• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Looks like our trips will once again overlap. When I read the post about the Dunes Cove refurb I immediately thought of you. You are just going to have to schlep to SAB and look us up! We are planned for 10/19-10/29.
I’ll be there almost the same dates. Has there been any information released on how long the refurbishment of the Dunes Cove pool will last? Or how extensive?

I’ll be there almost the same dates. Has there been any information released on how long the refurbishment of the Dunes Cove pool will last? Or how extensive?
This is how it was communicated back in June:

The Dunes Cove Pool at Beach Club will be closed for maintenance from October 2nd, 2023 until a currently unannounced date in early December.

I wish they had put a "2023" after December! :rolleyes1

As @focusondisney noted, the beverage cooler isn't large , but there is quite a bit of closet space. In addition, there is a drawer above the fridge where we usually put plastic cutlery and tea bags I bring from home. There are also a couple of shelves above the fridge/cooler where we put some of the grocery items so they are easily accessible. You can store quite a bit without it feeling disorganized or crowded.
Thanks! That’s exactly the feedback I was looking for. We won’t have a lot of cold stuff for the fridge, mostly snacks. I get overwhelmed in a space with stuff strewn everywhere, so good to hear there is plenty of space to store our groceries. We must think alike because I’m also bringing plastic cutlery and tea bags. Can’t travel without my turmeric tea!

Looks like our trips will once again overlap. When I read the post about the Dunes Cove refurb I immediately thought of you. You are just going to have to schlep to SAB and look us up! We are planned for 10/19-10/29.
I know where to schlep find you! Plastic champagne glasses? And it's your anniversary too if I remember correctly? :drinking1

I have been told by a BC CM that resort view will eventually replace both standard and garden views. The goal is to only have two choices...resort view and water view.
I'm not saying I like this change at all, but it's what I was told.

Thanks for posting. That’s exactly what the announcement said. From the comments here, people won’t believe it til it disappears from the booking page.

Sorry if this has been covered, running short of time. We are arriving at the Beach Club tomorrow morning. Has the pool been crowded this week? Do they still have tables with umbrellas? thx

I know where to schlep find you! Plastic champagne glasses? And it's your anniversary too if I remember correctly? :drinking1
Yep! That’s us. Good memory about our anniversary. It is the 20th. And we are creatures of habit. We started out years ago sitting in front of B&C when that pool entrance was still open since it was closer to the villas and have just never changed. Although we might be persuaded to try out tree island as Wood Nymph likes to call it since we have to enter the pool down there now anyway.

Looking forward to catching up again!

Sorry if this has been covered, running short of time. We are arriving at the Beach Club tomorrow morning. Has the pool been crowded this week? Do they still have tables with umbrellas? thx
The pools are less crowded once the kids go back to school. There are plenty of tables with umbrellas. It shouldn't be too crowded this upcoming week. :)

Ordered the hot ham and cheese sandwich from the yacht club marketplace and it is truly the most disgusting thing I ever tried to eat. I can’t believe they would charge $12 for this. It’s the worst thing I’ve ever tried on any Disney property in over 25 years of Disney travel. I had a few bites because I’m starving and immediately feel like I’m gonna throw up.

Looks nothing like the photo in the app, which looked quite appealing. The cheese is a rock hard congealed mess and the ham looks so old and over reheated I thought it was pork rinds. No joke.

Ordered the hot ham and cheese sandwich from the yacht club marketplace and it is truly the most disgusting thing I ever tried to eat. I can’t believe they would charge $12 for this. It’s the worst thing I’ve ever tried on any Disney property in over 25 years of Disney travel. I had a few bites because I’m starving and immediately feel like I’m gonna throw up.

Looks nothing like the photo in the app, which looked quite appealing. The cheese is a rock hard congealed mess and the ham looks so old and over reheated I thought it was pork rinds. No joke.
They had to have overcooked it. I would have brought it back. I one we last in December was decent. Sorry for that, that’s inexcusable especially at that price

A quick note about the fridge (beverage cooler) in the room. I’ve seen a lot of questions about it before arriving. I can attest that it keeps everything perfectly cold if you turn the knob in the back all the way to the coldest setting. I even put ice cream in there yesterday and it’s still hard this morning. The back of the fridge is iced over. Our milk is frosty cold.

A quick note about the fridge (beverage cooler) in the room. I’ve seen a lot of questions about it before arriving. I can attest that it keeps everything perfectly cold if you turn the knob in the back all the way to the coldest setting. I even put ice cream in there yesterday and it’s still hard this morning. The back of the fridge is iced over. Our milk is frosty cold.

Thank ou so much. That does make me feel a lot better. Does the knob in the back have markings to let ou know warm from cold? Just checking because, with my luck, I'd accidentally turn it to the warmest setting and end up with melted ice cream all over everything!

Thank ou so much. That does make me feel a lot better. Does the knob in the back have markings to let ou know warm from cold? Just checking because, with my luck, I'd accidentally turn it to the warmest setting and end up with melted ice cream all over everything!
I'm not the OP, but generally speaking you should go clockwise for max coolness. So, if you're doing it blindly from the front reaching in from the left side go left, reaching in from the right side go right. Best bet is to pull it out and adjust accordingly.

I'm not the OP, but generally speaking you should go clockwise for max coolness. So, if you're doing it blindly from the front reaching in from the left side go left, reaching in from the right side go right. Best bet is to pull it out and adjust accordingly.

And don't forget that you can turn on the flashlight feature of your cell phone if you need some light to see what you're doing when you adjust the temperature in the fridge.

And don't forget that you can turn on the flashlight feature of your cell phone if you need some light to see what you're doing when you adjust the temperature in the fridge.
Thank you-I often forget about the flashlight feature. I often forget I can do anything with my call phone other than answer and make phone calls. One day, I'd forgotten my watch, so I went up to someone in the store and asked them the time. They pulled out their cell phone and told me. I was so embarrassed-but at least my cell phone didn't ring at that time.

Thank you-I often forget about the flashlight feature. I often forget I can do anything with my call phone other than answer and make phone calls. One day, I'd forgotten my watch, so I went up to someone in the store and asked them the time. They pulled out their cell phone and told me. I was so embarrassed-but at least my cell phone didn't ring at that time.
Laughing with you, not at you, of course! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter