Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are booked for BC July 4th week! Any survival tips for 4th of July? That is my DH's actual birthday and Epcot is his favorite park so I think he will love the convenience of BC. We have plenty of other park days so I was thinking on the 4th we would do Stormalong Bay (it can only get so busy, right? RIGHT??), have a leisurely lunch and nap, and then head into Epcot in the afternoon/evening to grab drinks/birthday dinner/fireworks. I'm expecting total madness at the park, but do you think I should be concerned about them reaching capacity? I saw the fireworks dining packages, does anyone think they are worth it? I have 3 little kids, they are not super adventurous so the price for them to not eat much is kinda steep. I am pretty experienced with getting last minute Epcot fireworks viewing but we have not seen the new Luminous show yet.

We are booked for BC July 4th week! Any survival tips for 4th of July? That is my DH's actual birthday and Epcot is his favorite park so I think he will love the convenience of BC. We have plenty of other park days so I was thinking on the 4th we would do Stormalong Bay (it can only get so busy, right? RIGHT??), have a leisurely lunch and nap, and then head into Epcot in the afternoon/evening to grab drinks/birthday dinner/fireworks. I'm expecting total madness at the park, but do you think I should be concerned about them reaching capacity? I saw the fireworks dining packages, does anyone think they are worth it? I have 3 little kids, they are not super adventurous so the price for them to not eat much is kinda steep. I am pretty experienced with getting last minute Epcot fireworks viewing but we have not seen the new Luminous show yet.
We stayed at the Beach Club during the 4th of July period a few years ago. They had lot of fun activities at both SAB and on the beach oh the 4th. MK was having special fireworks on both July 3rd and July 4th, so we went to MK on the 3rd. And then we were able to walk in and out of Epcot for their 4th of July fireworks. The Epcot fireworks on the 4th had a great ending and we were really glad we decided to go to Epcot on the 4th. :)

We are also booked for 2025! We will be in two rooms at BC Jan 20-25, 2025. Our first stay at BC as many years ago we stayed at YC. This is also our first split stay as we will be at CBR Jan 15-20. (also our first stay at CBR). It's a triple first :dance3:
I just wanted to make sure you knew that Stormalong Bay pool will be closed on your dates?

Actually, on page 1 of this thread, there are room maps for both Yacht & Beach Club resorts. It is the previous standard, garden & waterview room listings. But it was more accurate for those than TP.

I suppose it's possible that the room maps on page 1 of this thread are more accurate than what TP has. If you have a specific example for Beach Club, please let me know.

TP gets its info directly from Disney, in spreadsheet form, including bedding configurations, connecting rooms, balcony configuration, and ADA accommodations.

I did TP's updates for BC and BCV last month. Like I said, if I missed something, please let me know. Disney's great about accepting corrections, too. They're fantastic to work with.

Regarding those maps on page 1 - I've spot-checked ours and Disney's data against them. One thing I remember is having to track down BC room 5650 on that map, because neither our data nor Disney's had a room 5650.

Disney says the room was removed in 2014. I haven't walked the hall yet to verify that, but the maps on page 1 of this thread might need updating.

I suppose it's possible that the room maps on page 1 of this thread are more accurate than what TP has. If you have a specific example for Beach Club, please let me know.

TP gets its info directly from Disney, in spreadsheet form, including bedding configurations, connecting rooms, balcony configuration, and ADA accommodations.

I did TP's updates for BC and BCV last month. Like I said, if I missed something, please let me know. Disney's great about accepting corrections, too. They're fantastic to work with.

Regarding those maps on page 1 - I've spot-checked ours and Disney's data against them. One thing I remember is having to track down BC room 5650 on that map, because neither our data nor Disney's had a room 5650.

Disney says the room was removed in 2014. I haven't walked the hall yet to verify that, but the maps on page 1 of this thread might need updating.
Weren't 5648 and 5650 used for the expansion of the Stone Harbor Club Lounge?

We were in room 5652 once and it was the room next to the club lounge. The former room 5650 is now part of the lounge, as SueDee said. :)

Wow, Len Testa's in the Yacht & Beach Club thread!!!

My DW likes to sleep to white noise. The Amazon Alexa device offers this option for her at home. Does anyone know if the "Hey Disney" device at YC would offer white noise for sleep? I assume so if it works like a normal Alexa but was curious if anyone tried this feature with this device at a YC room.

BTW, I assume the "Hey Disney" works uniformly across all Disney Resorts.

Last edited:
My DW likes to sleep to white noise. The Amazon Alexa device offers this option for her at home. Does anyone know if the "Hey Alexa" device at YC would offer white noise for sleep? I assume so if it works like a normal Alexa but was curious if anyone tried this feature with this device at a YC room.

BTW, I assume the "Hey Alexa" works uniformly across all Disney Resorts.

I can't answer your specific question regarding the Alexa device but......

We always sleep with white noise. We usually pack our Marpac sound machine. If we forget, we use a phone app called White Noise Lite. It is free and has many different "noises" to choose from. My fav is called Brown Noise. There is an upgraded paid version of the app but we have never felt the need to upgrade.

Hello! We’re checking in to the BCV at the end of May - have all the rooms refurbishments been completed? I’d prefer a refurbished room but hate to clutter my room request if it’s a moot point.

(I apologize if this was answered on a previous page - I went several pages back and didn’t see an update.)

I can't answer your specific question regarding the Alexa device but......

We always sleep with white noise. We usually pack our Marpac sound machine. If we forget, we use a phone app called White Noise Lite. It is free and has many different "noises" to choose from. My fav is called Brown Noise. There is an upgraded paid version of the app but we have never felt the need to upgrade.
I've been afraid to try the free version of this app because I'm worried about ads. Is that a thing? I can't think of anything that would ruin a good night's sleep faster than my white noise taking a time out to play an ad.

Hello! We’re checking in to the BCV at the end of May - have all the rooms refurbishments been completed? I’d prefer a refurbished room but hate to clutter my room request if it’s a moot point.

(I apologize if this was answered on a previous page - I went several pages back and didn’t see an update.)
I believe so. I stayed in a renovated studio on the third floor in late January. I also think I read on the DCV board that everything was done a few months ago.

I believe so. I stayed in a renovated studio on the third floor in late January. I also think I read on the DCV board that everything was done a few months ago.
Fantastic - thank you so much for your response!

We just got back from YC, having stayed there over the weekend. We had an incredible time as always--and it was my wife's first time at YC.

Looks like we just missed the Easter display! We checked out on Sunday but stayed around the property the entire day, going to MGM for the day and then coming back to spend time at Boardwalk and Stormalong Bay before driving up to Jacksonville for the night on our long drive home.

Some things to report from our trip:

1. The crew at Yacht Club was very helpful and friendly. They helped me to try to get a reservation for Flying Fish since we were without cell phones (by choice and YES you can still do WDW without one). They also were very efficient with check-in and got our picture for us by the globe (with my old Nikon, no less).

2. The main YC lot was full and the convention lot needed to be cleared by 5. When we went to move our car to load it the day we left, we lost our spot and nothing else was open. They gave us free valet for the night since we were going to leave later.

3. A HUGE praise goes to our waiter Ken and chef Sean at Yachtsman!! They accommodated my wife's sensitivity to seed oils and actually came out to go over all our options. They were beyond accommodating and I will be writing a letter to them to thank them!!

4. Similarly, a HUGE praise to William over at Flying Fish for the same thing!!

5. Stormalong Bay seemed to vary in terms of temperature. The lazy river was freezing on Saturday but the rest of the pool was warmer. The pool was warmer overall on Sunday. Everything seemed to be in good shape although I didn't see any bubble jets still operational at the old Bubblin' Bay. (Only real ones know what this is).

6. The Yacht Club hats, sadly, were sold out. They were also running low on some of the Vineyard Vines YC merchandise.

7. Is it me or are the strawberries in the Mickey sinks at Beaches and Cream far too sweet? The ice cream and whipped cream were good, albeit messy (also the case with the shake I got on Sunday), but the strawberry stuff they use was so sweet I couldn't eat it.

8. We stayed on the first floor. That was a first for me (this was my third stay at YC and fourth on property overall, having been to BC once too). It was nice and quiet there, quieter than I remember from my last YC trip back in 2017.

A few questions as well...

A. The empty spot next to Yachtsman...wasn't that a spa? Is something going in there?

B. Will Ariel's ever get used for anything? I did peer in there and it looked like it had been pretty much gutted.

C. Will someone PLEASE restore Bubblin' Bay to its glory next spring?

We are debating about a short excursion down there in the fall again. My wife has fallen in love with both Disney and YC. Otherwise we will go next summer after the Stormalong Bay renovations. She's actually a bigger fan of bumming around YC/BC and the Boardwalk than the parks...but then again, she's not much for rides. She'll get on Small World but even Toy Story Mania was too much for her. Thankfully she's a good sport and hung out in line with me for Tower for an hour (my favorite ride; she does like the scenery of it).

I've been afraid to try the free version of this app because I'm worried about ads. Is that a thing? I can't think of anything that would ruin a good night's sleep faster than my white noise taking a time out to play an ad.

No ads pop up. DH and I have used this app for years when we need white noise and don't have access to our Marpac. It has even come in handy when our electricity is out at home. I just cannot sleep in silence. Of course they want you to upgrade to access more noise choices but there are so many on the free version to choose. I prefer the one called Brown Noise. I can adjust the volume to just the right level depending on how far the phone is from my bed. Give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter