DisneySea/TokyoDisneyland during Spring Break 2014

nsmn4945

Earning My Ears
Going to Tokyo/Kyoto during the last week of March 2014 with my girlfriend. We're avid Disney fans and have a annual pass to Disneyland here in CA. We only have 5 nights in Tokyo so don't want to spend the entire day at the park, so I was thinking of going to the parks 2 nights using the After 6pm Pass. They will be closing at 10PM that week, but I understand that it is also spring break in Japan, so the parks will be packed!!

We're more interested in just walking around the parks, eating, shopping, and maybe riding a ride or two....so won't be devastated if we can't go on all the rides. Has anyone done something similar? Is it doable to just enjoy the park and take in most of the sights from 6pm-10pm during Japan's springbreak? Any advice/recommendations is appreciated! Thanks!

First, I will warn that it does take awhile to get to the parks from Tokyo, especially near rush hour 4-5 when you would be going. I will also say that FP will be gone when you arrive and when I went, we got in line for one ride at closing and it was still an almost 90 minute wait. If you do still decide to do 2 half days, I suggest TDS first. It is amazing and the most unique disney park in the world. As big disney fans you may want to spend your next night there as well!

As for spring break...the crowds will likely be insane. I went on a weekday in Oct and all FP were gone by 2 and lines were 2 hours long regularly. Even took us more than 30 min just to enter the park turnstiles when it opened from people lined up. TSM was sold out of FP and had a 4 hour wait by then! They had people with signs at the entrance notifying us. It is still worth it to walk around, definitely, just have very low expectations of how much you can get done in 4 hours because even popcorn lines are long.

Oh and buy tickets early because they can sell out!

Thanks for the info.

I definitely have low expectations for this trip and am not expecting much. I have been to Tokyo DisneySea before and LOVED it. If anything, I'd like to just walk around and shop and take in the sights. If I'm willing, maybe I'll hop in line near park closing for a ride.

If going on a weekday, what time do you recommend that I start heading out towards the parks? I'm thinking of either taking subway or the buses that serves the parks from Keio Plaza in Shinjuku.

I've gone during busy time after a national holiday and went with the Starlight pass as well and I can tell you from experience unless you are prepared to wait a while in line for a ride, your idea of eating/shopping is a better use of your time. I still fully enjoyed the park as it gave me a chance to look around and take pictures of attractions/details/architecture at night as I have been there before just like you.

Just be prepared for the crazy packed shops at the front of the park when you end your night :crowded:. At least the shops close an hour after the rides shut down so maybe you want to breeze through the shops quickly and find what interests the two of you before you head out so you can immediately go back to it and pick it up at the end of the night.

You should be able to get on the less popular rides within the 4 hours.

As for when you should go, maybe you can get there an hour early like at 5 pm and check out Bon Voyage or check out the Miracosta hotel until it's closer to 6 pm and head out to the parks.

I think I am going that week also! My DH has to go to Tokyo for business that week, so I think I am going to tag along. So if you see a Tinkerbell sized lady by herself, stop me to say hi!

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter