Disneyworld newbie- please help!!

brookies_mommy

<font color=deeppink>I'm good on the basics<br><fo
Heading to disneyworld in april.

Never been before and have no clue. Would like an Airbnb or condo or something with a full kitchen. Any suggestions?

How does fastpass work at disney world?

Magic morning?

How many days do you typically need?

As a less experienced semi-newbie myself, I'd advise reading a guide book like The Unofficial Guide! I managed to borrow a copy from my local library. There are also many helpful sites, and I linked a couple of their articles below.

Air BNB: Can't help with this, sorry!

--------

Fast Pass + :

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en-eu/faq/fast-pass-plus/product-description/
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/fastpass-plus-disney-world-guide/
--------

Early Morning Magic

https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-wo...ecial-events/early-morning-magic-fantasyland/
https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-wo...al-events/early-morning-magic-toy-story-land/
--------

Days needed

Depends on your family and your touring style, so you'd need to decide. Personally, if it was my first trip ever to WDW, I'd want to spend 2 days at each park, so that would be an 8 Days ticket.

Hi I can not give advice for offsite rentals.
Have you considered renting DIsney Vacation Club through David’s Rentals?
This is an online business and sponsors most online discussion boards. So very trustworthy and very informative sight to answer newbie questions.
Unless you are very familiar with Orlando area traffic you want to be onsite or at a Disney Springs Hotel area . The traffic is very congested and crazy drivers !
Fair Warning...
Someplace like Embassy Suites that has an actual bedroom with a separate living area with fold out couch and complimentary cooked to order breakfast daily . I think shuttle provided but you might have to sign up for seating.

You will need to be at a Disney registered resort for the Magic Express provided round trip airport MCO. Also need confirmed room for 6 month advanced dining reservations and 60 day FAstPass window .
Next you will need to check the Disney Calendar to determine the hours for daily planning at The MK,Epcot,etc.
I like to check for the extra magic hours to determine daily planning and then decide on meal reservations.

Please give us more info to guide your planning needs.

Heading to disneyworld in april.

Never been before and have no clue. Would like an Airbnb or condo or something with a full kitchen. Any suggestions?

How does fastpass work at disney world?

Magic morning?

How many days do you typically need?

We are dedicated offsite people, we love it. First, I would very much disagree with the previous post. Traffic really isn't a big deal at all. Sure, there are cars at traffic lights, but it's not a madhouse rush hour like you'd see in NYC or Atlanta or LA. It's nothing to be concerned with, IMO. There are a lot of tourists of course, so be aware of people who don't know where they're going, but I don't think drivers there are crazy by any means. In fact, it's the opposite, IMO.

As for where to stay offsite, there are endless choices. VRBO is a great place to start looking. You can get a 3-4 bedroom townhouse or condo for $100/night all in. The area I'd suggest looking at is Rt. 192. There are dozens and dozens, if not hundreds, of communities along this road. It's a short drive to WDW and is full of restaurants, gift shops, etc... Most of the communities are gated, with a clubhouse, pool, amenities, etc... We like to rent from private owners rather than management companies, it gives a more personal touch.

As for how FP+ works, since you'll be offsite you'll have a 30 day window. But not to worry, you'll still be able to get FP+. There is a FAQ sticky in the Theme Park section of this board that goes rather in depth about how FP+ works and how to best use it. Read it, learn it. It'll be one of the keys to getting on lots of attractions.

I think you may be asking about Extra Magic Hours? Those are for onsite guests, but honestly you aren't missing anything...except some sleep. We've done one or two, and they were nothing special. Again, learn how to use the FP+ system.

How may days do you need? Well, that depends on your goal. If you've never been and are taking a typical one week trip, you will barely scratch the surface of what WDW has to offer. There is just so much. We're park veterans and from 2015-2018 spent 100 total days in the parks (plus all the time on previous trips) and there are still new things we're checking out....though some things we just never wanted to until recently. My suggestion is to spend time in each park and don't worry about trying to see it all, because you won't. Just enjoy what you do see and take the time to "smell the roses".

Hi there, I have been going to Disney World for the past 17 years. I have never used an Airbnb, but have stayed at Floridays which had a full kitchen. As far as fastpasses they are digital tickets that allow you to take a shorter line that usually takes about half the wait time. It is best to book them far in advance. You can create fastpasses via kiosks located around the park or on your smartphone using my Disney experience app and have them connected to your magic bands on your Disney and my Disney experience account. You have an hour time frame to use your fast pass and you can even show up about ten to fifteen minutes early. You can only book three at first and then book more fast passes once you have used them. As far as early magic morning I'm not quite sure what that is but sometimes certain parks have extra magic hours where they stay open later or open earlier. The number of days depends on how much you want to see and do and when the next time you will be back and if it is a first trip and what you can afford and if you qualify for any discounts. I would say 3-7 days should be good. I definitely recommend park hopper tickets. These allow you to visit more than one more in one day.

In addition to all the wonderful advice you will get here. there are websites that are wonderful at breaking down a Disney trip, and giving tips, especially for newbie
Just google Disney world first visit and you will get some choices.

We are dedicated offsite people, we love it. First, I would very much disagree with the previous post. Traffic really isn't a big deal at all. Sure, there are cars at traffic lights, but it's not a madhouse rush hour like you'd see in NYC or Atlanta or LA. It's nothing to be concerned with, IMO. There are a lot of tourists of course, so be aware of people who don't know where they're going, but I don't think drivers there are crazy by any means. In fact, it's the opposite, IMO.

As for where to stay offsite, there are endless choices. VRBO is a great place to start looking. You can get a 3-4 bedroom townhouse or condo for $100/night all in. The area I'd suggest looking at is Rt. 192. There are dozens and dozens, if not hundreds, of communities along this road. It's a short drive to WDW and is full of restaurants, gift shops, etc... Most of the communities are gated, with a clubhouse, pool, amenities, etc... We like to rent from private owners rather than management companies, it gives a more personal touch.

As for how FP+ works, since you'll be offsite you'll have a 30 day window. But not to worry, you'll still be able to get FP+. There is a FAQ sticky in the Theme Park section of this board that goes rather in depth about how FP+ works and how to best use it. Read it, learn it. It'll be one of the keys to getting on lots of attractions.

I think you may be asking about Extra Magic Hours? Those are for onsite guests, but honestly you aren't missing anything...except some sleep. We've done one or two, and they were nothing special. Again, learn how to use the FP+ system.

How may days do you need? Well, that depends on your goal. If you've never been and are taking a typical one week trip, you will barely scratch the surface of what WDW has to offer. There is just so much. We're park veterans and from 2015-2018 spent 100 total days in the parks (plus all the time on previous trips) and there are still new things we're checking out....though some things we just never wanted to until recently. My suggestion is to spend time in each park and don't worry about trying to see it all, because you won't. Just enjoy what you do see and take the time to "smell the roses".

Replying because I am also a WDW newbie (technically- I did go once when I was 14 and still think about that trip!). Your answers are so helpful! We go to Disneyland frequently because we live so close, but this will be a big trip for us. I think we will do 6 days. I actually doubt we will do MK more than once (gasp!) because it has so much of what Disneyland already has. But I really don't know and I think we will have to decide when we get there which parks we will go to more than once. Epcot and AK are the most different, so I can't wait for those!!

I wasn't sure about EMH, and we do not like to get up early, so maybe I won't worry about that. The FP system is what scares me- I am used to getting FP the day of and just continuously booking new ones every hour-hour and a half. I'm worried we will end up not getting what we want, and then having to wait to use all 3 to book more (which is crazy to me!). We are staying offsite because we have 6 people and honestly we just can't afford a suite or 2 rooms at disney (well we can, but it means scrimping on other things). We are in the beginning stages of planning for 2021!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter