Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

A reserved sign? People put reserved signs or the resort does?
The Dolphin had the ability to reserve lounge chairs online away from the splash zone and near the bar area. I don't see it listed anywhere online so it may be gone for now.

Dave

I don’t know for sure but must be the hotel as they were all the same type of sign. This was our first time at Swan or Dolphin & we were only there for 3 nights. That was the only time we were going to go to the pool, so when we walked by & saw there didn’t seem to be anywhere to sit, we never went back.

The Dolphin had the ability to reserve lounge chairs online away from the splash zone and near the bar area. I don't see it listed anywhere online so it may be gone for now.

Dave

Huh. There must still be someway to do it, maybe at the hotel? I didn’t know about reserving them. But the day we walked by, every chair was either occupied or had that reserved sign.

At stormalong bay, it has been so hard to find spots to sit because….THERE ARE SO MANY CHAIRS AND BEDS WITH TOWELS THAT STAYS EMPY ALL DAY LONG!
Sorry, but I find this so annoying, disrespectful and crazy. Please, don’t be that kind of people. I can’t sit in a place that has a towel, I don’t want to take other people spots, I would feel bad about that, but it’s ridiculous that you have to Guess is someone is ever going to be back to a spot or not
I think if they aren't sitting in the chair, it's not their chair. Just go ahead sit in an empty chair. You'll likely be gone before they come back to claim it. I think most people just need to put their stuff down somewhere while they swim. It should be first come first served. Saving empty chairs for hours just makes no sense.
I think it's ruder (more rude?) to save a seat that you don't use and no one else can either for many hours than it is to sit in a chair with a random towel on it while no one else is sitting in it.

I think if they aren't sitting in the chair, it's not their chair. Just go ahead sit in an empty chair. You'll likely be gone before they come back to claim it. I think most people just need to put their stuff down somewhere while they swim. It should be first come first served. Saving empty chairs for hours just makes no sense.
I think it's ruder (more rude?) to save a seat that you don't use and no one else can either for many hours than it is to sit in a chair with a random towel on it while no one else is sitting in it.
I agree

Just my daughter and I for an adult girl's trip. I am trying to figure out if we can bring our pool floats that are the exact same ones that they use in their lazy river?
I've seen posts that people have had to wait 45-60 min for a float so wanted to bring the same seat floats that they use. Is this allowed?
and if not what about pool noodles are we allowed to use those?
You can bring your own float as long as it is clear and similar to the floats at SAB. You can bring pool noodles.

I've never had to wait more than about ten minutes for a float on the lazy river. You just have to be diligent and watch for people who are getting out of the pool. :)

Cruising is my other favorite vacation. On cruise fan sites, the people that do this kind of thing are referred to as "chair hogs."

This gives me an idea. I am getting tired of waking up so early for RD. I will buy one of those Romper Room punching bags.View attachment 755308 I could get up at midnight and run over to HS or EP and place it by a security checkpoint to hold my place in line. I'll go back to YC, go to sleep, and just breeze in at the last minute. Then, I could put the bag at the inner rope, go drink coffee on a bench, and breeze back to the rope at park open.
Yeah I came to say this, chair hogs moving to land, ugh.

I have absolutely no chill and will sit there anyway tbh. True chair hogs don’t even come back and if they do they can take it up with a CM and explain why they thought they had rights to a chair all day long while they were at Epcot or wherever.

Does anyone have a picture of the floats for the lazy river, or maybe can describe them? I cannot maneuver a large tube without hurting my back. Trying to figure out if these would be easier. Thanks!

If I see just a towel and no personal belongings, I remove the towel and sit down. It's never, ever been an issue. No one has ever come up and claimed the chair. Chair saving is rude as all heck. I don't put up with it. When we go in the pool, we leave clothing items on each chair we are using, along with the towel.

We are staying at BC in 30 days! Woo Hoo!
Just my daughter and I for an adult girl's trip. I am trying to figure out if we can bring our pool floats that are the exact same ones that they use in their lazy river?
I've seen posts that people have had to wait 45-60 min for a float so wanted to bring the same seat floats that they use. Is this allowed?
and if not what about pool noodles are we allowed to use those?
We stayed there in 2019 and saw some older ladies with pool noodles but were told they don't rent or sell them that those ladies brough their own.

You can bring your own float as long as it is clear and similar to the floats at SAB. You can bring pool noodles.

I've never had to wait more than about ten minutes for a float on the lazy river. You just have to be diligent and watch for people who are getting out of the pool. :)

We just came home from a lovely long week at Y&B and spent many long days at SAB. I agree with Wood Nymph-we usually did not have to wait long for floats-my longest wait was about 10 mins and most times I didn’t wait at all. The problem is they often get hung up in the deeper parts of the lazy river and the younger kids are more willing to jump in and get them rather than wait for them to come around. Early in our trip I was trying to be nice and I was grabbing them while floating and bringing them back to where they leave them in front of the windmill so that people could get to them easier but a guest went storming to the lifeguard pointing fingers at me accusing me of hogging all the tubes (I had three I was bringing back at the time that I had grabbed from the deeper waters to drop off at the main place people wait) and she kept arguing with me that she one time saw me using three for two complete trips around the lazy river (it was never more than half a time around just to bring them back to the shallow water). When no one was waiting for tubes and there were plenty available I was propping my legs in a second one but as soon as someone was waiting I gave the second one up. Guess it doesn’t pay to be nice so I stopped fetching them after that and let people fend for themselves.

We actually own some pool floats that are identical to the ones there that I purchased after the pandemic when they were having supply issues and never seemed to have enough. We brought them down a couple times but even though our names were on them and we put ribbons on them to distinguish them, we still got questioned for bring them back to our chairs by both cast members and guests until word got around. We also found out in talking to the coordinators at SAB it gets dangerous to have too many in the lazy river because they tend to get bunched up and with all the bodies it is really hard to see the water well so they only like to keep about 25-30 in at any given time for safety reasons. In addition, it’s a pain to blow them up, they take up a lot of space, they are awkward to carry for the walk to the pool and you are probably going to be stopped on the way back to your room to be told that you can’t take the floats from the pool deck. Given all that, we decided it isn’t worth the hassle and decided not to bring them this trip and it was absolutely the right call. Just my two cents (or maybe four) from someone who has done it.

Pool noodles are definitely allowed and much easier to deal with but you do need to bring your own.

Enjoy your trip!

Ninja Mom's rule for chair hogs is: If the chair has nothing but a resort towel on it you can use it. If you are afraid of confrontation when Piggy returns, then drag the chair to your preferred location. Piggy won't be able to tell who took "their" chair and the problem is solved.

~NM

I have a 100% honest, non-snarky question about the pool chairs.

I totally understand not hogging pool chairs. But…I’m wondering where I should put my stuff when I’m at the pool? At minimum, I’d have a cover-up and sunscreen with me. What’s the etiquette on that?

I totally understand not hogging pool chairs. But…I’m wondering where I should put my stuff when I’m at the pool? At minimum, I’d have a cover-up and sunscreen with me. What’s the etiquette on that?
If you are going to want to lounge in a chair and not just stay in the water the whole time, it's fine to put your things on a chair - you might want to spread the towels out on the chair like how they would be for lounging and then put your things on the chair while you are in the water.

That is fine. Just place your belongings spread out ON the actual seat of the chair. Make it clear that chair belongs to someone who is in the pool and is coming back. Place your shoes on the chair as well, or underneath it.

What we are all ranting about is people who place JUST a clean towel on a chair and think they can come back 5 hours later to "their" chair that they "saved."

But…I’m wondering where I should put my stuff when I’m at the pool? At minimum, I’d have a cover-up and sunscreen with me. What’s the etiquette on that?
I'd really like to see them put out shelves or something for people to put their things on while they're swimming. Part of why people leave things on chairs is that there's nowhere else to put them. And if everyone in your group is swimming and there's not a non-swimmer to sit with your stuff...? I'm going to try not to bring anything with us to the pool so I don't have to worry about this. I've seen those little purse sized chair lockers that you can lock your stuff in, but it presents the same chair-hogging problem. I know they offer lockers, but something closer to poolside would be nice. I'm not sure what the perfect solution would be.

Thanks for asking this. I had the same question and now I know. :)

Is it easier to find an available chair at the quiet pool at Yacht Club? Cruising is brutal for chairs by the pool and was hoping that this would be more relaxing..now I am worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter