DisneyWorld Resorts - which is best family resort for dining and recreation

MissiH

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip and previously stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort. They recently remodeled and not sure if we would like to go. Looking to plan a trip for next year.

Answer depends mostly on your budget and what your preferences are. Each resort appeals to different people. What one person likes may/may not be someone else's. Lots of older threads discussing the various resorts.

This is a very broad question. How many are in your family? Are you looking for a resort that you can walk to parks from or are you ok with buses/skyliner? Are you park open to close people or will you be spending a lot of time at the resort? Do you eat mostly quick service or do you prefer sit down restaurants?

3 in family my daughter will be 11 when we take our trip. We liked the quick serve at the hotel for dinner after coming back from the park. We plan on having tix for 6 days with hopper pass. We are interested in the skyliner and took the we were fine with the bus. Last trip we took 5 yrs ago we liked doing the sit down as a late lunch and do quick serve for dinner and "snacks" for bfast. We spend about most time at park and go back to resort by 6 pm and hang out at the pool to relax. We have stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and really liked it. We were not sure if the renovations made it better or not as good.
Budget is moderate room. We did not want to stay at the value resort.

If you want to be able to use the skyliner, CBR is the only moderate with a skyliner station. Your other choices would be Pop and AoA, which are both values, and Riviera, which is a deluxe villa resort.

Personally, I think the renovations have improved CBR, but the things you enjoyed on your previous stay are still there - a sit down restaurant, quick serve marketplace, lots of recreational options, and now you get the skyliner too.

Art of Animation is technically a "value" but it doesn't feel like it! I know you don't need a suite, but our family loved the location and atmosphere at AoA. Also, the food court was excellent. I wasn't planning on eating at Landscape of Flavors so often, but the variety and quality of the food made it easy to choose that over some of the parks' quick service options. Also, you'll have access to the Gondolas and can use all THREE of the pools (but the Big Blue Pool really is the best).

There are (I just researched this for another thread :)) 864 regular, non-suite rooms at AoA.
Yes but they are the farthest from the main building and OP specifically mentioned utilizing the food court often. If she’s fine with walking, the Little Mermaid rooms would be fine. But the upgrade to a suite is worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter