Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sorry if this question isn't allowed or has been answered in the previous 2100 pages...

My elderly mother in law is looking to come up from Southern Florida to visit us for a short time during our trip to Disney. When we stayed at Riverside a couple of years ago, we did this and we were able to do a pool day (even though it's not technically allowed). We've seen that if we add her and her boyfriend to our room, she'd be able to use stormalong bay, as long as it's under the room capacity. However, when I try to change it in my reservation online, it raises our price by almost 2000 dollars. Is there anyway to do this for free... Or at least less money than 2k? Just trying to figure out ways for my daughter to see her grandmother...

Thanks!

Sorry if this question isn't allowed or has been answered in the previous 2100 pages...

My elderly mother in law is looking to come up from Southern Florida to visit us for a short time during our trip to Disney. When we stayed at Riverside a couple of years ago, we did this and we were able to do a pool day (even though it's not technically allowed). We've seen that if we add her and her boyfriend to our room, she'd be able to use stormalong bay, as long as it's under the room capacity. However, when I try to change it in my reservation online, it raises our price by almost 2000 dollars. Is there anyway to do this for free... Or at least less money than 2k? Just trying to figure out ways for my daughter to see her grandmother...

Thanks!
Yes, you just can't do it in advance. Visit the front desk the day of her visit and you can add her to your room as a day guest.

Thanks!
You can try to pay to add them as a day guest to the room just for the days they are there once you arrive.

If you just want to figure out ways for your daughter to see her grandma…

1. Disney Springs is literally free and the daughter would be chilling with grandma instead of running off into the water for fun

2. Disney water parks are cheaper tickets than Disney theme parks, you could all do a water park day

3. Dine at a Disney hotel. Anyone can book a Disney Hotel ADR and park at the hotel.

Thanks!
Most Disney hotels charges extra if you have more than two people over age 18 staying in the room (assuming that it isn't a DVC room).

I checked for Yacht Club for a one-night stay. To add another adult to a one-night stay, it costs an extra $35.00 + 12.5% tax of $4.37 = $39.37.

To add two adults to a one-night stay, it costs an extra $70.00 + 12.5% tax of $8.75 = $78.75.

You said that adding two people raised your room price by almost $2,000. I don't know how long you are staying, but that doesn't make sense, unless you originally booked under a discount and the discount it gone. Or, you booked a package which included tickets or the dining plan; if you booked a package, everybody in the room has to be on the same package.

Yacht Club/Beach Club is strict about who enters Stormalong Bay. PPs suggested that you try adding grandma and boyfriend as a day guest after you arrive. I would have a Plan B in mind. If the hotels are busy, castmembers might decide that it isn't fair to guests staying at the hotels if they let you bring more people into the pool area.

PPs have provided alternate suggestions.

Remember to factor in the cost of parking. Parking at Disney Springs is free. In the past, you could park at a Disney hotel, even if you weren't staying there and didn't have a dining reservation, if you paid for valet parking. I don't know if that's still true. If you want to meet them somewhere else, you might consider Animal Kingdom Lodge. It has things to see and do. It has a quick service restaurant if you don't want to pay for table service. There is a sticky at the top of this page which has the resorts' monthly activity calendars.

Most Disney hotels charges extra if you have more than two people over age 18 staying in the room (assuming that it isn't a DVC room).

I checked for Yacht Club for a one-night stay. To add another adult to a one-night stay, it costs an extra $35.00 + 12.5% tax of $4.37 = $39.37.

To add two adults to a one-night stay, it costs an extra $70.00 + 12.5% tax of $8.75 = $78.75.

You said that adding two people raised your room price by almost $2,000. I don't know how long you are staying, but that doesn't make sense, unless you originally booked under a discount and the discount it gone. Or, you booked a package which included tickets or the dining plan; if you booked a package, everybody in the room has to be on the same package.

Yacht Club/Beach Club is strict about who enters Stormalong Bay. PPs suggested that you try adding grandma and boyfriend as a day guest after you arrive. I would have a Plan B in mind. If the hotels are busy, castmembers might decide that it isn't fair to guests staying at the hotels if they let you bring more people into the pool area.

PPs have provided alternate suggestions.

Remember to factor in the cost of parking. Parking at Disney Springs is free. In the past, you could park at a Disney hotel, even if you weren't staying there and didn't have a dining reservation, if you paid for valet parking. I don't know if that's still true. If you want to meet them somewhere else, you might consider Animal Kingdom Lodge. It has things to see and do. It has a quick service restaurant if you don't want to pay for table service. There is a sticky at the top of this page which has the resorts' monthly activity calendars.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Yeah, I agree that it doesn't make sense but a lot of things don't make sense when booking a Disney Vacation. Haha. It's 6 nights. For the 6 with the discount it's 4200. For the added 2 adults for the entire trip is 5800. It shows the discount, but could be different now that it's months after we originally booked.

Either way, we'd only need it for the one day so we'll try to do it the day of. Otherwise there are other plans, but just wanted to figure out all options.

Either way, we'd only need it for the one day so we'll try to do it the day of. Otherwise there are other plans, but just wanted to figure out all options.
That's the issue if you add them now they need to get the same tickets that you have 6 days since all Guests on a Package must have the same Package options. That's the bulk of the ~$2000.00 extra cost.

If you add them once you arrive at the resort as overnight guests if they are staying in your room for 1 night there is only the $35 per additional Adult (+tax) as @Best Aunt indicated above. Without Park tickets.

Or you can save the $35 per guests if you only add them as "Day" guests where they get basic resort access but that does not include access to Storm Along Bay (SAB).

Dave

That's the issue if you add them now they need to get the same tickets that you have 6 days since all Guests on a Package must have the same Package options. That's the bulk of the ~$2000.00 extra cost.

If you add them once you arrive at the resort as overnight guests if they are staying in your room for 1 night there is only the $35 per additional Adult (+tax) as @Best Aunt indicated above. Without Park tickets.

Or you can save the $35 per guests if you only add them as "Day" guests where they get basic resort access but that does not include access to Storm Along Bay (SAB).

Dave

Ohhhh yeah good point. Wasn't thinking about the park tickets. Duh. Haha. Thanks!

Has anyone tried this email address lately and can confirm it works? wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com
If nobody knows, somebody over on the DVC Resorts forum asked this morning about the email address for the Grand Floridian, and the reply was this:

"Try WDW.gm.GrandFloridian@Disney.com. That’s the pattern for the GM email addresses I have and for the one above."

Seems to me that somebody should start a thread on this, and it should be a sticky on the top of the Resorts forum.

Lighter, beachy décor in lobby and rooms (is this still true- recent post talks about how everything is sand-colored)

I am not 100% sure as I've yet to stay in a renovated BC room. We have an upcoming stay and can report back with pictures if no one else has chimed in.

The renovated BCV rooms have carpets, and the walls are painted a light blue/grey.

From what I've heard, the renovated BC rooms have hard floors, and the walls are painted a sand color.

Also, I would be delighted to take updated pics for this thread and any other reporting that needs to be updated. You all have been a wealth of info, and I would love to repay the favor. :hug:
We fell in love with Beach Club after our BCV stay last March. Immediately started looking for a resale contract after the trip and finally closed end of July.

If you are going shortly I would love some intel on the BCV. If/when they are starting again (we have a stay at the end of October and I'd like to know what's going on ahead of that visit.) Also, if the Dune's cove pool is on track to start Oct. 2. If all of these get pushed back then we might have to deal with them on our stay in Feb. I don't see them taking out the rooms over the holiday season.
I am not 100% sure as I've yet to stay in a renovated BC room. We have an upcoming stay and can report back with pictures if no one else has chimed in.

The renovated BCV rooms have carpets, and the walls are painted a light blue/grey.

From what I've heard, the renovated BC rooms have hard floors, and the walls are painted a sand color.

Also, I would be delighted to take updated pics for this thread and any other reporting that needs to be updated. You all have been a wealth of info, and I would love to repay the favor. :hug:
We fell in love with Beach Club after our BCV stay last March. Immediately started looking for a resale contract after the trip and finally closed end of July.

Just got back from the Yacht Club. We have stayed many times thru the years at Yacht or Beach Club.

We always were bothered by squirrels near the pool and on our balconies. Last week I did not see ONE squirrel anywhere.

What did Disney do with all the squirrels?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter