Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Question for anyone currently there- do the gift shops currently have the coppertone water babies sunscreen spray?

Recently returned from three hotel split stay, ending with YC. I was booked on the old garden/woods view with specific request close to lobby and ground floor, got none of that request but was upgraded to a water view near the lighthouse, on a higher floor, which ended up was really nice.

Recently returned from three hotel split stay, ending with YC. I was booked on the old garden/woods view with specific request close to lobby and ground floor, got none of that request but was upgraded to a water view near the lighthouse, on a higher floor, which ended up was really nice.
I wonder if they're trying to give small view upgrades to those who booked under the old categories, knowing this is going to be an issue with those guests who have an expectation for at least what they booked. If so, I guess that's great, but I do know that one person's upgrade is not necessarily another's. I usually just want what I paid for. That's why I book it in the first place.

Staying at Yacht Club on a girls trip. We should be there around 1pm. My plan on arrival day was to just hang out at the pool and get a late lunch/early dinner by the pool. Does the pool bar have food also? Thanks

Staying at Yacht Club on a girls trip. We should be there around 1pm. My plan on arrival day was to just hang out at the pool and get a late lunch/early dinner by the pool. Does the pool bar have food also? Thanks
Yes here is some of the foods: Hurricane Hannah’s at Stormalong Bay. Waiters and or waitresses will also take orders along Stormalong Bay. You can also order food at Ale and Compass to go and pick it up ourselves or order food at Ale and Compass Marketplace (YC marketplace to go food) and pick it up ourselves and bring it to Stormalong Bay or the quiet pools. Check the menus on the MDE app.

Attachments

• IMG_5105.png
    IMG_5105.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5103.png
    IMG_5103.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5106.png
    IMG_5106.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5104.png
    IMG_5104.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5107.png
    IMG_5107.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 6
Does anyone know the current pool hours for Stormalong Bay? I see it is usually 10am, but sometimes in the summer 9am. Hoping for 9am so we can use it a bit on checkout day!

I am wondering if I messed up . . . had a 2 bedroom booked at SSR for cash for 1 night and on DVC points the other 3 nights on Thurs-Mon, Labor Day weekend (last minute trip and that was the only place fully available). Well I just checked the DVC website and a 1 BR at BC is available for all 4 nights so I called and modified, and bought 20 OTU points. DH really wants to be in a 2 BR, but we are only going to be there to sleep so I think a 1 BR is fine. It's just DH, me, his brother and wife going. They are not paying anything for this stay. In my thinking, a 1 BR at BC is way better than 2 BR at SSR any day of the week. He didn't want them to sleep on a foldout sofa bed, but since they have just remodeled and put murphy beds at BC now, I don't see any issue, maybe except for not having 2 bathrooms. Did I make the right choice? We've never stayed at BC or SSR so going in blind at both resorts.

I am wondering if I messed up . . . had a 2 bedroom booked at SSR for cash for 1 night and on DVC points the other 3 nights on Thurs-Mon, Labor Day weekend (last minute trip and that was the only place fully available). Well I just checked the DVC website and a 1 BR at BC is available for all 4 nights so I called and modified, and bought 20 OTU points. DH really wants to be in a 2 BR, but we are only going to be there to sleep so I think a 1 BR is fine. It's just DH, me, his brother and wife going. They are not paying anything for this stay. In my thinking, a 1 BR at BC is way better than 2 BR at SSR any day of the week. He didn't want them to sleep on a foldout sofa bed, but since they have just remodeled and put murphy beds at BC now, I don't see any issue, maybe except for not having 2 bathrooms. Did I make the right choice? We've never stayed at BC or SSR so going in blind at both resorts.
But they haven't finished remodeling BCV yet. As far as I know, the Murphy beds are only on two floors. The other 3 floors still have the foldout sofa bed in the living room. I've lost track of whether they are supposed to be done by Labor Day weekend.

We've never stayed at BC or SSR so going in blind at both resorts.
Beach Club villas is a great resort because of its location. It is right next to Epcot and close to Hollywood Studios. The Skyliner is close, too. Storm Along Bay is a nice place to hang out. But a one bedroom villa means that your in-laws will have to sleep in the living room and share the one bathroom with you.

SSR would give them their own bedroom and bathroom, but you have to take a bus everyone and it is really spread out.

There's pros and cons to each situation.

But they haven't finished remodeling BCV yet. As far as I know, the Murphy beds are only on two floors. The other 3 floors still have the foldout sofa bed in the living room. I've lost track of whether they are supposed to be done by Labor Day weekend.
Oh dear! I didn’t realize they weren’t done yet. That could be a dealbreaker for us then. DH really wants us to be in a 2 Bedroom and he’s already gonna flip when I tell him I swapped us to a 1 BR so if it doesn’t have a Murphey bed, he will definitely be furious at me. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll be trying to see what I can find out on that timeline.

Beach Club villas is a great resort because of its location. It is right next to Epcot and close to Hollywood Studios. The Skyliner is close, too. Storm Along Bay is a nice place to hang out. But a one bedroom villa means that your in-laws will have to sleep in the living room and share the one bathroom with you.

SSR would give them their own bedroom and bathroom, but you have to take a bus everyone and it is really spread out.

There's pros and cons to each situation.
You are right! You really can’t be the location of BC and I would love to be able to chill at Stormalong Bay. I don’t mind us all sharing a bathroom since we will barely even be in the room the whole trip. And they staying for free so I feel like beggars can’t be choosers about where they sleep. A Murphy bed will be comfortable for them I’d think.

SSR is very spread out and I’m not a fan of that at all plus the bus situation. We are normally Monorail resort people, which we love. I always say the less bus rides the better.

You are right! You really can’t be the location of BC and I would love to be able to chill at Stormalong Bay. I don’t mind us all sharing a bathroom since we will barely even be in the room the whole trip. And they staying for free so I feel like beggars can’t be choosers about where they sleep. A Murphy bed will be comfortable for them I’d think.

SSR is very spread out and I’m not a fan of that at all plus the bus situation. We are normally Monorail resort people, which we love. I always say the less bus rides the better.
DVC announced recently that the BCV refurb will start back up in August, and they hope to finish by “late October.” So you need to request “high floor” because the 4th & 5th floors are the only ones with Murphy beds at this time.

DVC announced recently that the BCV refurb will start back up in August, and they hope to finish by “late October.” So you need to request “high floor” because the 4th & 5th floors are the only ones with Murphy beds at this time.
Gotcha. That’s just what I’ll do. I always request a high floor no matter where I’m staying anyways so that will be a normal request for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter