• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if the last day is your final night in the hotel or the day you have to check out? For example, October 27-31, does that mean I check out on 10/31 or 11/1? I understand I can book other nights around the bounce back at rack rate, but would the night of 10/31 be discounted?

Any night that is listed as “included”, (such as October 27 - 31 or November 25- 27). is discounted. Any dates not listed are rack rate.

Just checking to see if they have started the BCV refurb again. I thought it was Aug-Oct. Is the Dunes cove pool still open as well. I'm not sure when that refurb was to begin this fall.

Just checking to see if they have started the BCV refurb again. I thought it was Aug-Oct. Is the Dunes cove pool still open as well. I'm not sure when that refurb was to begin this fall.
I have no intelligence [almost set myself up with that one] insight on the reboot of the BCV refurb but for some reason thought I saw that it had restarted. The Dunes Cove pool work is scheduled to begin on October 2 and conclude sometime in December. All that I know is that I'm going to have to schlep my self over to the BC leisure pool [Tidal Pool] for our October trip! I may even make it to SAB sometime! Hoping the Dunes Cove pool is back online for our 11/29 - 12/6 Holiday visit! If not, I'll be well trained! Hope you have a good vacation!

Last edited:
I have no intelligence [almost set myself up with that one] insight on the reboot of the BCV refurb but for some reason thought I saw that it had restarted. The Dunes Cove pool work is scheduled to begin on October 2 and conclude sometime in December. All that I know is that I'm going to have to schlep my self over to the BC leisure pool [Tidal Pool] for our October trip! I may even make it to SAB sometime! Hoping the Dunes Cove pool is back online for our 11/29 - 12/6 Holiday visit! If not, I'll be well trained! Hope you have a good vacation!
PCFriar80 thank you. We are not looking forward to the schlep to the Tidal pool either. We will be the couple looking disheveled with a cocktail Oct 18-29 if you happen to be there at that time, say Hi.

Nope. The entrances on the first floor and the elevator closest to the quiet pool were closed while we were there 7/25-8/3 because the first floor was a hard hat construction zone. The pool was open.

Does anyone know if the work here has been completed yet?

So we are just back from an 11 night stay at the Wilderness Lodge and booked a 2024 bounce back at Beach Club! We have never stayed here before and are really looking forward to the stay next year. The location seems fantastic, we are usually somewhere near MK, either WL or Poly, but the deal at Beach Club was too good to pass up.

Looking forward to reading all the info in this thread and participating as the year goes on. I think my only concern is not getting a full balcony as we basically live on the balcony every night of our trip, lol. I did have the cast member that setup the package note that we would love a full balcony so hoping that at least gives us a small chance.

If anyone is currently at BC, can they see if any activity is going on with the villas remodel? They should have restarted by now.

Not sure if I'm being silly, but can anyone show/tell me the changes to the standard rooms at beach club in the most recent refurb (last few months). I looked on the first page of this thread, but it seems to show the rooms from refurb in 2015. Just wanted to see what the rooms are like now as just had our booking changed to the beach club for august next year. Thanks. 🙂

I am here now, not sure what’s happening w villas but the solarium is closed and being worked on, so we all eat outside instead of in the glorious AC
Is the inside corridor from the Marketplace out to the quiet pool back open yet?

I'm confused--are the regular resort guest rooms being refurbished at this time or just the vacation villas? Thanks so much for your help!

I'm confused--are the regular resort guest rooms being refurbished at this time or just the vacation villas? Thanks so much for your help!
They are currently refurbishing the regular BC resort rooms. They still plan to return to the villas to finish those rooms, but I don't think we know when that will happen.

Not sure if I'm being silly, but can anyone show/tell me the changes to the standard rooms at beach club in the most recent refurb (last few months). I looked on the first page of this thread, but it seems to show the rooms from refurb in 2015. Just wanted to see what the rooms are like now as just had our booking changed to the beach club for august next year. Thanks. 🙂
It's a soft goods refurb so a lot has remained from the 2015 photos. Carpeting in the rooms have been swapped for luxury vinyl (or whatever imitation wood material Disney is using), new curtains that finally block out the sun have been installed, new carpeting installed in hallways, refreshed paint, glass sliding doors in the bathroom, etc. I believe there have also been reports that the mattresses are new.

This shows some before and after photos: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2023...-themed-rooms-at-a-deluxe-disney-world-hotel/

Posting for Historical Purposes/Removed from Post 1:

Yacht & Beach Club Reopening News, 2020

What's Currently Open/Closed at Beach Club/Yacht Club/Beach Club Villas

Club Level bookings returning to resorts!

Yacht Club: January 20, 2022
Beach Club: January 27, 2022

June 26, 2021: Shower/Locker Rooms at Stormalong Bay reopen (near Beaches & Cream)

June 11, 2021: Resort Arcades reopen

May 29, 2021: Room Service/Private Dining no longer available at Yacht Club or any Disney resorts other than GF

May 20, 2021: "Beaches & Cream" takeout window opening at former Ample Hills location at Boardwalk. Monday-Friday 3 pm to 10 pm, Saturday and Sunday noon to 10 pm

May 18, 2021: Cape May Cafe reopening- See more info in Post 7, Dining at the Yacht & Beach Club:

April 2021- Virtual Waiting Line for Stormalong Bay feature pool when it reaches capacity-
See Post 2 for further information about this new policy and other SAB information.

View attachment 569593

March 2021-Ugly construction going on inside and outside the Beach Club Lobby-
Work completed April 2021

Beginning December 20, 2020 the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop To-Go Window is Closed.
We do not have info about why or when/if the window will be re-opening. The holiday shakes that guests can typically get at the to-go counter are available for purchase inside the Resort at Martha’s Vineyard.
ETA: The B&C To Go Window opens at former Ample Hills location at Boardwalk on May 20, 2021.

******************************************************************************************************

Yacht Club Reopening (August 2020)

The following offerings and experiences are available starting at the end of August at the Yacht Club. Hours of operation will be provided during your stay.

Dining
Shops
Activities
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts will reopen on August 24; Prior to this date, Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas or Luna Park Pool and the leisure pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Poolside Activities
  • Pool Cabana Rentals
  • Movies Under the Stars
  • Fitness Center
  • Seaside Retreat
  • Sports Courts
  • Fishing Excursions
Transportation
  • Bus transportation is available from this Disney Resort hotel to Magic Kingdom park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and the Disney Springs area
  • The Disney Skyliner aerial gondolas are available to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Housekeeping Service
When you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, enjoy peace of mind knowing that your room will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and a modified service every other day of your stay.

Prior to Your Arrival
Your room will undergo comprehensive cleaning—with added attention to:
  • High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
  • Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
During Your Stay
Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
In addition, housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms.

Inside Your Room
  • Individually wrapped glassware
  • Additional items that have been cleaned, sealed or wrapped in single-use packaging
If you need something on a scheduled non-service day, simply call housekeeping with the request.

Disneyworld Reopening Information

Modified Park Hopping
- insert info

Link to Reopening Historical Info

Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort Hotels, restaurants and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure. Learn more.

The parks will reopen with some important updates to promote physical distancing, including:

• Park Reservations: Initially, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required.

Here are the top things to know as you prepare to visit:

Phase 1 Information (we do not know the exact dates these guidelines will be implemented):

Resort Amenities & Recreation Activities will be modified based on physical distancing and health guidelines.

Pools
  • Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
  • Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
  • Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas

Temporary Unavailable
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
  • Arcades
  • Campfires
  • Dog parks
  • Electrical Water Pageant
  • Marina rentals
  • Pin trading
  • Playgrounds
  • Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Additionally, the following special offerings and childcare services will not be available during the initial reopening:
  • Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
  • Fun runs
  • Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
  • Hula lessons
  • In-room childcare services
  • Mermaid school
  • Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs

Information is being released on an ongoing basis, so check back here, or on the Walt Disney World website for updates.

*******************************************************************************************************

Last edited:
Posting for Historical Purposes/Removed from Post 14 Other Useful Info:

In-Room Coffee Info

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) at the BEACH CLUB now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines** and as of 2017, the renovated YACHT CLUB rooms have Keurig single brew machines

Since late 2018, some, but not all guests have reported having Keurig machines in Beach Club rooms. We have not been able to figure out how many or which rooms have these coffeemakers instead of the Cuisinart ones.

:confused3
coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg

Since late 2018, some, but not all g
Coffeepod.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella, MickeyT and Derry Wade!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods at BC, Keurig k-cups in renovated YC rooms (2017)

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods* in BC rooms, Keurig k-cup in renovated YC rooms (2017)

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig k-cup

Last edited:
Posting for Historical Purposes/Removed from Post 14: Other Useful Info:

Past Bouncebacks

Free Dining for Select 2020 Dates:

Announced August 2, 2019
Thanks to @SarahC97
  • Offer: Free QSDP for values and moderates and regular DDP for deluxes/deluxe villas
  • Must check IN on the following dates in 2020:
    • May 26 - June 2
    • June 26 - September 12
    • December 9 - December 24
  • It requires a minimum 4-night stay
  • It requires a minimum of a 4-day park hopper
  • Value & Moderate bookings get free QS dining plan.
  • Deluxe & Deluxe Villa bookings get free regular dining plan.
  • You can pay the difference to upgrade the plan.
  • If you check-in during an eligible date, you receive FD for your entire stay.
  • Excludes - All Star Movies, French Quarter, Bay Lake, Little Mermaid rooms, Grand Floridian Villas
  • This offer is available to be booked from August 1, 2019 - October 31, 2019.

2019 Free Dining BounceBack

• Free Dining for select dates and resorts in 2019. Available to be booked if you are staying at a Disney resort between now and October 31, 2018.
Dates that you would need to check-in in 2019 to have the free dining bounceback apply:

• May 28 – June 4, 2019
    • June 28 – September 7, 2019
    • December 6 – December 24, 2019

• The offer is able to be booked through October 31, 2018
    • It requires a minimum 4-night stay
    • It requires a minimum of a 4-day park hopper.
    • Values & Moderates get free QS dining plan.
    • Deluxe & Villas get free regular dining plan.
    • You can pay the difference to upgrade the plan.
The following resorts are excluded from this Bounce Back offer. Guest can still book the 2019 offer if staying at one of these resorts in 2018, but they would need to select a resort that is included in the 2019 offer.

2018 Room Only BounceBack

2017 Free Dining BounceBack

Bounce%20Back%202017%20free%20dining.jpg

The dates for the 2017 Free Dining bounceback for current WDW resort guests:

5/30-6/6/17
6/30-7/5/17
8/11-9/9/17
12/8-12/20/17

Must be booked by September 30, 2016 (or possibly Oct 31 from some reports)

2017 Room Only Bounceback

Bounce%20Back%202017%20Room%20Only.png

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Saving based on the discounted price of the same room. Additional per-adult price applies if more than 2 adults in a room in a Disney Moderate or Deluxe Resorts. Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. This offer is only available to guests of Walt Disney World Resort Hotels and is non-transferable. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes 3 bedroom villas and campsites.

Please remember, you must book your bounceback WHILE you are at the resort. There is usually a one night stay deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter