weeks ago. They DO NOT have passports and are not expecting any in until "maybe" April (the CM at the World Traveler shop was extremely rude). I did have mine from back in 2001, so we used that but were disappointed not to get a new one. If you have time to order one from eBay or something, I would say it is definitely fun. All of the CMs loved that we had it and were very nice (with the exception of US pavillion). They did not make us feel out of place for approaching the Kidcot stations at all.

As adults we have collected kidcot cards, did the food and wine scavenger hunt, and got all of the wilderness explorer badges. I enjoyed the wilderness explorer the most. The cast members really knew a lot about the animals. A few CMs even mentioned how happy they were that we took some time to learn about the animals. Many kids only stay as long as they have to so they can get the badge and move on, We did not color the cards. We also have a collection of pressed pennies from back when you supplied your own penny. My dad loaded us up with real copper pennies. You have some interesting items on your list that I was not aware of.
Thank you for this! I think swings me towards the all-in on the Kidcot and wilderness explorers :)

My sister and I are in our 30s, and we were at World Showcase a couple weeks ago. They DO NOT have passports and are not expecting any in until "maybe" April (the CM at the World Traveler shop was extremely rude). I did have mine from back in 2001, so we used that but were disappointed not to get a new one. If you have time to order one from eBay or something, I would say it is definitely fun. All of the CMs loved that we had it and were very nice (with the exception of US pavillion). They did not make us feel out of place for approaching the Kidcot stations at all.
I am so bummed! The Epcot Passport is my number 1 activity of the scavenger hunts. :/ I looked at Ebay but the ones available are super expensive so I guess I'll try asking when there and hope I get lucky! I might still try to collect the stamps even without the passport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter