Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

At 5am we called the front desk which offered to move us but during our 10 night stay we would be multiple times, or move us to BC or give us ear plugs.
For future reference as a reminder when you call the Front desk from your room you are actually call into a call center. You should visit the front desk and ask for the on-duty Manager (Day or Night).

It sounds like you managed to get a resolution. Good luck and enjoy your visit.

Dave

I am at YC CL now. Yesterday was check in and our room was next to CL lobby and the elevators. We did not sleep last night. At 5am we called the front desk which offered to move us but during our 10 night stay we would be multiple times, or move us to BC or give us ear plugs. They were all nice options but the last option was the best. Talk to YC CL managers and see what they could do. Short story they are the best. They are moving us tomorrow to the Room we had in 2019 plus a credit on my account. Can’t say more about the staff at the YC. First class all the way. The food has been great, treatment above and beyond. Can’t say enough.
Sorry about the noisy room, glad they made it right for you. It would be a PIA to change rooms multiple times. We check in on Sunday can't wait its been a whole year since we have been there.

Hello new question. This is part of new bookings at beach club.
  • "Includes a beverage cooler, coffee and tea station, and a patio or balcony."
Is this something special or is it their way of saying no refrigerator? This doesn't appear in yacht club bookings. Thanks

Is this something special or is it their way of saying no refrigerator? This doesn't appear in yacht club bookings. Thanks
I think it is their way of saying that there isn't a freezer compartment in the "beverage cooler." They are replacing the refrigerators with beverage coolers in all of the non-DVC resorts. We have found them to be cold enough.

"Beverage cooler" versus "refrigerator" has been really controversial over on the DVC forums.

Some people believe that a beverage cooler does not get as cold as a refrigerator.

Other people believe that a beverage cooler will get cold enough.

DVC people are annoyed because they bought in with the understanding (assumption?) that studios would have a refrigerator and they wouldn't have to worry about whether it would be cold enough.

I don't want to start the whole debate again. Here are some threads if you want more info:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-rose-or-beverage-cooler-by-any-other-name.3869797/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beverage-cooler-vs-mini-fridge.3846548/

We changed our dates for our 2023 trip. We will now be at the YC April 16-20th instead of in February. We would love to get back to the Beach Club they never seem to have a discount as good as YC.

We returned from a very nice two-night stay at the YC. It was a standard view room so of course we got the convention service area view. It wasn't too bad, though. There was some truck noise very early in the morning, but I was awake anyway. I usually avoid standard view rooms at YC, but this time it was unavoidable.

We will be at Beach Club a few of your days!

For future reference as a reminder when you call the Front desk from your room you are actually call into a call center. You should visit the front desk and ask for the on-duty Manager (Day or Night).

It sounds like you managed to get a resolution. Good luck and enjoy your visit.

Dave
Thanks Dave. We are being moved today. The call center did tell me to talk to on duty manager at CL which I did and she made it happen. Wonderful service. We still have 8 days left so all is good. Can’t express enough my gratitude to those involved for making this happen.

Day 4 at YC CL WV. We got our room changed seamlessly. Food has been great. Pot roast last night was a hit. Salmon first night, chicken second night were a hit. Much to choose from. Parks are insane. Never seen crowds like this in all my years. We have made our mines up that the next trip would be resort only at YC CL.

Just off the Disney Wish and missing our annual trip to our favorite resort, the YC. Here's hoping Bob puts some common sense back into the people in charge of determining the charges for staying at the resorts so that we can once again come home. Budgets are tight all over and I hope they are beginning to appreciate the effect their aggressive pricing is having and the affect it is having on their customer base that are not Florida residents, not Annual Passholders, and not DVC members. In other words, the common folk.
Katesdad

Just off the Disney Wish and missing our annual trip to our favorite resort, the YC. Here's hoping Bob puts some common sense back into the people in charge of determining the charges for staying at the resorts so that we can once again come home. Budgets are tight all over and I hope they are beginning to appreciate the effect their aggressive pricing is having and the affect it is having on their customer base that are not Florida residents, not Annual Passholders, and not DVC members. In other words, the common folk.
Katesdad
I'm DVC/AP from CT and consider myself common folk. Others may have different names for me! :rolleyes1 I don't like the changes either and in fact just fired off an e-mail to Guest Relations about some of the negative impacts we experienced on our visit last week, primarily around dining experiences, food quality, and park mayhem. I'm pretty sure I know what I'll get for a response but I'll keep fighting.

Last edited:
Can anyone with a very recent stay comment if they received daily housekeeping in a non-club level room. I saw some “rumors” on another thread that the deluxes were pretty much back to daily for all guests…

I'm DVC/AP from CT and consider myself common folk. Others may have different names for me! :rolleyes1 I don't like the changes either and in fact just fired off an e-mail to Guest Relations about some of the negative impacts we experienced on our visit last week, primarily around dining experiences, food quality, and park mayhem. I'm pretty sure I know what I'll get for a response but I'll keep fighting.
Agreed - the changes during the Cheapak regime were bad for DVC people as well as non-DVC people. We paid up front to stay on Disney property, but we can't get APs. We go often enough that we like to be flexible about touring the parks, but the park reservation system prevents that. It was made very clear that Disney wants the "once in a lifetime"guests (because they spend more per trip on souvenirs and restaurants than repeat guests do) -- but why keep selling DVC if you don't want repeat guests? Crowds, lack of trams, ride breakdowns, inability to get ADRs -- if non-DVC people are unhappy about something, most likely DVC people are unhappy about it as well.

My family members just left YC. I posted earlier that they had a large barking dog in the room next to them when they checked in. They were moved to another room with no questions asked. They were moved to a gazebo facing room which they were happy with. However they did hear dogs barking from outside several times. Nothing that was continuous or disruptive to sleeping. This was their 5th stay @ YC in 2 years plus they stayed there a few times in years before. They said this was the most dogs they have seen (& heard!) at the resort in all their stays.

Unfortunately they did find dirty laundry on one of the bottom shelves in the 2nd room a few days after they were there. One of them reached for something of theirs on that shelf & pulled out someone else’s dirty clothes that were at the back of the shelf. A manager had called them to check on the new room so they did report the dirty laundry they found. They didn’t ask for anything but the manager credited them with a nights cost & sent a small gift bag to their room. Nice touches for sure. But between the dogs & that, they’re not interested in staying at YC again anytime soon.

So for anyone wondering about the dog situation, it seems to be a little worse right now. And the enhanced cleaning supposedly done for Covid doesn’t seem to be happening, at least consistently. I use the shelves & drawers there, but always put large plastic trash bags down before I put our things in. I’ll keep doing that for sure.

My family members just left YC. I posted earlier that they had a large barking dog in the room next to them when they checked in. They were moved to another room with no questions asked. They were moved to a gazebo facing room which they were happy with. However they did hear dogs barking from outside several times. Nothing that was continuous or disruptive to sleeping. This was their 5th stay @ YC in 2 years plus they stayed there a few times in years before. They said this was the most dogs they have seen (& heard!) at the resort in all their stays.

Unfortunately they did find dirty laundry on one of the bottom shelves in the 2nd room a few days after they were there. One of them reached for something of theirs on that shelf & pulled out someone else’s dirty clothes that were at the back of the shelf. A manager had called them to check on the new room so they did report the dirty laundry they found. They didn’t ask for anything but the manager credited them with a nights cost & sent a small gift bag to their room. Nice touches for sure. But between the dogs & that, they’re not interested in staying at YC again anytime soon.

So for anyone wondering about the dog situation, it seems to be a little worse right now. And the enhanced cleaning supposedly done for Covid doesn’t seem to be happening, at least consistently. I use the shelves & drawers there, but always put large plastic trash bags down before I put our things in. I’ll keep doing that for sure.
I am at the YC CL now and have see. Some small dogs nothing distracting. I was also credited $200 because they put me next to elevators and CL lounge. I have been moved and very happy.

So here are my honest thoughts of Disney and YC CL resort halfway through our 11 day-10 night stay. Note: We have stayed CL at YC three times and BC three times at the past. First the positives: CM at YC have been amazing. Always there to help, ask and answer any question and get anything you need. Food also has been pretty good. Pot roast-mashed potatoes just as good as anything on property. Chicken, pulled pork, chicken fingers, different salads-Caesar, Greek and quinoa great. Breakfast also good ham, different egg dishes, pancakes, crepes wonderful. Snacks at lunch are just okay different chips cookies and vegetables with dip. Meals are on a three day rotation. Very happy. Also able to eat your meals on the CL balcony in food room so that also a nice touch. Stormalong Bay is the greatest, enough said about that. We all know that.
Negatives: parks are extremely overcrowded. I have never encountered that ever in the parks and this is all parks. Waiting for rides is a nightmare. Guests are very impatient, a lot of banging into others, tempers are a little high. Children are out of control, parents are doing their best, most of them anyway. Even with Genie the most we are doing is about 4-5 rides before calling it a day. We are older so rough spinning rides are out of the question. Also we are not waiting in lines over 30 min.
Also the parks and rides are looking tired and let’s hope that management will improve that.
Shopping: The stores are selling a lot of merchandise that comes from China and looks cheap. Clothes especially T shirts are thin, cheap looking and expensive. I am comparing this to my T shirts from 3-5 years ago which I still can wear, have some weight to them, and are not from China. Also the variety is less than other years especially in the resort stores. I have been to the YC, BC, BWI, Poly and GF stores.
Skyliner has been a nice addition. I have seen two weddings and one party so far at the BC and YC. So there is no recession going on. (Ha!)
So I will comment on the second half next weekend.
As I stated a few days ago, future Disney trip will be stay vacations at YC CL. That has been a highlight. I looked at the poly and GF two nights ago just to compare and I could be crazy but I would not change what we have at the YC for anything. Walking to two parks plus skyliner and boardwalk. It’s a beautiful area.

So here are my honest thoughts of Disney and YC CL resort halfway through our 11 day-10 night stay. Note: We have stayed CL at YC three times and BC three times at the past. First the positives: CM at YC have been amazing. Always there to help, ask and answer any question and get anything you need. Food also has been pretty good. Pot roast-mashed potatoes just as good as anything on property. Chicken, pulled pork, chicken fingers, different salads-Caesar, Greek and quinoa great. Breakfast also good ham, different egg dishes, pancakes, crepes wonderful. Snacks at lunch are just okay different chips cookies and vegetables with dip. Meals are on a three day rotation. Very happy. Also able to eat your meals on the CL balcony in food room so that also a nice touch. Stormalong Bay is the greatest, enough said about that. We all know that.
Negatives: parks are extremely overcrowded. I have never encountered that ever in the parks and this is all parks. Waiting for rides is a nightmare. Guests are very impatient, a lot of banging into others, tempers are a little high. Children are out of control, parents are doing their best, most of them anyway. Even with Genie the most we are doing is about 4-5 rides before calling it a day. We are older so rough spinning rides are out of the question. Also we are not waiting in lines over 30 min.
Also the parks and rides are looking tired and let’s hope that management will improve that.
Shopping: The stores are selling a lot of merchandise that comes from China and looks cheap. Clothes especially T shirts are thin, cheap looking and expensive. I am comparing this to my T shirts from 3-5 years ago which I still can wear, have some weight to them, and are not from China. Also the variety is less than other years especially in the resort stores. I have been to the YC, BC, BWI, Poly and GF stores.
Skyliner has been a nice addition. I have seen two weddings and one party so far at the BC and YC. So there is no recession going on. (Ha!)
So I will comment on the second half next weekend.
As I stated a few days ago, future Disney trip will be stay vacations at YC CL. That has been a highlight. I looked at the poly and GF two nights ago just to compare and I could be crazy but I would not change what we have at the YC for anything. Walking to two parks plus skyliner and boardwalk. It’s a beautiful area.
Thanks for the detailed review. Enjoy the rest of your trip! 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter