• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Appears to be a good many of us there in early-mid May.

I failed to mention our fall trip, September 24 - October 4, 2024 - BCV. Please feel free to add it when the opportunity arises.

Hi Everyone! We have just booked our dream trip for this October and have a water view room. Is there anywhere you would recommend for a request? Thanks so much for your help, can’t even tell you how excited we are!
It depends where you are , if you are in YC CL and want a King Room, I have had 5215 and 5227 (twice) really nice overlooking Stormalong Bay and the Lake, nice view of Epcot fireworks at night.

Ah yes should have said we are in yacht club, forgot in all of the excitement 😂, it’s myself and my husband and my 8 & 11 year old boys and not club level

Ah yes should have said we are in yacht club, forgot in all of the excitement 😂, it’s myself and my husband and my 8 & 11 year old boys and not club level
I would still request 2 queen bed room, full balcony, looking toward Epcot and the boardwalk area, that has a pool and bay view. It’s kind of nice to see especially a 4th floor view WV. Make your request by calling YC or by the MDE app chat request. It’s my favorite resort and you will have a blast. Short walk to Epcot, 15-20 walk to HS or you can take the boat or skyliner. Best pool at Disney. Sand bottom pool, great water slide, whirlpool, lazy river,
Ale and Compass is underrated, good burgers, nice buffet breakfast for decent money. Cape May character breakfast is fun if the boys are into it. Both marketplaces have a decent but not great assortment of foods, I like the hot ham and cheese sandwich on a pretzel roll with homemade chips at YC marketplace. Also had the Cuban sandwich which was fine. A couple of nice bars for you and hubby are Martha Vineyard, Ale and Compass lounge and Crew Cup. To me, Yachtsman is a bit pricey for 4, I like Trattoria Al Forno on the boardwalk. Decent Italian, nice small bar. Hurricane Hanna’s pool bar is ok for a quick lunch or for more fun Beaches and Cream. If you chose Beaches and Cream make for reservation early at the 60 day mark. It’s a great resort. Hope I didn’t leave anything out. Oh I forgot, get tickets for the Halloween party at Magic Kingdom. It’s better than the Christmas party, since you’re going in October. Days are warm enough but nights you might need a light jacket.

I would still request 2 queen bed room, full balcony, looking toward Epcot and the boardwalk area, that has a pool and bay view. It’s kind of nice to see especially a 4th floor view WV. Make your request by calling YC or by the MDE app chat request. It’s my favorite resort and you will have a blast. Short walk to Epcot, 15-20 walk to HS or you can take the boat or skyliner. Best pool at Disney. Sand bottom pool, great water slide, whirlpool, lazy river,
Ale and Compass is underrated, good burgers, nice buffet breakfast for decent money. Cape May character breakfast is fun if the boys are into it. Both marketplaces have a decent but not great assortment of foods, I like the hot ham and cheese sandwich on a pretzel roll with homemade chips at YC marketplace. Also had the Cuban sandwich which was fine. A couple of nice bars for you and hubby are Martha Vineyard, Ale and Compass lounge and Crew Cup. To me, Yachtsman is a bit pricey for 4, I like Trattoria Al Forno on the boardwalk. Decent Italian, nice small bar. Hurricane Hanna’s pool bar is ok for a quick lunch or for more fun Beaches and Cream. If you chose Beaches and Cream make for reservation early at the 60 day mark. It’s a great resort. Hope I didn’t leave anything out.
This is AMAZING thank you so much!! We were lucky enough to stay at The Swan last year and nearly every day we’d walk past Yacht Club and I’d think ‘ah one day/ if only’ so am beside myself that we are staying there in October! Will be taking notes and showing my husband, thank you again so much for replying and so quickly it’s so nice of you!

For the YC folks, are there any characters that roam the lobby or around the grounds. My last visit to WDW was BC during Covid rules and there were no characters. Just curious if there may be any animal encounters, like Minnie, Donald, etc.
I’m not certain about the other resorts, but I’m guessing all of them see characters from time to time. We stayed at the RR resort in early November and while waiting for our room a van full of characters came through. (I could clearly see the van through the lobby doors from where we were sitting.) We have photos with both Chip and Dale as well as Daffy Duck. There were others, but I can’t recall them. And in September a bunch of characters visited the WL lobby as well…..Chip, Dale, Gepetto, Baboo, Stitch, and a few others.

This is AMAZING thank you so much!! We were lucky enough to stay at The Swan last year and nearly every day we’d walk past Yacht Club and I’d think ‘ah one day/ if only’ so am beside myself that we are staying there in October! Will be taking notes and showing my husband, thank you again so much for replying and so quickly it’s so nice of you!
No problem, have fun. The boys will love the resort and Halloween Party

Ale and Compass is underrated, good burgers, nice buffet breakfast for decent money. Cape May character breakfast is fun if the boys are into it. Both marketplaces have a decent but not great assortment of foods, I like the hot ham and cheese sandwich on a pretzel roll with homemade chips at YC marketplace. Also had the Cuban sandwich which was fine. A couple of nice bars for you and hubby are Martha Vineyard, Ale and Compass lounge and Crew Cup. To me, Yachtsman is a bit pricey for 4, I like Trattoria Al Forno on the boardwalk. Decent Italian, nice small bar. Hurricane Hanna’s pool bar is ok for a quick lunch or for more fun Beaches and Cream. If you chose Beaches and Cream make for reservation early at the 60 day mark. It’s a great resort. Hope I didn’t leave anything out. Oh I forgot, get tickets for the Halloween party at Magic Kingdom. It’s better than the Christmas party, since you’re going in October. Days are warm enough but nights you might need a light jacket.
Ricguz gave a very good review/description and is a very knowledgeable spokesman for YC. Agree with all he said—just wanted to add that another nice feature I enjoy at YC is actually their quiet pool. It’s nothing fancy, but is a pretty & peaceful spot with lots of seating and shade. If you ever want a change of pace from SAB i recommend it—it’s straight down the end of the long hallway off the lobby, just go passed the A&C marketplace. I agree with the room recs previously stated and those provide the best view for Epcot fireworks. I also like the water views that are right around the gazebo (I usually just say “gazebo view”). They look right out towards the lighthouse/boat dock and are usually close to the lobby.
Have a great trip!

Ricguz gave a very good review/description and is a very knowledgeable spokesman for YC. Agree with all he said—just wanted to add that another nice feature I enjoy at YC is actually their quiet pool. It’s nothing fancy, but is a pretty & peaceful spot with lots of seating and shade. If you ever want a change of pace from SAB i recommend it—it’s straight down the end of the long hallway off the lobby, just go passed the A&C marketplace. I agree with the room recs previously stated and those provide the best view for Epcot fireworks. I also like the water views that are right around the gazebo (I usually just say “gazebo view”). They look right out towards the lighthouse/boat dock and are usually close to the lobby.
Have a great trip!
Thanks, Jemtx, just giving my years of experience. Wow, I am getting old! Hope to return soon.

Hi friends! Will one of you lucky people, who are there now or going soon, take a picture of the Crews Cup lounge menu? Also, Martha’s Vineyard food menu photo would be appreciated. I know the menus online are sometimes lacking items.

Does anyone know if both sofas int the Beach Club 1-bedroom suites open as beds?

Thanks,
Rea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter