Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just switched our reservation to Beach Club Standard View. Quick question, are there any rooms in this category with a balcony?

Trip update
Just returning from a fantastic girls trip with my daughters.
First, put in a chat request for refurbished room , did not get it we were placed on the second floor. Our room was ready by noon , which was terrific. In fact our last 3 stays our rooms have been ready by noon . We book at BCV.
SAB was busy, only one out of 6 days did we not get a seat. We went to the DVC pool which was not crowded at all. There was a few towel only chairs we noticed but mainly people were in most chairs At SAB. Our cabana rental was awesome as usual.
upon arrival we received a basket of snacks. Bags of potato chips, pretzels, cookies, rice crispy treats. We also received a fruit tray and a dessert tray throughout the day. The fridge had Coke,Diet Coke, Mini waters, Sprite and apple juice boxes.
They now have a mini fridge with wet rolled towels( cooling towels ) in each cabana, our CM said they are trying something new.
As usual all staff was spectacular. The ice machines in the Marketplace were not working so the staff had to put out large ice cube containers for drinks.
Over at Yacht one of their Freestyle machines were down. We love all of the Zero Vitamin choices those machines offer.
Characters were roaming lobby at Yacht Club.

Trip update
Just returning from a fantastic girls trip with my daughters.
First, put in a chat request for refurbished room , did not get it we were placed on the second floor. Our room was ready by noon , which was terrific. In fact our last 3 stays our rooms have been ready by noon . We book at BCV.
SAB was busy, only one out of 6 days did we not get a seat. We went to the DVC pool which was not crowded at all. There was a few towel only chairs we noticed but mainly people were in most chairs At SAB. Our cabana rental was awesome as usual.
upon arrival we received a basket of snacks. Bags of potato chips, pretzels, cookies, rice crispy treats. We also received a fruit tray and a dessert tray throughout the day. The fridge had Coke,Diet Coke, Mini waters, Sprite and apple juice boxes.
They now have a mini fridge with wet rolled towels( cooling towels ) in each cabana, our CM said they are trying something new.
As usual all staff was spectacular. The ice machines in the Marketplace were not working so the staff had to put out large ice cube containers for drinks.
Over at Yacht one of their Freestyle machines were down. We love all of the Zero Vitamin choices those machines offer.
Characters were roaming lobby at Yacht Club.
Sounds like a great trip. 😃

With the current construction, can you still walk between the Poly and the Grand?

Sorry wrong thread.

Just booked our stay at the YC… our first time! We’ve stayed at the BC before so sort of familiar with the property. I requested a first floor room. Any thoughts on first floor rooms?

Just booked our stay at the YC… our first time! We’ve stayed at the BC before so sort of familiar with the property. I requested a first floor room. Any thoughts on first floor rooms?
1684676463441.png 1684676566698.png 1684676869873.png1684676932315.png
Last August, our room was on the first floor. As with everything, it had good and not so good points. I was a bit concerned about feeling "exposed" as we were on the end and about as far away from the lobby as you can get. But I ended up enjoying it. I did feel a little more exposed than on a higher floor .Our room's location included a gazebo type covering just beyond the patio. There were also boarder type plants. These things helped. We were right on the pathway around the lake. We loved the view. My tiny froggy friend came to visit me when I had my moring coffee. We enjoyed leaving for the parks and coming back quickly through the very close "secret door." Although quite far away form Stormalong Bay, I would walk around the outside and use the secret door to get back to the room avoiding going into the elevator door near the lobby. We did need to clip the drapes more than usual (clothes pins) to really keep them closed. But all things considered, it was a good room.

View attachment 761874 View attachment 761876 View attachment 761877View attachment 761878
Last August, our room was on the first floor. As with everything, it had good and not so good points. I was a bit concerned about feeling "exposed" as we were on the end and about as far away from the lobby as you can get. But I ended up enjoying it. I did feel a little more exposed than on a higher floor .Our room's location included a gazebo type covering just beyond the patio. There were also boarder type plants. These things helped. We were right on the pathway around the lake. We loved the view. My tiny froggy friend came to visit me when I had my moring coffee. We enjoyed leaving for the parks and coming back quickly through the very close "secret door." Although quite far away form Stormalong Bay, I would walk around the outside and use the secret door to get back to the room avoiding going into the elevator door near the lobby. We did need to clip the drapes more than usual (clothes pins) to really keep them closed. But all things considered, it was a good room.
Thanks for responding! That must be a water view room. The location looks perfect to me. We are booked in a resort view but hoping for some pixie dust since we are celebrating a big birthday. Can you tell me about the “secret door”? I’m not familiar with it.

Can you tell me about the “secret door”? I’m not familiar with it.
Ii is located on the Epcot of the BC and is not vary well marked but it does provide ease access to an A/C hallway the goes all the way to the lobby.

If you happen to be staying near 1503 then is it very handy for forst floor or even upper floors without walking all the way to the lobby elevators.

Dave

Just switched our reservation to Beach Club Standard View. Quick question, are there any rooms in this category with a balcony?
Approximately 50% of the standard view rooms have a full balcony. Most of the rest of them have a small standing balcony. I think there might be a couple that don't have a balcony, although I'm not sure about that.
Can you tell me about the “secret door”? I’m not familiar with it.
What they are calling the secret door is really just a fire exit for the building. The Yacht Club has two very convenient exit doors that are on the side of the resort that face Epcot and near the boat dock. There is another exit door near the gazebo. There are a couple of the exit doors on the quiet pool side of the resort, too. All the fire exit doors have a keypad to unlock the dock. Only guests staying at the Yacht Club can get into the building.

There is also a similar door at the YC that allows you to sort of bypass all winding hallways on the way to the lobby or the dock area if you are way down on the far end of the resort. There is a small elevator in that area too—I think it go near the indoor laundry in that area. I’m sure someone has a little more info about the precise area or a link to a map or picture.

The secret door was amazing when we were there. If I were on the ground floor I wouldn't want to be in one of the rooms right next to it! Could be noisy. We had a room overlooking the quiet pool and I thought it was a very nice view (though not ground floor).

What bus zone is the Yacht Club at Magic Kingdom? I found a top-down numbered map but it’s from 2020. It still had the S/D bus stop listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter