Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi! I will be staying at the YC for the first time in May. I tried to call right at 60 days for a cabana rental but none were available. Has anyone had luck with continuing to call and securing a cabana after someone else cancels?

:wave:

While I was on the plane to Key West, I went through the thread up to page 2136 and made note of additions/changes to the Be Our Guest list. I also updated the list, but since I was in the air and not connected to the internet, it didn't save. I haven't had a chance to get back to it until now.

I have updated the list, but still have a couple more pages to read through. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Had a really nice trip with my sons Ben and Nate, and Nate's girlfriend Chloe. Busy, but a relaxing getaway. Paid homage to Jimmy Buffett at the OG Margaritaville, celebrated sunset a couple of times at Mallory Square, chartered a boat for fishing & snorkeling, kayaked in the mangroves, visited the Mel Fisher Shipwreck Museum, Little White House, Hemingway's House, the Butterfly Place, Fort Jefferson State Park. I had not been to Key West since July 1991 where Mark & I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.

Attachments

• sunset on board.jpg
    sunset on board.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 39
  • kayak.jpg
    kayak.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 39
  • sunset at mallory friday.jpg
    sunset at mallory friday.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Just back from another amazing stay at the Yacht club. We absolutely love it there. The location to HS/EP, the room/resort decor and comfort, and the relaxing/quiet vibe. We paid a little extra for water view and we had a perfect view straight on of the lake and boardwalk. We were only a few doors down on the 4th floor from the elevator. We thought it would be noisy with people going down the halls but we never heard a peep from the halls.

We stayed 5 nights there and 2 at sports to save a little money. I always forget how small and loud the values are. They do their job and if you don’t go back to the room I could see staying there. But if you want a little quiet and relax in the afternoons or evenings outside I can’t see staying at the values long term. The one thing I’ll give the values is the food court. The quick service options at yacht/beach/boardwalk kinda suck. Well I shouldn’t say that, just very limited.

We got back to sports about 1030 one night and there were teens/kids everywhere running around yelling and screaming. I don’t remember hearing kids scream at yacht club at all, even while around the pool area. Just a completely different vibe. Luckily our room was back in the corner and we didn’t really hear any outside noise there either.

It’s a hard pill to swallow cost wise for us. We don’t make a lot and have to save a lot for two years to be able to do it. Every time leading up we double think spending so much. Then while there and when we leave we remember why we do.

We are excited for our first stay at Yacht Club for 2 days after our cruise this weekend. The weather looks bad for our actual cruise but great for our time at Yacht Club so I’m just glad my little ones will still have some sand/“beach time” regardless! Having said that, on our day of disembarkation, should we plan on “rope dropping” the pool first thing so we get low crowds for the slides etc or is it crowded all day. It will be on a Monday and the next day we are planning to go to Epcot for most of the day. Just wondering if the timing matters regarding crowd size at Storm along Bay! My kids will love the slides! Thank you so much!

Thanks. We are renting points for the first time ever. I usually call housekeeping for extra coffee K-cups when we are staying in the resort, not the villa. Will housekeeping bring extra coffee if you are on a points reservation. What kind of filters do I need if I bring ground coffee from home?
There are always the coffee K-Cups (capt obvious here), but are there ever any Tea K-Cups? I'm not a coffee drinker but do love a cuppa..

There are always the coffee K-Cups (capt obvious here), but are there ever any Tea K-Cups? I'm not a coffee drinker but do love a cuppa..
There is usually one or two tea kcup included. I believe it is one or two twinnings English breakfast and maybe a decaf tea. You can definitely ask for more of the tea is you want.

Can anyone clarify. We have stayed at YC/BCV often. In the past we have ordered through the pool servers with the DDP and ordered mixed drinks with the QS plan. Is this the case or have offerings changed?
Also, last time we went there were very few pool servers at SAB. Is this still the case?

Can anyone clarify. We have stayed at YC/BCV often. In the past we have ordered through the pool servers with the DDP and ordered mixed drinks with the QS plan. Is this the case or have offerings changed?
Also, last time we went there were very few pool servers at SAB. Is this still the case?
There were pool servers at SAB in November 2023. I saw at least one if not two in the afternoons. I can’t answer the DDP question about the drinks although if it is the QS Hurricane Hanna’s would qualify.

Can anyone please confirm if they still have boxes of Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran for sale in Beach Club Market Place? Or at the Screen Door store on the Boardwalk? We're heading to Yacht Club in early May and usually pick up a couple of these. I'm travelling from the UK so can't really pack them, and don't want to do a grocery delivery just for cereal! It looks like the Frosted Flakes are missing from the latest DVC grocery order forms, so I was worried the stores won't have them either. Thanks to anyone who might be able to check and confirm for me.
:thanks:
Does anyone have an answer to this please? Or maybe someone could take a look for me if they're in the area? I have to keep the kids happy! Thanks so much :-)

Can anyone please confirm if they still have boxes of Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran for sale in Beach Club Market Place? Or at the Screen Door store on the Boardwalk? We're heading to Yacht Club in early May and usually pick up a couple of these. I'm travelling from the UK so can't really pack them, and don't want to do a grocery delivery just for cereal! It looks like the Frosted Flakes are missing from the latest DVC grocery order forms, so I was worried the stores won't have them either. Thanks to anyone who might be able to check and confirm for me.
:thanks:
I will be at WL 4/10-14. We often visit the boardwalk resorts during our trip. (Me and dd) . If no one else goes before then I will check. Even if I don’t make it to YC/BC I do shop in WL/cr/poly/gf every trip. Dd and I get nostalgic in the resort shops lol.

I know I always see cereals but things change and ya never know.

I will be at WL 4/10-14. We often visit the boardwalk resorts during our trip. (Me and dd) . If no one else goes before then I will check. Even if I don’t make it to YC/BC I do shop in WL/cr/poly/gf every trip. Dd and I get nostalgic in the resort shops lol.

I know I always see cereals but things change and ya never know.
That's so kind of you, thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed 🤞

We are excited for our first stay at Yacht Club for 2 days after our cruise this weekend. The weather looks bad for our actual cruise but great for our time at Yacht Club so I’m just glad my little ones will still have some sand/“beach time” regardless! Having said that, on our day of disembarkation, should we plan on “rope dropping” the pool first thing so we get low crowds for the slides etc or is it crowded all day. It will be on a Monday and the next day we are planning to go to Epcot for most of the day. Just wondering if the timing matters regarding crowd size at Storm along Bay! My kids will love the slides! Thank you so much!
There is usually at line to get into SAB when it opens, but it is a rather small group of people. It shouldn't be crowded before 10am. We've had good luck getting our desired location if we arrive by 10:30-11am. SAB can get very crowded during certain times of year, but as long as you arrive in the morning, you should be fine.

I've seen English Breakfast and Green tea K-cups in the resort rooms. You can always call from more tea, but it might only be two choices.
Pool servers are circulating to take your food and beverage orders. It doesn't matter what kind of a plan you have. If it is on the menu, you can get it, including alcoholic beverages.
Does anyone have an answer to this please? Or maybe someone could take a look for me if they're in the area? I have to keep the kids happy! Thanks so much :-)
We will be at the BC starting April 7th. I'll try to remember to look at the breakfast cereals in the marketplace and let you know. :)

How far in advance do you place an order for delivery for things like case of water, coffee creamer etc.... and what is the best option for this? Do you wait until you arrive

You can always call from more tea, but it might only be two choices.
This was the case at BC in 2021. Things change though and 2021 was during COVID-19 restrictions. So, perhaps a lot of things have changed.

My DW ordered K-Cups from Instacart or Amazon or Garden Grocery (?). I don't recall which one but they sent the K-Cups within 1 day.

How far in advance do you place an order for delivery for things like case of water, coffee creamer etc.... and what is the best option for this? Do you wait until you arrive
My DW has ordered from Instacart like 1 or 2 days before leaving. It was at Bell Services when we arrived at the hotel around noon.

We instacart our groceries from Publix, typically we start putting our cart together a day or two before, and we place the actual order as soon as we land at MCO. Generally, barring traffic, we get to the resort when our delivery does.

Last summer we used Tiffany Town Car's included grocery stop to do curbside pickup of our order on the way to YC and it worked out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter