Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My family of four will be at BC in early December - I called and had a CM add to my reservation a request to have a room with 2 queens and the daybed because I have two teenagers of opposite gender that do NOT want to share a bed (and a very tall husband who cannot share a queen bed with my tall son). What do you think the chances are of this request being granted?
We've always had the same request and have gotten it. One time we did have to wait til about 7pm for a room with that layout, but we were happy to wait. Good luck!

Thanks. :)

We had a delicious lunch at Beaches and Cream today and a nice afternoon at Storm Along Bay. They were handing out cloth wrist bands for SAB yesterday, but they gave out paper bands today. The cloth bands are much more comfortable than paper and I actually like them better. I don't know if they are planning to get more cloth bands or stick with paper ones.

:)

Thanks. :)

We had a delicious lunch at Beaches and Cream today and a nice afternoon at Storm Along Bay. They were handing out cloth wrist bands for SAB yesterday, but they gave out paper bands today. The cloth bands are much more comfortable than paper and I actually like them better. I don't know if they are planning to get more cloth bands or stick with paper ones.

:)
Was just checking in to report on the paper bands today and saw Wood Nymph’s messages. From what we understand, the cloth ones may be short lived. We were told the manufacturer is no longer making them and they ran out today.

We so enjoyed spending a few hours with Wood Nymph & her DH this trip and hope to do it again soon. Missed you guys at the pool today. We looked but didn’t see you. We did check out the shaded yacht club tables. Very nice.

PCFriar, thanks for stopping by the other day. One day we are going to have to join you at the quiet pool for a few hours when our schedules connect again. We just need a way to figure out who you are. We are easily identifiable.

Overall it has been a lovely trip with our DD. Our studio had a great view of the quiet pool and is special to us as we have spent many happy trips in that particular studio, including one Christmas. Will post pics after we leave tomorrow.

This place is special. There may have been a few hiccups (our magic bands not working were constant problems and our housekeeping was strangely impacted a couple times-twice they came thinking we were checking out and we got trash & towel service 2 days in a row) but overall we had another great trip. Sad to be leaving tomorrow.

Btw, we did not bring our tubes this trip and we didn’t need them this time of year, but YMMV. We only had to wait a few minutes if at all to get them.

Everyone with upcoming trips, enjoy!

Missed you guys at the pool today. We looked but didn’t see you. We did check out the shaded yacht club tables. Very nice.
We floated around the lazy river for a while. We stopped by your table around 3pm but you weren't there. The plastic champagne glass marked your table, as usual. We'll have to catch you next time. :)

We were able to grab floats right away. There were plenty of them today. It wasn't very crowded at SAB today.

Our MagicBands didn't work to open our resort room, but we were able to use the cellphone to get in. We went to the front desk this morning to have our MBs linked to the resort door.

We've had a great trip so far. We are in a corner room that has two sets of windows and a nice balcony. I'll post some pictures after we check out.

We floated around the lazy river for a while. We stopped by your table around 3pm but you weren't there. The plastic champagne glass marked your table, as usual. We'll have to catch you next time. :)

We were able to grab floats right away. There were plenty of them today. It wasn't very crowded at SAB today.

Our MagicBands didn't work to open our resort room, but we were able to use the cellphone to get in. We went to the front desk this morning to have our MBs linked to the resort door.

We've had a great trip so far. We are in a corner room that has two sets of windows and a nice balcony. I'll post some pictures after we check out.
Have a great trip! Wish I was there, too! Oh well, got to pay the bills.

Sounds like a nice day. Is the pool very crowded lately?
We were there last week 10/15 - 10/21 and the pool was not crowded at all. We went everyday at different times and never had trouble getting a spot to sit. As a matter of fact each day we got tables and chairs to sit at. No waits for the slide, lazy River and pretty much empty pool.

One of the best days we had during our vacation was the day we rented the cabana for our full pool day. There were 10 of us, 6 adults and 4 children ages 5, 3, 3, 2. I originally reserved two cabanas because of the max of 6 per cabana. I had requested cabanas 1 & 2 because of their location to the front. However, when we arrived we were told we had 1 & 4. Not ideal with the little ones but we could make it work. The girl working there then stated we could all just use Cabana 1 if no more people were joining us. I said this was our whole group so she let us all use 1 and cancelled the second cabana and issued me a refund. It was a nice surprise and saved us $265. There was plenty of room for all of us as the ten of us were rarely in the cabana at once. Ended up being a great, relaxing day and I’d definitely rent one again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter