Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

General comment here…

First time back at the Yacht Club for a one night stay after staying at GF, we use to stay at the YC ever year prior to COVID. I knew they allowed dogs now, but there is a dog in the room across from ours that non-stop barks at the door so much so we can hear it in our room. It’s quite disappointing.

Ps- I’m a dog owner with a very large mastiff so it’s nothing against dogs
Squirrel control? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Ok it's early so maybe my eyes aren't working properly yet, but does anyone know if they removed the next bus arrival time from the app and if not where it is these days? Cannot for the life of me find it this morning.

Ok it's early so maybe my eyes aren't working properly yet, but does anyone know if they removed the next bus arrival time from the app and if not where it is these days? Cannot for the life of me find it this morning.
not sure but there is a transportation section when you click on the 3 bars bottom right of the app. It might be there?

It’s under Resort Hotel along with a row of other icons such as Unlock Door, etc. I think you’re there so it should show up, but that icon doesn’t show up if not during an active reservation.

We had the bus icon disappear from our app when we were staying at POR earlier this month. There were four of us in two rooms and luckily the bus icon was visible on at least one of the groups' phone app. It was temporary and we only had the problem one time. But the bus icon definitely disappeared. You are not having trouble with your eyes. :)

I didn’t take any photos (sorry!) but we had room 1069 at the YC and it was lovely. We had booked standard but I believe it was water view. The kids loved that they could see the pirate slide and determine how long the line was. We could also see the Epcot fireworks from the room and were only steps from the secret entrance. Not too far from the marketplace either, really loved everything about it! 2 queens plus a pullout!

OK, it's official, my friend Carolyn and I will be staying at Yacht Club 12-3 - 12-10 for our annual "Get Hyped for Christmas" trip.

If Dee can get this out on our BOG list when she gets a chance, that would be great.

Hubby and I will be there April 5 - 11 at Beach Club celebrating our 50th Anniversary (I think this is already on the list, but not sure the dates are correct as we did more stuff around a bit.

Thanks!!

Does anyone know about how long the walk is from the Beach Club Marketplace and the Market at Ale & Compass? I do enjoy a Bounty Platter (from WL) and I see the BC has one on their menu but YC has a breakfast bowl - perhaps the same though?

DH is an oatmeal kinda guy and it is on the menu at YC..but I wasn't sure if it was reasonable to walk from YC to the BC Marketplace, or even necessary.

I'd LOVE some breakfast pics from either place if anyone has any!

Thanks!

Does anyone know about how long the walk is from the Beach Club Marketplace and the Market at Ale & Compass? I do enjoy a Bounty Platter (from WL) and I see the BC has one on their menu but YC has a breakfast bowl - perhaps the same though?

DH is an oatmeal kinda guy and it is on the menu at YC..but I wasn't sure if it was reasonable to walk from YC to the BC Marketplace, or even necessary.

Thanks!
Very reasonable

Thanks!
I would like to think I am a BC/YC resident, it’s a wonderful stroll through the BC lobby past Cape May Cafe, left around the exterior of Cape May past Martha Vineyard( nice bar/ Lounge)) area outside past beaches and cream, inside past Yachtsmen Steakhouse, Crew Cup Lounge around the exterior of Ale and Compass restaurant and lounge, past the YC lobby down the hall and the marketplace is on the left. From the BC marketplace it should take no longer than 5 minutes. It’s my favorite resort, I have had food from both marketplaces, ale and Compass, Crew Cup and Yachtsmen. The Ale and Compass breakfast is the best kept secret in Disney. Food is very good, not as expensive as other table service restaurants. Service can be slow but the buffet is a good value. I find the marketplaces both YC and BC food decent. Others will disagree. Have a blast! I be back again at the YC at the end of October!

We always get breakfast from the Beach Club marketplace when staying at the YC. It is approximately a four to five minute walk. :) We would place a mobile order from the room and then start walking to the marketplace.

Got back yesterday from a fantastic stay at the YC! We actually got our room request this year, which I was really hoping for since we booked garden view and typically that has resulted in a view of a tree on the porte cochere side of the resort, but we really wanted for once to be on the water side of the resort, and the CM checking us in did an amazing job searching for the perfect room for us. We were in 2091, which had this beautiful view:
PXL_20230921_205735114.jpg

I didn't get any pictures of the room this trip since not much has changed, but I did want to note that this room was a shower only room, no tub. We also had two queen beds and a daybed. It was a great room, very quite, and a pretty quick walk to the lobby/elevators. Also, the view of the fireworks was pretty awesome ::yes::

PXL_20230922_010901443.jpg

The only issue we had, which wasn't every day thankfully, was the number of people on balconies/patios near us smoking. We didn't notice it until the weekend, but on both Saturday and Sunday it seemed there was constantly someone nearby smoking on their balcony. We couldn't figure out exactly which room, or even floor it was coming from, but every time we went out on the balcony there was smoke drifting up/over. We did notify the front desk, but since we had no idea which rooms it was coming from, not sure there was much they could do about it. Other than that though it was a perfect stay at the YC!

Got back yesterday from a fantastic stay at the YC! We actually got our room request this year, which I was really hoping for since we booked garden view and typically that has resulted in a view of a tree on the porte cochere side of the resort, but we really wanted for once to be on the water side of the resort, and the CM checking us in did an amazing job searching for the perfect room for us. We were in 2091, which had this beautiful view:
View attachment 797015

I didn't get any pictures of the room this trip since not much has changed, but I did want to note that this room was a shower only room, no tub. We also had two queen beds and a daybed. It was a great room, very quite, and a pretty quick walk to the lobby/elevators. Also, the view of the fireworks was pretty awesome ::yes::

View attachment 797017

The only issue we had, which wasn't every day thankfully, was the number of people on balconies/patios near us smoking. We didn't notice it until the weekend, but on both Saturday and Sunday it seemed there was constantly someone nearby smoking on their balcony. We couldn't figure out exactly which room, or even floor it was coming from, but every time we went out on the balcony there was smoke drifting up/over. We did notify the front desk, but since we had no idea which rooms it was coming from, not sure there was much they could do about it. Other than that though it was a perfect stay at the YC!
Great pictures! Concerning the smoking, the only thing I can think of [based on the consistent nature of the smoke] is that you were getting residual smoke from the designated smoking area which is located off of the back walkway from the YC. Never understood the location since a lot of people walk that way. It's really not that far from your room location and with an east or northeast wind it can travel far.

Great pictures! Concerning the smoking, the only thing I can think of [based on the consistent nature of the smoke] is that you were getting residual smoke from the designated smoking area which is located off of the back walkway from the YC. Never understood the location since a lot of people walk that way. It's really not that far from your room location and with an east or northeast wind it can travel far.
Ohh, maybe some of it was from there, but some was definitely from the rooms near us. One was really close to us, like almost directly below us at times, we saw smoke coming up, looked like it was only a room or two over and below us.

We always get breakfast from the Beach Club marketplace when staying at the YC. It is approximately a four to five minute walk. :) We would place a mobile order from the room and then start walking to the marketplace.
I would like to think I am a BC/YC resident, it’s a wonderful stroll through the BC lobby past Cape May Cafe, left around the exterior of Cape May past Martha Vineyard( nice bar/ Lounge)) area outside past beaches and cream, inside past Yachtsmen Steakhouse, Crew Cup Lounge around the exterior of Ale and Compass restaurant and lounge, past the YC lobby down the hall and the marketplace is on the left. From the BC marketplace it should take no longer than 5 minutes. It’s my favorite resort, I have had food from both marketplaces, ale and Compass, Crew Cup and Yachtsmen. The Ale and Compass breakfast is the best kept secret in Disney. Food is very good, not as expensive as other table service restaurants. Service can be slow but the buffet is a good value. I find the marketplaces both YC and BC food decent. Others will disagree. Have a blast! I be back again at the YC at the end of October!
YC Very reasonable
It’s basically the far end of BC lobby to the far end of YC lobby… maybe 4 minutes.
THANK YOU ALL!!!

I must confess that I LOVE a Disney chocolate croissant and BC has them on their mobile menu but not YC so I also needed to see if it would be reasonable to get one of those while I was out.

:rolleyes1

I have a really dumb question but... what is the "BOG list"? We are staying at Beach club in November and I'm just curious what this is. We have stayed at Yacht club before but this will be our first time at Beach club. I've always wanted to because I LOVE those balloon chairs in the lobby.

I have a really dumb question but... what is the "BOG list"? We are staying at Beach club in November and I'm just curious what this is. We have stayed at Yacht club before but this will be our first time at Beach club. I've always wanted to because I LOVE those balloon chairs in the lobby.
It's the "Be Our Guest" list for us to list our upcoming trips for Yacht and Beach Clubs... Take a look at Post 1 of this thread, and it's listed in the Contents (Item 15, I think). Just post here what your dates are and where you are staying, and Dee (when she can get to her updates) will put it on the list for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter