• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I had a moment of panic when I saw that SAB would be closed for four months. Then I noticed that it will be in 2025.
This is a big step for Disney. They usually surprise guests when they close the pools. I think a big, advance notice is a first for them. ;)

True. This is major. Didn't they let the BWI guest use SAB in the past when their pool and slide were down? Could the reverse happen during this? Or am I wrong on this?
They have allowed BC/YC/BCV guests to use the BW pool when SAB is closed.

It figures. We just bought DVC resale at BCV So we could stay more often.

And I had a moment of blind panic as we already booked trips for January and May 2024, switched the January to BWV thinking the pool was closed in 2024 rather than 2025 (which would make more sense since they usually surprise you last minute) and now I can’t get it back. I’ve waitlisted our dates, hopefully we can move back by the time January comes around.

Sigh. I shouldn’t try to Disney Plan pre-coffee.

You are spot on. Look at what they've done with the BCV refurb roulette. It started- then stopped- was supposed to have started again in Aug- still hasn't started. :sad2:
Ack! I know I read on another thread here somewhere that work on the BCV had started back up(?). Can anyone confirm that nothing is happening yet? Really want a refurbed 2B for my Oct trip.

For those of you who would still stay during the pool refurbishment, you may want to plan on Standard or Resort rooms rather than Water View. This sounds like a MAJOR pool renovation and those are LOUD. There will be jackhammering and sawing of tiles/stones most likely. That will really bleed into the pool view rooms. So keep that in mind. I remember when they were doing this kind of refurbishment at the Disneyland Hotel and it was insane how loud it was.

We just got back from BWI CL which was very nice. I just booked a bounce back for 8/2024 for BC which we have stayed at before and loved it! Will the rooms be renovated by next August because I read that the rooms were in need of refurbishment? Looking forward to our stay at BW!

Will the rooms be renovated by next August because I read that the rooms were in need of refurbishment? Looking forward to our stay at BW!

I am a little confused by this BWI reference but I assume you meant BC.

All the BC rooms are completely refurbished. They are ramping up to restart and complete the BCV DVC refurbishment that was paused to allow the BC regular resort rooms to be finished this summer.

Dave

Ack! I know I read on another thread here somewhere that work on the BCV had started back up(?). Can anyone confirm that nothing is happening yet? Really want a refurbed 2B for my Oct trip.
I also saw one post saying they started on the 3rd floor but that was the only one saying it started so I’m not sure either

I am a little confused by this BWI reference but I assume you meant BC.

All the BC rooms are completely refurbished. They are ramping up to restart and complete the BCV DVC refurbishment that was paused to allow the BC regular resort rooms to be finished this summer.

Dave
Sorry, yes I meant to say we are looking forward to our BC stay! I didn't know the rooms have been renovated at BC already. I thought they were supposed to be renovated soon. We are not staying DVC, just a regular resort room view!

Sorry, yes I meant to say we are looking forward to our BC stay! I didn't know the rooms have been renovated at BC already. I thought they were supposed to be renovated soon. We are not staying DVC, just a regular resort room view!

Hope your room is nicer than the refurbished one we just had. The work was super shoddy and looked and felt completely rushed. It was so sloppy.

Hope your room is nicer than the refurbished one we just had. The work was super shoddy and looked and felt completely rushed. It was so sloppy.
Wow. No our room was very nice (we stayed on the Inn side). Everything was excellent!

Last edited:
Wow. No our room was very nice (we stayed on the Inn side). Everything was excellent!

The Inn side of Beach Club? I'm talking about the newly refurbished BC rooms. I stayed in one 7/25 for 9 nights. It wasn't great.

Hi All! Can anyone currently (or soon to be) at BC/YC take a stroll over to the villas and peek if any work is happening? Hearing conflicting reports. Thanks to whoever takes up the request!!!!

The Inn side of Beach Club? I'm talking about the newly refurbished BC rooms. I stayed in one 7/25 for 9 nights. It wasn't great.
Sorry for the confusion. Our recently refurbished room at BWI that we just stayed at, was beautiful. Sorry to hear the new refurbished rooms at BC were not great, that's disappointing!

Sorry for the confusion. Our recently refurbished room at BWI that we just stayed at, was beautiful. Sorry to hear the new refurbished rooms at BC were not great, that's disappointing!

Gotcha.

I was disappointed in both the aesthetic and the quality of my refurbished room, to be honest. It's like, "hope you like the color of sand!" The whole room is a beige, monochromatic bore. Dark wood floors would have done wonders for the feel of the room, but the floors they chose are just bland and look cheap. There were massive gouge marks (new ones) on the walls, a slew of old, broken outlets (which they did replace after I complained because I couldn't plug anything in, but come on, that should have been noticed before), the sloppiest glass shower door insall I've ever seen (GLOBS of silicone caulk was used with no attempt to clean off the excess), uncomfortable, hard mattresses (yes, it was new, but it is NOT the same mattress they have been using in the deluxe hotels prior to this), dirty floors that never got clean, gaps in the floorboards that collected gunk.

The only things I liked were the new hallway carpeting and the new paintings in the rooms. Otherwise, I hate how the rooms now look. There is NO color (except from the paintings). It's terrible.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter