Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

YC isn't real wood - it's like Pergo type flooring.
Yeah, I would assume it was for cost and also for ease of maintenance. It’s lovely though, and one reason we decided to go with YC when we made this trip a split as opposed to BC even though the price difference was negligible. The BC room I had in 2019 wasn’t terrible at all, but the YC room I had in 2021 felt a lot nicer and a lot of that is down to the lack of carpet tbh. We are also balcony folks and liked to have one guaranteed.

Yeah, I would assume it was for cost and also for ease of maintenance. It’s lovely though, and one reason we decided to go with YC when we made this trip a split as opposed to BC even though the price difference was negligible. The BC room I had in 2019 wasn’t terrible at all, but the YC room I had in 2021 felt a lot nicer and a lot of that is down to the lack of carpet tbh. We are also balcony folks and liked to have one guaranteed.
We thought the Yacht Club rooms were very nice too. I like the sleekness of the non-carpeted floors.

One trip during my planning, I read posts about how hard it was to effectively clean carpets between guests, so I brought along an ultraviolet light to see just how bad it was.... big mistake.

From that day forward, I will never go barefoot in a carpeted hotel room.... I don't know what all those huge "puddles" and splashes were - could have been coffee spills - but it was pretty disgusting. And this was in the BC, but I'm sure all carpeted floors are pretty much the same in all the resorts.

That's also why the hotel industry as a whole get rid of bed spreads and went more with easier to clean duvets.

One trip during my planning, I read posts about how hard it was to effectively clean carpets between guests, so I brought along an ultraviolet light to see just how bad it was.... big mistake.

From that day forward, I will never go barefoot in a carpeted hotel room.... I don't know what all those huge "puddles" and splashes were - could have been coffee spills - but it was pretty disgusting. And this was in the BC, but I'm sure all carpeted floors are pretty much the same in all the resorts.

That's also why the hotel industry as a whole get rid of bed spreads and went more with easier to clean duvets.
My family always made fun of me for bringing slippers and never going barefoot in carpeted hotel rooms...now I feel vindicated! And a little grossed out. :crazy2:

I believe it…I can’t believe anyone goes barefoot in hotel rooms, honestly!

OMG! I always do this, I bring a black light flashlight with me to check for bedbugs and to make sure the linens are clean. Happily most rooms I have stayed at usually have gross wall stains and CEILING stains with the light but the beds always check out okay. My kid loves being the room inspector, it's like a game for him while I'm doing my alcohol wipes on all the surfaces we would touch.

Unpopular opinion, but I dislike hard floors in a hotel room. They are not any cleaner. They get dusty and ALL that dust sticks to your feet when you walk around. Carpets might hold onto a lot of grime, but at least it doesn't stick to your feet when you walk around on it. It stays ground into the carpet for the most part. Hard floors are also LOUD. You can hear every step and suitcase roll of the people in the room above you.

I like what they did in the new GF rooms...hard floors with area rugs where the beds are. Hate stepping out of bed onto a hard floor.

I thought I preferred carpet but now like the hardwoods but always have slippers or socks in all hotels. Yuck to all floors lol. I would never bring a black light. If I saw anything I would not be able to stay there 🤢 well I guess if you can see bed bugs then that’s a good idea but anything else no way!

I thought I preferred carpet but now like the hardwoods but always have slippers or socks in all hotels. Yuck to all floors lol. I would never bring a black light. If I saw anything I would not be able to stay there 🤢 well I guess if you can see bed bugs then that’s a good idea but anything else no way!

I always wear socks or flip flips in a hotel room too, but at night when I'm hopping out of bed to use the bathroom, it's just bare feet, and hard floors feel so gross underfoot to me.

I always wear socks or flip flips in a hotel room too, but at night when I'm hopping out of bed to use the bathroom, it's just bare feet, and hard floors feel so gross underfoot to me.
Maybe some cheap slippers to keep by your bed for those bathroom trips might do the trick! If I think about all of it too much I get grossed out, pillows, decorative pillows, floors, curtains, all the things. I try to shut out as much as I can on vaca lol!

Maybe some cheap slippers to keep by your bed for those bathroom trips might do the trick! If I think about all of it too much I get grossed out, pillows, decorative pillows, floors, curtains, all the things. I try to shut out as much as I can on vaca lol!

Decorative pillows in hotel rooms have always grossed me out. I assume they aren't machine washable. I don't want them on the bed.

Hello! We are arriving at the Y&B in a couple days and we were wondering if anyone there now could tell us if they are still using the U-shaped floats in the lazy river at SAB and if so, what the availability has been.

We are here now and yes, the floats are the U-shaped ones where the little seat is under water.

There are definitely not enough of them in there. It’s luck of the draw, but I waited 25 minutes for one the other day.

Staying at YC for a week. I have an serious enough allergy to dogs that my trip would be ruined if I ended up in a room with dog dander. Is there any way for me to request a room that hasn't had a dog in it?

Staying at YC for a week. I have an serious enough allergy to dogs that my trip would be ruined if I ended up in a room with dog dander. Is there any way for me to request a room that hasn't had a dog in it?
You can call Disney and have a request for a deep cleaning for allergies added to your reservation. They can add your dog allergy to the notes. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter