Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

As PP said, all studios have the pull-down bed. It is smaller than twin size, so only one person will fit on it. I'm not sure if you're planning to share the queen size bed with one of the kids; if not, then somebody will be sleeping on the sofabed.

There won't be much floor space if you have the sofa bed out and the pull-down bed out. That's more of a problem for people who think they can fit a big stroller in there along with their luggage and everything else; your kids are older.

There is very little storage space in a studio. I was so surprised by that, I actually made notes about it:
a) There is no dresser. The pull-down bed is under the TV where the dresser would be.
b) There are 4 drawers on the sides of the tv (2 on either side). They are a strange shape. 19 ½ x 8 and 9 ¼ inches high.
c) There is 1 night table. It has 2 drawers.
d) The coffee table has 2 curved drawers.
e) The queen size bed is on a platform. You cannot store anything under it.

You might already know this, but a reminder that Disney will move your stuff from resort # 1 to resort # 2, but they will not move perishable items. I'm not sure what snacks you are ordering for delivery to CR before your BCV stay.

I have never done a split stay, but I think you need to make sure you actually check out of CR before you switch to BCV. I also would stop at the front desk of BC before going to the BCV room. Magic Bands can be finicky at BC and BCV. You don't want to get all the way to your room and discover that your Magic Band thinks you are still at CR and won't open the door. BCV has a desk in its tiny lobby, but there is not always a cast member working there so I would just stop at the BC front desk rather than having to go back and forth.

This sounds pretty negative -- I should note that I love BCV.
Definitely a good tip about the magic bands! We frequently do split stays that include bcv and it seems like every single time we have to make the trip to the desk for magic bands. It’s not a problem exclusive to bcv but bcv definitely seems to be effected more than others by this problem.

As PP said, all studios have the pull-down bed. It is smaller than twin size, so only one person will fit on it.
Can anyone recommend a maximum size for the pull down bed? If we do five people in one room, the child sleeping on that bed is currently 56” tall (and growing fast), and I am worried it will be too short or narrow.

Can anyone recommend a maximum size for the pull down bed? If we do five people in one room, the child sleeping on that bed is currently 56” tall (and growing fast), and I am worried it will be too short or narrow.
I would not do 5 people in a BCV studio, even if the one on the pull-down bed would be a small child. As I mentioned above, there is not much room to walk around if the pull-down bed and the sofa bed are both open, and there is not much storage space. Disney parks can be tiring and stressful; I don't think you would be able to rest or relax with that many people in that room. I know there are people who will say, "We're only in the room to sleep" but that's probably a lot of money to spend to be uncomfortable.

The pull-down bed is smaller than twin size. I know I have seen posts about the size of people who have slept in it; maybe they were on DVC threads. If I find one, I will edit this post.

Edit:

Here are some threads about the pull-down bed. Keep in mind that at some DVC resorts, the sofa bed was replaced with a pull-down Murphy bed (SSR and Riviera come to mind). That's much bigger than the pull-down bed at BCV and BWV, so don't get confused.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/please-help-on-studios-bed-configuration.3811737/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/pull-down-bed-size.3588808/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/bcv-pull-out-bed.3580435/

Last edited:

My youngest is currently 5’6” and still enjoys the pull down, but 5 in a studio would be rough. 🥴

We usually submit our requests as soon as we know what they are, both so that we don’t forget and also based on the “first come, first served” idea. Reportedly, rooms are assigned 5-7 days before arrival, so you want to have your request on your file before that.
That maybe true however I just returned from a 11 day trip from the YC CL. I made my request 3 weeks prior plus followed up a week prior. I made a specific room number request (did not get it) plus king bed ( did get that). My first two nights were next to the elevator and concierge lounge, extremely disruptive noisy. I complained right away 5am the first night. The CL concierge cast members rectified it the next day with giving me exactly what I requested three weeks prior plus a credit so I have two points. If rooms are decided 5-7 days prior then I bounced a person out of their room the before their arrival and more importantly whatever you requested they have on file so you can ask while you are there if your not satisfied with the room you have. Do not call the front desk, he was going to move me to the BC. At the end of our conversation he told me to go to the CL concierge they are better equipped to help. I distinctly telling her that the front desk options were 1. Earplugs 2. Multiple moves during by stay 3. Non club floor with club access 4. BC CL or the last 5. Talk to concierge YC. She rolled her eyes ( loved that) and told me always come to them if you have any problems. That’s what there are for. It’s your vacation and we need to help you enjoy it. They were absolutely amazing.

Do not call the front desk, he was going to move me to the BC.
Never Call the Front desk from your room. Your call goes to a Call Center and not the Front desk at your resort. Only way to speak to someone at the Front desk or the On duty Resort Manager is to stop at the Front desk.

Glad you got your requests met quickly.
If rooms are decided 5-7 days prior then I bounced a person out of their room the before their arrival
Not all Guests make specific requests so the person or group that was assigned to your new room location may have just been randomly assigned to that room. Also the room assignment process has changed from a small group at the specific resort to a centralize group.

Dave

Never Call the Front desk from your room. Your call goes to a Call Center and not the Front desk at your resort. Only way to speak to someone at the Front desk or the On duty Resort Manager is to stop at the Front desk.

Glad you got your requests met quickly.

Not all Guests make specific requests so the person or group that was assigned to your new room location may have just been randomly assigned to that room. Also the room assignment process has changed from a small group at the specific resort to a centralize group.

Dave
Thanks Dave, I am glad you know a lot about this to help us when needed!!!

My daughter isn’t as early riser so we usually get a later start haha. If your kids enjoy crafts and activities definitely check out the activities schedule and drop in on those, always a request of my now 12 year old.
SAME! So some days we will sleep in a bit. I haven't decided what days we'll do Genie +, but its nearly impossible for me to sleep past 6:30 these days. Thanks for the tips about activities! They will love that!

As PP said, all studios have the pull-down bed.

There is very little storage space in a studio. I was so surprised by that, I actually made notes about it:
a) There is no dresser. The pull-down bed is under the TV where the dresser would be.
b) There are 4 drawers on the sides of the tv (2 on either side). They are a strange shape. 19 ½ x 8 and 9 ¼ inches high.
c) There is 1 night table. It has 2 drawers.
d) The coffee table has 2 curved drawers.
e) The queen size bed is on a platform. You cannot store anything under it.

Disney will move your stuff from resort # 1 to resort # 2, but they will not move perishable items

I have never done a split stay, but I think you need to make sure you actually check out of CR before you switch to BCV. I also would stop at the front desk of BC before going to the BCV room. Magic Bands can be finicky at BC and BC
I should note that I love BCV.
Thank you Best Aunt!!! All of this is so helpful. I'd planned on the food delivery going to BC, but did not know that they won't move perishables. I get that. Too much room for error and things spoiling. Because of the split stay, I book my tickets as a separate package. We ran into this problem with our last trip, which was a split stay, but in the same resort. On our move day, that days park tix were attached the the new room, and I couldn't access my plans/make genie + rezzies, etc until I checked out. I ran down to the front desk in a panic, and they were so kind and helpful! But it was very stressful. Did not want a repeat. Had no idea about lack of storage in the studios. Even more reason to pack light. Thanks again for these detailed tips and measurements!

Definitely a good tip about the magic bands! We frequently do split stays that include bcv and it seems like every single time we have to make the trip to the desk for magic bands. It’s not a problem exclusive to bcv but bcv definitely seems to be effected more than others by this problem.
Oh man, thanks for the heads up. With two of you saying this, we will prepare to be patient. I enjoyed using the magic bands on our last trip in Sept, but my then 10 year old had to help me update them beforehand. I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but it just wouldn't work, LOL!

Just returned from a non-CL trip, Dec 15-20 at YC. Had water view room 4th floor 4235. It was a longggg walk from the elevators, but we enjoyed our balcony view very much which included a view of fireworks. We had an issue with our room temp and woke up one day to 88 degrees 🥵 and a restless night of sleep, but engineering was right up and fixed it in the morning, thankfully. Side/misc. notes:

> elevators were super fast and efficient! I know that’s sort of a weird thing to comment on, but each time we pressed the up or down button, at least one elevator opened almost immediately.

> one coke freestyle was broken our entire 6 days. The other one worked fine but usually long line.

> housekeeping very friendly and always seemed to know exactly when to service our room each day (time varied each day). Made our beds (not sure how often new sheets though they seemed clean every day), lots of towels, lots of coffee, always replenished shampoo, etc., even if we still had some unopened, emptied garbages, cleaned bathroom.

> the lobby is festive and lovely! My favorite of the 3 Epcot resort lobbies at this time of year.

> the boardwalk loop is appearing back to normal, which makes me so happy. The surrey bikes were busy. The magicians were having their shows. Many people walking around. Pizza window busy.

> not really regarding the YC, but the ride lines were super long! Like averaging 95-120 minutes for every single ride we're interested in. No matter the time of day or night. All 4 parks. We waited in a couple lines and the times posted were pretty much spot-on.

YC Room 4235, Water View, fireworks view, 2 queens and daybed, full balcony.
DEB68C4B-8CDC-4ABE-BAB4-5FFCB44ED611.jpegCD258172-66F0-4EC5-9860-F68740F7C89C.jpegD6BBB337-1F97-402C-99BB-538C9EBB0B47.jpeg

Last edited:
Just returned from a non-CL trip, Dec 15-20. Had water view room 4th floor 4235. It was a longggg walk from the elevators, but we enjoyed our balcony view very much which included a view of fireworks. We had an issue with our room temp and woke up one day to 88 degrees 🥵 and a restless night of sleep, but engineering was right up and fixed it in the morning, thankfully. Side/misc. notes:

> elevators were super fast and efficient! I know that’s sort of a weird thing to comment on, but each time we pressed the up or down button, at least one elevator opened almost immediately.

> one coke freestyle was broken our entire 6 days. The other one worked fine but usually long line.

> housekeeping very friendly and always seemed to know exactly when to service our room each day (time varied each day). Made our beds (not sure how often new sheets though they seemed clean every day), lots of towels, lots of coffee, always replenished shampoo, etc., even if we still had some unopened, emptied garbages, cleaned bathroom.

> the lobby is festive and lovely! My favorite of the 3 Epcot resort lobbies at this time of year.

> the boardwalk loop is appearing back to normal, which makes me so happy. The surrey bikes were busy. The magicians were having their shows. Many people walking around. Pizza window busy.

> not really regarding the YC, but the ride lines were super long! Like averaging 95-120 minutes for every single ride we're interested in. No matter the time of day or night. All 4 parks. We waited in a couple lines and the times posted were pretty much spot-on.

Room 4235, Water View, fireworks view, 2 queens and daybed, full balcony.
View attachment 726753View attachment 726754View attachment 726755
Thanks for the review and photos. Looks like you had a great view.
I’ve always found the elevators at YC to be lightning fast as well.
Did you have full housekeeping every day in a non-CL room?

Just returned from a non-CL trip, Dec 15-20. Had water view room 4th floor 4235. It was a longggg walk from the elevators, but we enjoyed our balcony view very much which included a view of fireworks. We had an issue with our room temp and woke up one day to 88 degrees 🥵 and a restless night of sleep, but engineering was right up and fixed it in the morning, thankfully. Side/misc. notes:

Room 4235, Water View, fireworks view, 2 queens and daybed, full balcony.
I also just got back from a 11 day YC CL trip. Yes never waited for an elevator, however I also thought the parks were over crowded and ride times even with Genie were 60-180 minutes for major rides in all the parks. As much as I love Disney it definitely has effected me regarding any future trip concerning with the parks. I thought at night the parks are extremely dark and with the crowds they were bumping and been hit by scooters occasionally. Too many people for me at my age. I would only return to do a resort only vacation. Spending the money that we did, it was not worth it.

Thanks for the review and photos. Looks like you had a great view.
I’ve always found the elevators at YC to be lightning fast as well.
Did you have full housekeeping every day in a non-CL room?

I'd say we had "lite" cleaning each day, or maybe "tidying up/lite cleaning" is a better way to describe it. Our toilet was cleaned at least a few times, but I couldn't tell if any other areas were cleaned. The beds were made but I don't know how often sheets were changed, though they always seemed to be clean. They always replenished and tidied our towels, shampoo, coffee area, etc. We were very pleased with housekeeping. The entire 4th floor had numerous housekeepers walking around the floor at all times of the day and also many carts all around. We really couldn't believe it. We even wondered if maybe they placed most guests on the same floor to make it easier for housekeeping.

I'd say we had "lite" cleaning each day, or maybe "tidying up/lite cleaning" is a better way to describe it. Our toilet was cleaned at least a few times, but I couldn't tell if any other areas were cleaned. The beds were made but I don't know how often sheets were changed, though they always seemed to be clean. They always replenished and tidied our towels, shampoo, coffee area, etc. We were very pleased with housekeeping. The entire 4th floor had numerous housekeepers walking around the floor at all times of the day and also many carts all around. We really couldn't believe it. We even wondered if maybe they placed most guests on the same floor to make it easier for housekeeping.
Even “lite” is better than nothing (or the recent “every other day”). Making the beds each day is my favorite part 😀 Glad to hear that there was lots of housekeeping around. 👍 Glad you had a nice stay.

Reactions: TJA
Even “lite” is better than nothing (or the recent “every other day”). Making the beds each day is my favorite part 😀 Glad to hear that there was lots of housekeeping around. 👍 Glad you had a nice stay.

I love having the beds made too! It seems like they are gradually adding more housekeeping services back in. Maybe it also depends on the number of rooms booked versus the number of housekeepers. That's why I was wondering if they purposely placed guests on the same floor because the YC didn't seem busy, but yet our floor seemed really full.

Just returned from a non-CL trip, Dec 15-20 at YC. Had water view room 4th floor 4235. It was a longggg walk from the elevators, but we enjoyed our balcony view very much which included a view of fireworks. We had an issue with our room temp and woke up one day to 88 degrees 🥵 and a restless night of sleep, but engineering was right up and fixed it in the morning, thankfully. Side/misc. notes:

YC Room 4235, Water View, fireworks view, 2 queens and daybed, full balcony.

in looking at your pictures I was like “huh, that looks a lot like our view did a few weeks ago!” And then I looked back at what our room number was and it all made sense- we were in 3235, which was a standard view (but a pretty darn awesome view, especially of the fireworks, so I didn’t mind the roof i had to look over to see the nice stuff)!

Hi all, we are hoping for a 5-night YC CL stay. It will be our first time with you and we’re wondering about nice views to consider. Are there drawbacks (apart from cost!) to a room with a Lagoon view? If anyone has a preference or advice, we would be grateful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter