Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I don't think I've seen this reported, apologies if it has, but an update since I think this is tracked on page 1. YC/BC has a new General Manager as of sometime in the last month or two... Diane Petit, formerly the GM at CR. YC/BC's former GM (Kim Marinaccio) moved to CR. I think there have been several other GM changes around property but not sure specifics. FWIW.

I don't think I've seen this reported, apologies if it has, but an update since I think this is tracked on page 1. YC/BC has a new General Manager as of sometime in the last month or two... Diane Petit, formerly the GM at CR. YC/BC's former GM (Kim Marinaccio) moved to CR. I think there have been several other GM changes around property but not sure specifics. FWIW.
They switched managers?!? Darn. I always thought the CR was better managed/run than YC in the past. Anyone notice any changes?

They switched managers?!? Darn. I always thought the CR was better managed/run than YC in the past. Anyone notice any changes?

I’m no expert on this kind of stuff so don’t take my word as fact but I think GM changes, promotions, etc are pretty common every 5 or so years and I think many have been in place a number of years now, including the Covid closure period. Others may have better info, but that’s my impression.

I’m no expert on this kind of stuff so don’t take my word as fact but I think GM changes, promotions, etc are pretty common every 5 or so years and I think many have been in place a number of years now, including the Covid closure period. Others may have better info, but that’s my impression.
Yup, if you follow the folks who have been managing the resorts at WDW for years on things like LinkedIn they tend to move every few years - keep things fresh/new for the teams at each of the resorts it appears…

We were at YC just a month or so ago and service was very good. Actually, it was EXCEPTIONALLY good. Every staff member I ran into was fantastic. I had a Cast Member WALK me to an elevator I didn't know existed, because it was quicker access. This is why Disney continues to get our money. Above and beyond.

We were at YC just a month or so ago and service was very good. Actually, it was EXCEPTIONALLY good. Every staff member I ran into was fantastic. I had a Cast Member WALK me to an elevator I didn't know existed, because it was quicker access. This is why Disney continues to get our money. Above and beyond.
We stayed at YC in November for the first time and we also thought the service was phenomenal. We are totally hooked and don't want to stay anywhere else after such a fantastic trip.

We were booked at the YC with the 25% annual passholder discount for arrival on Sunday, April 16th. Out of the blue I decided to check to see what was available for our dates with the discount and a Beach Club garden/woods view room was available! We usually stay at whichever is cheaper, BC or YC and it has been awhile since we have been able to get a discounted room at the BC. But today was my lucky day. This is why you should never give up on trying to get what you want - although I will admit that I like the YC rooms better. :)

New reservation:
Beach Club - April 16-20th, 2023 :)

We plan to spend plenty of time at Storm Along Bay and hop in and out of Epcot, as usual. :)

We were booked at the YC with the 25% annual passholder discount for arrival on Sunday, April 16th. Out of the blue I decided to check to see what was available for our dates with the discount and a Beach Club garden/woods view room was available! We usually stay at whichever is cheaper, BC or YC and it has been awhile since we have been able to get a discounted room at the BC. But today was my lucky day. This is why you should never give up on trying to get what you want - although I will admit that I like the YC rooms better. :)

New reservation:
Beach Club - April 16-20th, 2023 :)

We plan to spend plenty of time at Storm Along Bay and hop in and out of Epcot, as usual. :)

Our trip there starts the 18th.

Hoping crowds die down, not so hot, :D but we are prepared to have fun!

Hello,

My waitlist came through for a dedicated 2 bedroom Beach Club Villa for late Oct/early Nov! We've never stayed at BC before, and the reason for staying is that my wife and oldest daughter had a Cape May reservation last time they were at WDW, and walked around the resort before the reservation and saw Stormalong Bay and they were sold. I'm more of a Wilderness Lodge enthusiast myself, but ya got to do what makes the rest of the family happy, am I right lol?

I know that BCV is doing a soft goods refurb (including Murphy beds), but saw something about it being delayed?

If I want to increase my chances at getting a room with the pull down murphy bed in the living room, which room numbers would be best to request (upper floors refurb completed I think)? I saw on the first page that only some dedicated 2 bedroom villas have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. Are the rooms that have had 1 queen bed and a pull out sofa bed also getting a murphy pull down bed in the second bedroom? Ideally, if I could get a dedicated 2 bedroom villa with 2 queen beds in the second bedroom, a murphy pull down bed in the living room, and also be as close as possible to either the bus transportation or the lobby or Stormalong Bay, that would be awesome if I could pull it off.

Basically I'm trying to avoid anyone having to sleep on a pull out sofa. There will be 3 adults (Me, wife, and our adult son), 1 teen, and two elementary school kiddos. We stayed in a Boardwalk Villa for one night on our last family trip and the pull out sofa was horrible for everyone. Even the kids didn't like it.

If anyone has any particular room numbers they would suggest, please let me know. I haven't put any request in my TouringPlans room request yet.

Thank you kindly!

Hello,

My waitlist came through for a dedicated 2 bedroom Beach Club Villa for late Oct/early Nov! We've never stayed at BC before, and the reason for staying is that my wife and oldest daughter had a Cape May reservation last time they were at WDW, and walked around the resort before the reservation and saw Stormalong Bay and they were sold. I'm more of a Wilderness Lodge enthusiast myself, but ya got to do what makes the rest of the family happy, am I right lol?

I know that BCV is doing a soft goods refurb (including Murphy beds), but saw something about it being delayed?

If I want to increase my chances at getting a room with the pull down murphy bed in the living room, which room numbers would be best to request (upper floors refurb completed I think)? I saw on the first page that only some dedicated 2 bedroom villas have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. Are the rooms that have had 1 queen bed and a pull out sofa bed also getting a murphy pull down bed in the second bedroom? Ideally, if I could get a dedicated 2 bedroom villa with 2 queen beds in the second bedroom, a murphy pull down bed in the living room, and also be as close as possible to either the bus transportation or the lobby or Stormalong Bay, that would be awesome if I could pull it off.

Basically I'm trying to avoid anyone having to sleep on a pull out sofa. There will be 3 adults (Me, wife, and our adult son), 1 teen, and two elementary school kiddos. We stayed in a Boardwalk Villa for one night on our last family trip and the pull out sofa was horrible for everyone. Even the kids didn't like it.

If anyone has any particular room numbers they would suggest, please let me know. I haven't put any request in my TouringPlans room request yet.

Thank you kindly!
The fourth and fifth floors of BCV are done. The floors lower than that have not been started. We do not know when they will start working on those floors.

At BCV, there are two types of 2-bedroom villas. They are officially referred to as a "2-bedroom villa" and a "2-bedroom lock-off villa." People use the phrase "dedicated 2-bedroom villa" for what DVC calls a "2-bedroom villa."

You said you booked a dedicated 2-bedroom villa. From the DVC member website: 1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa.

As far as I know, all dedicated 2-bedroom villas have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. I am not aware of any of the 2-bedroom villas having 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed in the second bedroom. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

In my personal opinion: you should do a request with DVC Member Services and make that request for 4th or 5th floor. Don't make any other requests if you want to be on one of those floors. BCV is always fully booked, and there aren't a lot of rooms. If you try to get fancy with a very particular room request, you might end up with something you don't want. Here is a link to BCV floor maps: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

To get to Stormalong Bay and the buses and the Beach Club lobby, you go out the same exit of BCV. That exit is where the very tiny BCV lobby is. See the big arrow on the bottom left of the maps from the above link.

Hello,

Thank you kindly!
Best Aunt explained things very nicely. If you have a dedicated 2BR at BCV, you'll have the King bed in the main bedroom, and 2 queen beds in the other bedroom. If you manage to get a refurbished room (right now, that's 4th and 5th floors, but refurb scheduled to start on the other floors sometime this fall), then there is a queen-sized Murphy in the living room. If you get an non-refurbished dedicated 2BR, then you'll have a queen-sized sofa bed in the living room.

The fourth and fifth floors of BCV are done. The floors lower than that have not been started. We do not know when they will start working on those floors.

At BCV, there are two types of 2-bedroom villas. They are officially referred to as a "2-bedroom villa" and a "2-bedroom lock-off villa." People use the phrase "dedicated 2-bedroom villa" for what DVC calls a "2-bedroom villa."

You said you booked a dedicated 2-bedroom villa. From the DVC member website: 1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa.

As far as I know, all dedicated 2-bedroom villas have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. I am not aware of any of the 2-bedroom villas having 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed in the second bedroom. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

In my personal opinion: you should do a request with DVC Member Services and make that request for 4th or 5th floor. Don't make any other requests if you want to be on one of those floors. BCV is always fully booked, and there aren't a lot of rooms. If you try to get fancy with a very particular room request, you might end up with something you don't want. Here is a link to BCV floor maps: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

To get to Stormalong Bay and the buses and the Beach Club lobby, you go out the same exit of BCV. That exit is where the very tiny BCV lobby is. See the big arrow on the bottom left of the maps from the above link.
Thank you for clarifying!

I was confused because that website has some 2 dedicated bedrooms with a 2Q on the room to signify 2 queen beds. http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor5.php

YC has hardwood floors?? I assumed it was some kind of vinyl. That’s awesome if it’s hardwood!

BC is definitely carpet.
We were at YC CL WV in December. It was the second time since they did a reinvention of the YC rooms. They look so clean with the hardwood floors. Great time at YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter