Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

While we were at the YC, we were told that YC lounge will be closed for 1 month. The workers weren't sure if it was April-May or May-June. They are remodeling, changing the rug and taking up the floor where the food is located. I was told that the wall (with the opening) between where the juice is located and the tables is going to be an island. The coffee station will be moved there, so that there is more room to make coffee.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Huh. Wonder what they’ll do with the tables that are in front of that wall. Hope they don’t just remove them.

While we were at the YC, we were told that YC lounge will be closed for 1 month. The workers weren't sure if it was April-May or May-June. They are remodeling, changing the rug and taking up the floor where the food is located. I was told that the wall (with the opening) between where the juice is located and the tables is going to be an island. The coffee station will be moved there, so that there is more room to make coffee.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
If this is true, my guess is that it will be done in May. I was online to book my 2024 trip the day they opened up last year and early May was when I wanted, There was absolutely no club level available in the first three weeks of May no matter how I arranged the dates. I couldn't figure out how every room had been booked up that fast.

I booked the beginning of April instead. I'd hope I would have received a notice by now that the lounge wouldn't be available for my trip if that was happening in April.

Can someone please refresh my memory on the Stormalong Bay closure dates. I know it's been talked about a lot but I wasn't paying attention to the dates because I had no intention of doing a YC/BC trip anytime soon, but an unexpected opportunity just came up and now I can't find the info. Thanks

Can someone please refresh my memory on the Stormalong Bay closure dates. I know it's been talked about a lot but I wasn't paying attention to the dates because I had no intention of doing a YC/BC trip anytime soon, but an unexpected opportunity just came up and now I can't find the info. Thanks
I believe January to May of 2025. Also the YC CL maybe to closed to renovations May of 2024.

I'm having a dilemma. Called the resorts number the other day to request a room as far as possible away from Cape May due to shellfish anaphylaxis. The CM I spoke to did not seem very bright - hate to say it but true. At the end of the call, she told me to ask at the front desk upon check in. Should I call again and hope to speak to someone who is more knowledgable or would that be a waste of time?
This will likely be our last trip to WDW( health issues) and our grandsons requested the Beach Club because of Stormalong Bay. Are there other deluxe resorts with pools almost as nice as SAB w/in either walking distance or monorail access? Thanks!

I'm having a dilemma. Called the resorts number the other day to request a room as far as possible away from Cape May due to shellfish anaphylaxis. The CM I spoke to did not seem very bright - hate to say it but true. At the end of the call, she told me to ask at the front desk upon check in. Should I call again and hope to speak to someone who is more knowledgable or would that be a waste of time?
This will likely be our last trip to WDW( health issues) and our grandsons requested the Beach Club because of Stormalong Bay. Are there other deluxe resorts with pools almost as nice as SAB w/in either walking distance or monorail access? Thanks!
Sorry for all your issues that you are having. It can be very worrisome thinking about where you room maybe. If it was me, I would move your room to the Yacht Club and you won’t need to worry about the smell that sometimes comes from Cape May. I would also request a higher floor at the Yacht Club, 4th floor, and you really are no further away from SAB than if you were at the Beach Club and you have all the same facilities as the BC.

Sorry for all your issues that you are having. It can be very worrisome thinking about where you room maybe. If it was me, I would move your room to the Yacht Club and you won’t need to worry about the smell that sometimes comes from Cape May. I would also request a higher floor at the Yacht Club, 4th floor, and you really are no further away from SAB than if you were at the Beach Club and you have all the same facilities as the BC.
Thank you, Ric! Had not thought of the YC! Just checked it's not available for our dates.

I was going to suggest the same thing. 😀

Thank you, Ric! Had not thought of the YC! Just checked it's not available for our dates.
When you call for room requests, you are not speaking with someone onsite, so they are generally not as knowledgeable as you would hope. That said, I would still called back and have them note on the reservation that you need a room far from cape May due to a severe allergy. And definitely mention it again at checkin just to make sure you got the best-suited room to your situation. If your allergy is severe, I’m a little worried about your having to pass by cape May each day sort of walking around the hotel—will that be safe? Also, not sure your dates, but keep checking to switch to YC. Cancellations happen and availability often changes closer to trip. Good luck.

Also, you mentioned monorail access in your original post. YC/BC doesn’t have monorail access. Would you prefer to be at Poly/Contemporary or Grand Flo and be on the monorail line?

Also, you mentioned monorail access in your original post. YC/BC doesn’t have monorail access. Would you prefer to be at Poly/Contemporary or Grand Flo and be on the monorail line?
Thinking maybe the Contemporary due to the ongoing construction at the Poly and GF. Will speak to my husband when he gets back to see what he thinks. Our grandsons really like SAB but I am really worried about having the possible allergy episode. That could ruin our trip. Thanks so much for your advice and information!

Thinking maybe the Contemporary due to the ongoing construction at the Poly and GF. Will speak to my husband when he gets back to see what he thinks. Our grandsons really like SAB but I am really worried about having the possible allergy episode. That could ruin our trip. Thanks so much for your advice and information!
You’re welcome. If you have anymore questions about CR or YC/BC ask away.

I would agree with Jemtx and think about Poly, Contemporary or GF for monorail resorts. Poly also has a nice pool. Easier access to MK and Epcot by monorail. Keep checking with YC, things usually pop up. The only other solution is to request a room away from Cape May but you still will be walking near the lobby area to get to SAB so I don’t think that is a great solution.

I would agree with Jemtx and think about Poly, Contemporary or GF for monorail resorts. Poly also has a nice pool. Easier access to MK and Epcot by monorail. Keep checking with YC, things usually pop up. The only other solution is to request a room away from Cape May but you still will be walking near the lobby area to get to SAB so I don’t think that is a great solution.
I switched to the Contemporary. Feeling a lot less stressed.
Thanks to everyone here for your help!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter