Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So, are regular resort rooms at BC being renovated or not?

There is a lot of conflicting information out there.

Disney's official page only mentions the Villas.

Does anyone know for sure?

On another note, there used to be the Boardwalk Bakery I see is now closed since my last trip, slightly disappointed on that. I enjoyed going over there on an early morning for the coffee cake while the others in my group sleep in, and I could do a loop around the Boardwalk, then sit outside and chill out with some coffee and coffee cake. It was strangely a decent enough price for the size I thought, which is something to be said around Disney property. Is there something similar around the Boardwalk area at this time with this on the menu? I see a Cake Bake Shop coming in soon, but doesn't seem it is going to be open when I'll be there in June.
If you have a park hopper and you can rearrange your reservations, you can walk over to France and enjoy the offerings at the bakery there.

Disney really screwed up by requiring park reservations.

I'll stop there.

~NM

If you have a park hopper and you can rearrange your reservations, you can walk over to France and enjoy the offerings at the bakery there.

Disney really screwed up by requiring park reservations.

I'll stop there.

~NM

This is one of the reasons I want to make 8 consecuitve Epcot park reservations for my upcoming trip. I'd love to pop in for breakfast pastries to bring back to my teens who don't wake up early. And we are never doing any of the parks before 2pm anyway in the dead of summer. We are late afternoon/evening park tourists in the summer. I don't mind a morning stroll to France while my boys snooze.

I
This is one of the reasons I want to make 8 consecuitve Epcot park reservations for my upcoming trip. I'd love to pop in for breakfast pastries to bring back to my teens who don't wake up early. And we are never doing any of the parks before 2pm anyway in the dead of summer. We are late afternoon/evening park tourists in the summer. I don't mind a morning stroll to France while my boys snooze.
Sounds like a great idea! Not being able to run in and out of Epcot is my main objection to park reservations and 2PM hopping.

Last edited:
So, are regular resort rooms at BC being renovated or not?

There is a lot of conflicting information out there.

Disney's official page only mentions the Villas.

Does anyone know for sure?

Yes, the regular rooms are being renovated. It seems the renovations are to be finished in the fall, so I’m guessing they are changing out the flooring and doing a few other minor upgrades.

It’s going to be interesting. I have a CL WV with a request of Room 5227 or that side for October.
There aren't any club level water view rooms that overlook the quiet pool at either the Yacht Club or Beach Club. The rooms that face the quiet pools are fourth floor and lower and cl is on the 5th floor. :)

No map (I've called and asked, but the CMs claim they don't have one), but they did confirm the redesignation of some standard rooms to resort view, and all quiet pool-facing garden views to water view.

Here's how Disney describes them now:

View attachment 763856

Back in April, my reservation randomly changed from garden view to water view. No one could figure out why, and the price I was being charged had not changed. They must have accidentally changed the room categories early!

Even having enjoyed my view of the quiet pool (for the garden view price), I would definitely not consider it interchangeable with a view of the lake!

Back in April, my reservation randomly changed from garden view to water view. No one could figure out why, and the price I was being charged had not changed. They must have accidentally changed the room categories early!

Even having enjoyed my view of the quiet pool (for the garden view price), I would definitely not consider it interchangeable with a view of the lake!
That's odd -- we reserved garden/woods view (it still appears as "garden/woods view" on MDE), but when I've called to ask questions about the room recategorizations, the CMs on the other end say that from their end, they see "resort view," because all garden/woods views have already been converted as such in their internal system.

If your garden view became a water view, congratulations! You got upgraded. :)

If your garden view became a water view, congratulations! You got upgraded. :)

Not really. The YC quiet pool was previously categorized as garden view. So if the poster booked garden & got the quiet pool, she would have gotten what she should have with what the categories were when she booked.

Not really. The YC quiet pool was previously categorized as garden view. So if the poster booked garden & got the quiet pool, she would have gotten what she should have with what the categories were when she booked.
That's true... but now they theoretically have the chance to get assigned a lake view, which they didn't have before.

At least now they don't have to worry about having booked garden view, and ending up with a former-standard room with a rooftop view -- something those of us who've been effectively downgraded from garden/woods view (view of garden or quiet pool) to resort view (view of garden, rooftop or parking lot) are worried about.*

*NOTE: As I related quite a bit earlier in this thread, I've contacted Disney 3 different times, and gotten 3 different answers, as to whether I could end up with a rooftop or parking lot view, even though I paid extra for a "garden/woods view" room to avoid such views, and to have the privilege of being able to at least request a quiet pool view, even if it wasn't granted. I'm cautiously optimistic that when it comes to honoring feasible room requests and assigning rooms, Disney will grandfather us into the room categories as they were when I booked, but I'm steeling myself for the possibility that they won't, at least not without my politely insisting on it.

Yes, the regular rooms are being renovated. It seems the renovations are to be finished in the fall, so I’m guessing they are changing out the flooring and doing a few other minor upgrades.
Yesssss thank you for the information. Do you know if the 5th floor club level is completed?

Last edited:
Yesssss thank you for the information. Do you know if the 5th floor club level is completed?

I did some snooping on FB and I found these pictures. I think they are from the 5th floor. It looks like no more carpet, raised beds, new curtains, new sofa, and glass door instead of shower curtain.

The FB group is called Disney Beach and Yacht Club and post is from May 19th.

Attachments

• IMG_9348.png
    IMG_9348.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_9349.png
    IMG_9349.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_9350.png
    IMG_9350.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 138
I did some snooping on FB and I found these pictures. I think they are from the 5th floor. It looks like no more carpet, raised beds, new curtains, new sofa, and glass door instead of shower curtain.

Thanks for the update and the pictures. It looks like they took out the hideous Roman shades and replaced them with curtains. I guess they actually heard people's complaints about the Roman shades letting in too much light. :)

The Roman shades were in the Beach Club rooms that had the door and small window instead of a sliding balcony door. These rooms were mostly the rooms on the top floors of each section of the resort. None of the Yacht Club rooms had the Roman shades.

Thank you! I was wondering photos of the refreshed rooms would 'materialize.'

Thanks for the update and the pictures. It looks like they took out the hideous Roman shades and replaced them with curtains. I guess they actually heard people's complaints about the Roman shades letting in too much light. :)

The Roman shades were in the Beach Club rooms that had the door and small window instead of a sliding balcony door. These rooms were mostly the rooms on the top floors of each section of the resort. None of the Yacht Club rooms had the Roman shades.

Oh my gosh, I thought the exact same thing! We had a fourth floor room with the Roman shades on our last trip and the light that came in was insane. After last trip, I actually swore off those rooms and planned on requesting a room without them.

So glad to see the hard floors and the raised beds. It makes the room so much less cluttered when you can store luggage and shoes under the bed!!

I love the raised beds. Kinda hate the hard floors. They always feel dirty and gritty to me. I wish they would have put down the area rugs under the beds like they did at GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter