• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

General comment here…

First time back at the Yacht Club for a one night stay after staying at GF, we use to stay at the YC ever year prior to COVID. I knew they allowed dogs now, but there is a dog in the room across from ours that non-stop barks at the door so much so we can hear it in our room. It’s quite disappointing.

Ps- I’m a dog owner with a very large mastiff so it’s nothing against dogs

General comment here…

First time back at the Yacht Club for a one night stay after staying at GF, we use to stay at the YC ever year prior to COVID. I knew they allowed dogs now, but there is a dog in the room across from ours that non-stop barks at the door so much so we can hear it in our room. It’s quite disappointing.

Have you gone down to notify the front desk? I wouldn’t call as that will just be a call center. There are rules when you check in with a dog, so management should deal with it.

General comment here…

I have a lot of mixed feeling of having dogs in the resort.... I love dogs and have been manipulated by them my whole life, but:

a) I would never bring a dog to a venue of any kind that was not specifically for the benefit of the dog, IF that dog wasn't a service dog etc. I don't agree with bringing the animal along if there is nothing in it for the animal. I really disagree with bringing a pet to a venue such as a festival or event where they can be impacted by others or environment, such as eating stuff off the ground or needing to walk on hot pavement. It's not fun for the animal. They are probably safer left at home or with people they know.

b) If I DID have to bring my dog to a venue, I would never leave it alone in a strange environment... especially if it's behavior could affect others.

Being a responsible pet owner means making decisions that include what impact it may have on the animal.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Have a quick 2 night MVMCP/ Epcot FoH day trip end of November.
Currently booked at BWI under going renovations. BC says it’s under renovations. But I’m starting to get the feeling that maybe BC is done with that? With BC only slightly more than BW if so I am considering a switch as it’s available.
Can anyone give an idea on the construction going/needing going on?

Have a quick 2 night MVMCP/ Epcot FoH day trip end of November.
Currently booked at BWI under going renovations. BC says it’s under renovations. But I’m starting to get the feeling that maybe BC is done with that? With BC only slightly more than BW if so I am considering a switch as it’s available.
Can anyone give an idea on the construction going/needing going on?
BWI rooms are done. The villas are currently being renovated.

We're headed to YC for our first stay Oct 7-11th!

DH and I were supposed to head to Vegas for our 30th wedding anniversary, but with all the "hacking" at MGM going on and the issues I'm reading about (I'm part of a Vegas chat board which is way more informational than what you see on the news) we decided to push Vegas and head to Disney instead!

We usually stay in a MK resort and its been a while since we stayed at BC or even Swan, so I'm super excited to be near Epcot & HS...

We're local now so it's just a quick 1 hr ride from home to the resort!!

Just a quick question regarding dogs at the resort.....Is there a specific building location especially for dogs or are they all over the resort? I love dogs more than anything, including people, lol, however, when traveling, I'd prefer not to stay in hotel room where other animals have stayed or peed on the bed.

Just a quick question regarding dogs at the resort.....Is there a specific building location especially for dogs or are they all over the resort? I love dogs more than anything, including people, lol, however, when traveling, I'd prefer not to stay in hotel room where other animals have stayed or peed on the bed.
There is a specific location where pet dogs can stay.

However, service animals can be assigned any room in any hotel.

If you are going shortly I would love some intel on the BCV. If/when they are starting again (we have a stay at the end of October and I'd like to know what's going on ahead of that visit.) Also, if the Dune's cove pool is on track to start Oct. 2. If all of these get pushed back then we might have to deal with them on our stay in Feb. I don't see them taking out the rooms over the holiday season.
I looked at the Be Our Guest list and we will arrive one day after you all, so I can’t be of any immediate help about the BCV renovations.

We've seen dogs in the elevator and there was a pet dog across the hall from our room on the third floor. They don't restrict the pet dogs to the ground floor or to a certain area of the resort. But we haven't experienced any problems with the dogs we did see.

Does anyone know if its easier/harder to request a KING room at either Yacht or Beach Club?

we have a water view room booked at YC but for $400 cheaper (for the whole stay) I can switch to a non-view room at BC...

I guess the view doesn't matter all that much, but I'd rather have a king bed if possible....

and we've never stayed at YC before...

thoughts?

Does anyone know if its easier/harder to request a KING room at either Yacht or Beach Club?

we have a water view room booked at YC but for $400 cheaper (for the whole stay) I can switch to a non-view room at BC...

I guess the view doesn't matter all that much, but I'd rather have a king bed if possible....

and we've never stayed at YC before...

thoughts?
I hope I can help. I have stayed at the YC CL at least a dozen times and always received a King Bed Room every time I requested it. I would use the chat part of the MDE to request what you want and then follow up with a phone call. All of my rooms were water view kings full balcony. Now I know you are staying non CL level. They should be more rooms to chose from. I believe the room at the BC are harder to come by for a king. I did have a corner king room WV at BC CL once but it was next to where the trash was picked up so they was a lot of beeping early in the morning plus it tough to get a full balcony and king at BC where it seems easier at the YC. I maybe lucky, I don’t know but if you dont ask you won’t get what you want. In my opinion, a WV room at the YC will get you a full balcony and a better chance of a King Room than BC. Even if you get 2 queens, sitting on the balcony at night with some wine-beer, cheese and crackers is better than a non balcony king. Good luck

Last edited:
I hope I can help. I have stayed at the YC CL at least a dozen times and always received a King Bed Room every time I requested it. I would use the chat part of the MDE to request what you want and then follow up with a phone call. All of my rooms were water view kings full balcony. Now I know you are staying non CL level. They should be more rooms to chose from. I believe the room at the BC are harder to come by for a king. I did have a corner king room WV at BC CL once but it was next to where the trash was picked up so they was a lot of beeping early in the morning plus it tough to get a full balcony and king at BC where it seems easier at the YC. I maybe lucky, I don’t know but if you dont ask you won’t get what you want. In my opinion, a WV room at the YC will get you a full balcony and a better chance of a King Room than BC. Even if you get 2 queens, sitting on the balcony at night with some wine-beer, cheese and crackers is better than a non balcony king. Good luck
ooohh..CL is a dream of mine!!!

I'm thinking that I'll just keep the WV YC and just pretend I didnt see the non-view at BC.

The one time we've stayed at BC we had a view of the room at the front of the resort - which was a super bummer, but it's what we paid for....

this trip is just DH and I and I'd rather have a better chance of a king than not.

I did just see that both the YC an BC room states that it could be a king, a queen or 2 queens. DH and I have a king now and I'd rather NOT share a queen bed with him on vacation - 2 queens is fine bc I can have my own bed :rotfl2:, but to downgrade my bed size sounds bad...

I wonder how many 1 queen rooms them have.

I did request on the "room request" for a king - so here's hoping that helps!

I'm thinking that I'll just keep the WV YC and just pretend I didnt see the non-view at BC.

The one time we've stayed at BC we had a view of the room at the front of the resort - which was a super bummer, but it's what we paid for....

this trip is just DH and I and I'd rather have a better chance of a king than not.

I did just see that both the YC an BC room states that it could be a king, a queen or 2 queens. DH and I have a king now and I'd rather NOT share a queen bed with him on vacation - 2 queens is fine bc I can have my own bed :rotfl2:, but to downgrade my bed size sounds bad...

Well most queen rooms that I know of have 2 queen beds in them so I think you’re in good shape. Keep the YC WV I think you will be alright. Once you get there and get your room assignment ask if it’s a king and if not maybe there will be one available.

Just some YC vibes for your Thursday afternoon. Best check in experience this trip, the CM working the desk saw our room request and made sure we got exactly what we asked for (gazebo view not on the first floor). At first she could only find a king room, which wouldn't work for my mom and I, but she finally found this beauty. Finally a balcony with a view! :love:

PXL_20230921_205735114.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter