Disneyworld "Drama". Have you ever had any?

JDarling

Resident Disney Freak
I'm starting to think this is almost comical! This is why we RARELY go with anyone else to Disneyworld.

This year, we've planned to go to DisneyWorld with 2 good friends of ours. They too are a couple. Though not married (or co-habitating) they had been pretty rock solid for years.

Well, not so far this year! They broke up... and then got back together... and now they are breaking up AGAIN! Well, they already paid for thier air fare, though the gal is considering ducking out of the trip all together. It would be too awkward for her, I'm sure. Since it's our anniversary (and a very special one after a really ROUGH last year) :love: we'll be very affectionate. :love: :love2: :lovestruc So they could feel like the 3rd wheel.

It's the drama surrounding Disneyworld! We hope the best for both of them, but already decided who we'd rather hang out with down there if/when they do break up, and he plans on coming no matter what. It'll just change our accomadations. If there are 3 of us, we'll either rent DVC points or get a cabin. If there are 4, we'll get 2 rooms at the Pop Century.

So much for that couples trip! LOL I may just be a couple of friends. Now, you tell me - what kind of girl dumps a guy (because she wants to see other people) who's offering to take her to Disneyworld? (He really is a great guy - she's just being a game player.) I mean - Duh! :earseek: Wait until AFTER :rolleyes: the trip.Anyone else have group drama that surrounds thier trip?

yes, I am no stranger to this! it is to bad...I would most defitnatley get 2 rooms no matter what. for this is YOUR trip to and a happy one at that. you do not need to be brought down with there issues! personally if I were THEM, I would not go....so make your own plans, if they come or one of them....let them have there own place so you can be alone! then plan accord. to whomever comes with you!

Yup. Basically we see it as our romantic trip. I think the guy will end up coming no matter what ('cause he's a fellow disney nut) and if we can find him a room mate (wether it be his girlfriend or just another friend of ours) then it's 2 rooms. If we can't find him a roomie, there is no way he'd be able to afford to go, footing the bill for the room himself, so that's where a cabin would benfit everyone (we get the bedroom - he gets the murphy bed).

I would imagine anyone who's gone with family/friends has found some Drama before going to thier destination. It's nice to know I'm not alone! LOL We took a group of friends in 2003 and the "drama" there was raising enough money for 1 of them to go. He is dying of Hep C and wanted to go before he was too sick to enjoy it, but he could never afford it.

(You'll be pleased to know that he came with us - and is still alive awaiting a liver transplant, but he looks back on that week long trip as the best time he ever had. Best grand I ever spent. I took a second job and worked for a year to save up and surprise him with it. I'd do it all over again if I had the chance. :) )

We (DH and I) took my mom a few years ago and it was not fun. Both my DH and my mom are control freaks and I was constantly torn between the 2 of them. My DH is not the kind of person who hides his feelings so it was very uncomfortable when he'd get annoyed that she was either talking too much, making decisions he didn't like, or shopping :rolleyes:
He ended up exploding at dinner one night (Bongos) and leaving. My mom told me to go after him. He eventually calmed down and they made up but I don't think my mom will ever vacation with us (him!) again.

We are taking my dad this year and I have made a survey for him and my DH to make sure I know what everyone expects from the trip. One of the questions is "Do you want to shop?" ;) Fortunately my dad isn't as much of a talker as my mom :hyper2:

This is a really sucky situation to say the least. I was the cause of the drama myself a couple of years ago.
I was travelled with my ex to WDW a month after we broke up. I had another friend that was travelling seperately on her own trip. during the trip, my eyes were really being opened to what a seven letter word he is. So, that was a plus in the end. A major plus. But, the picture were hysterical, I'd be in a picture with him and you could tell I wanted to kill him. I'd be in a picture with my female friend and you'd think I was having the greatest time ever.

LeftCoaster said:
This is a really sucky situation to say the least. I was the cause of the drama myself a couple of years ago.
I was travelled with my ex to WDW a month after we broke up. I had another friend that was travelling seperately on her own trip. during the trip, my eyes were really being opened to what a seven letter word he is. So, that was a plus in the end. A major plus. But, the picture were hysterical, I'd be in a picture with him and you could tell I wanted to kill him. I'd be in a picture with my female friend and you'd think I was having the greatest time ever.
LOL I can imagine that's what the pictures for this trip will be like if they break up and still go. I sort of wish they would just break up and get it over with! LOL One way or the other! But then, that's why they like me. When it comes to reletionships, I've never been wishy washy. Either we're together or we're not, ya know? I have friends of the opposite sex, but there is a definate line between them and the guy I was seeing.

Drama like this makes me so glad I'm married!

Some people live for the drama, I'm sorry to tell you. They always seem to be surrounded by it, while others live their lives happily by cutting off drama before it starts.

I unwisely dated a fellow who LIVED drama. It took me a couple of months to see how he orchestrated situations and twisted facts to fill them with drama. How? Glad you asked! He told me he felt like I might be ashamed of him because I had never introduced him to my folks. When you consider my folks live in north central Iowa and I live in San Diego, you can see why I would question his point, especially since I didn't visit my folks during those few months we dated. He claimed his hurt feelings over this matter caused him to have resentment for me. :rolleyes1 okayyyyyy!

Now, back to the real world!

:flower:

Two separate trips there was drama actually. This past year it was supposed to be DH and I and BIL and his GF. GF backs out on the trip about a month ahead of time. BIL moped for a good deal of the trip, but right after we got back GF broke up with him. So I'm pretty sure that was why she cancelled.

The other was the trip I took with my sister and my best friend. Both very stubborn, controlling personalities. By the end of the week they were at each other's throats. Any time one did something the other would get mad. Makes for such a fun vacation. :rolleyes: I'll travel with both again, but never both together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter