Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all! With a standard view room booked, is it even worth making a room request? Am I guaranteed a view of parking lot or rooftop?

We had a standard room with a view of Spaceship Earth and a full balcony. Yes we had the rooftop as well but still an epic view in our opinion (but maybe we're biased as we love Spaceship Earth 😍) Request was for a large balcony and a nice view and that's what we got.

Super excited about our upcoming trip! Couple of questions:
I would love it if our room was a quiet location that got afternoon sun (so the perfect choices for napping!) is that something I can request? If so, how? When I go to the requests section of my Disney Experience, it doesn't give me an option to type something and none of the options work.

S'mores! During our last visit we happened to stumble on to marshmallow roasting, and picked up s'more fixings at the shop. Is that still going on? Is there someplace where I can check what days it'll happen? I don't want to waste luggage space on chocolate bars, marshmallows, and graham crackers then be forced to eat raw s'mores. :P

Super excited about our upcoming trip! Couple of questions:
I would love it if our room was a quiet location that got afternoon sun (so the perfect choices for napping!) is that something I can request? If so, how? When I go to the requests section of my Disney Experience, it doesn't give me an option to type something and none of the options work.

S'mores! During our last visit we happened to stumble on to marshmallow roasting, and picked up s'more fixings at the shop. Is that still going on? Is there someplace where I can check what days it'll happen? I don't want to waste luggage space on chocolate bars, marshmallows, and graham crackers then be forced to eat raw s'mores. :P
It's currently listed on the September Recreation Activities calendar from 7:00 - 8:00. It seems to have come back as a standard activity from month to month. Times may change as we are now in Autumn approaching Winter with nightfall coming early. I would check back for the recreation activities calendar being published for the month of your trip. BTW, marshmallows are provided [complimentary].

Been at BCV this week. Mostly disappointed. Rooms are really showing age- they need new paint, new furnishings, deep cleaning. Had to ask to have mattress replaced it was so bad. It should have been thrown away 100+ guests ago. They did replace it with a brand new one and it’s good. Hallways and this room/ (balconies in particular)- super noisy. Can hear next door right through the walls and it’s been a nightmare. People yelling and screaming in hallways at all hours of morning until late at night. Housekeeping knocking on doors all day long despite having the sign on. Yes, I know they are doing inspections but the sign should be respected unless it’s been a few tries with no luck not seeing sign. I was trying to work in the room a bit and was constantly interrupted by housekeeping (and all the noise described above). Lazy River (honesty my fave and a reason I always try to stay here a few times a year) has been broken for a few days now. Poor (even worse than in years past) choices at marketplace for lunch. Walking all the way into Epcot for decent lunch dining options getting old. New band system at the pool where they expect you to wear a floppy, fabric cloth band that takes hours to dry and has a very uncomfortable large “lock” bead, for duration of your stay. Nope.

Still love the walking right into Epcot especially during F&W ( although this one like last years has been “meh” at best. Will do a separate review.

Most CMs still wonderful.

New band system at the pool where they expect you to wear a floppy, fabric cloth band that takes hours to dry and has a very uncomfortable large “lock” bead, for duration of your stay. Nope.
That sounds horrible. Do they give you an option? Or can you remove it & get a new one the next time?

And what’s up with the lazy river part? No movement?

We had a horrible mattress at YC in May. There was no support to it at all. It pretty much collapsed right down when you sat on it to get into bed. I never even thought to complain. Glad you did!

I’m sorry you‘re not having a better stay. Way too much money to be disappointed like that.

That sounds horrible. Do they give you an option? Or can you remove it & get a new one the next time?

And what’s up with the lazy river part? No movement?

We had a horrible mattress at YC in May. There was no support to it at all. It pretty much collapsed right down when you sat on it to get into bed. I never even thought to complain. Glad you did!

I’m sorry you‘re not having a better stay. Way too much money to be disappointed like that.
We just kept having the bands cut off and getting a new one next day or asking fir them to be super loose so we could pull it off. They have to be cut off though because it’s like some super-fabric. Super strong.

We’re enjoying ourselves just really not please with beach club right now. Same with our mattress, it literally caved in so deep and hurt my back so bad. I’m so glad they could replace it. And the old sofa beds are just so awful. They need to get the new Murphy beds here too.

Yes, lazy River has no movement since Tues. Saw them working on it that day- my guess is they had to order parts.

The good news is that a BC manager told me BCVs getting renovated starting in January!

Been at BCV this week. Mostly disappointed. Rooms are really showing age- they need new paint, new furnishings, deep cleaning. Had to ask to have mattress replaced it was so bad. It should have been thrown away 100+ guests ago. They did replace it with a brand new one and it’s good. Hallways and this room/ (balconies in particular)- super noisy. Can hear next door right through the walls and it’s been a nightmare. People yelling and screaming in hallways at all hours of morning until late at night. Housekeeping knocking on doors all day long despite having the sign on. Yes, I know they are doing inspections but the sign should be respected unless it’s been a few tries with no luck not seeing sign. I was trying to work in the room a bit and was constantly interrupted by housekeeping (and all the noise described above). Lazy River (honesty my fave and a reason I always try to stay here a few times a year) has been broken for a few days now. Poor (even worse than in years past) choices at marketplace for lunch. Walking all the way into Epcot for decent lunch dining options getting old. New band system at the pool where they expect you to wear a floppy, fabric cloth band that takes hours to dry and has a very uncomfortable large “lock” bead, for duration of your stay. Nope.

Still love the walking right into Epcot especially during F&W ( although this one like last years has been “meh” at best. Will do a separate review.

Most CMs still wonderful.
Staying there in a few weeks. What floor were you on?

YIKES I am staying at the YC CL in 12 days and the thought of awful mattresses, bad views (We have a waterview CL booked, our boys have a standard CL view) booked. this all at over $900 a night room cost makes me cringe! I could have booked the 4 seasons for a bit more!
I want a view of the boardwalk/lighthouse. I used touring plans to send in the view/room request area...hoping they consider those!
I would like my boys to be near us, but not necessary they are connecting to us at all.
I really hope the lazy river is fixed as this is another reason I wanted to stay at the YC.
I truly hope beds are comfortable though, this is causing me to wonder if I made a right choice staying at YC. If I have booked YC with a package, but paid off my package can I cancel with it being 12 days away and move to 4 seasons if I wanted to? Should I just hope for the best and see what YC is like, as I have always wanted to stay at the YC Club Level

YIKES I am staying at the YC CL in 12 days and the thought of awful mattresses, bad views (We have a waterview CL booked, our boys have a standard CL view) booked. this all at over $900 a night room cost makes me cringe! I could have booked the 4 seasons for a bit more!
I want a view of the boardwalk/lighthouse. I used touring plans to send in the view/room request area...hoping they consider those!
I would like my boys to be near us, but not necessary they are connecting to us at all.
I really hope the lazy river is fixed as this is another reason I wanted to stay at the YC.
I truly hope beds are comfortable though, this is causing me to wonder if I made a right choice staying at YC. If I have booked YC with a package, but paid off my package can I cancel with it being 12 days away and move to 4 seasons if I wanted to? Should I just hope for the best and see what YC is like, as I have always wanted to stay at the YC Club Level
I have stayed at BC/YC level at least a dozen times and never had a problem that cast members did not take care of. If you have any difficulties, go to the CL lobby ( 5th floor) where you are located, let them know and it will be take care of.

I have stayed at BC/YC level at least a dozen times and never had a problem that cast members did not take care of. If you have any difficulties, go to the CL lobby ( 5th floor) where you are located, let them know and it will be take care of.
It wasn’t so much that a CM didn’t take care of it. They were actually wonderful. My issue is that it’s really outdated, mattresses super old, noise between rooms, etc. We just kept commenting - how can Disney think they can charge $600-800 a night for this resort/ these rooms? It’s plain and dated. Housekeeping limited (every other day now, right?). It’s not luxury enough to warrant the current pricing. We are currently at Universal’s Endkess summer awaiting a group of family & friends to do Horror Nights this weekend. So far, I think this room is nicer. Service was excellent. Pool is great. $165/nt for 2 room suite. If I’m spending $500+ a night, I expect luxury.

It wasn’t so much that a CM didn’t take care of it. They were actually wonderful. My issue is that it’s really outdated, mattresses super old, noise between rooms, etc. We just kept commenting - how can Disney think they can charge $600-800 a night for this resort/ these rooms? It’s plain and dated. Housekeeping limited (every other day now, right?). It’s not luxury enough to warrant the current pricing. We are currently at Universal’s Endkess summer awaiting a group of family & friends to do Horror Nights this weekend. So far, I think this room is nicer. Service was excellent. Pool is great. $165/nt for 2 room suite. If I’m spending $500+ a night, I expect luxury.
I completely agree, was it the YC resort you where at? I know they had a complete over haul of the rooms in 2019, then Covid hit, so the rooms in CL and the YC resort should still be in very good repair hopefully! I definitely expect luxury too at the prices I am paying ($4,000 for our 3 night stay per room with tickets!!!)

ETA: I just went back and read it was the BCV you stayed at in need of major overhaul! I hope the YC is still in good repair after having just been completely renovated not long before the Covid shutdown

I completely agree, was it the YC resort you where at? I know they had a complete over haul of the rooms in 2019, then Covid hit, so the rooms in CL and the YC resort should still be in very good repair hopefully! I definitely expect luxury too at the prices I am paying ($4,000 for our 3 night stay per room with tickets!!!)

ETA: I just went back and read it was the BCV you stayed at in need of major overhaul! I hope the YC is still in good repair after having just been completely renovated not long before the Covid shutdown
The regular rooms are better than the DVC rooms for sure. We’ve always enjoyed BC club level. I’m curious to hear your thoughts.

I get it. My December 10 day YC CL WV is costing me 14k. You know if I get a bad mattress which thanks to you will be the first thing I check, I headed right down to my CM CL.!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. BCV is a DVC resort which is a Disney timeshare. These rooms were neglected for a good period of time (look at poor Boulder Ridge Villa at WL) and have finally been put on a 7-year rotational refurb schedule. The last true hard goods refurb for BCV was 2009. It received a soft goods refurb in 2015. The sleeper sofa was always a problem in DVC rooms until Riviera was built with a true pull down murphy bed. These new murphy beds are replacing the pull out couch in every refurb.

YC is a cash resort which had a full hard goods refurb in 2016/2017. The rooms are more updated and fresher than BC cash rooms with hard floors rather than carpeting, rain shower heads, etc. I have never experienced an issue that wasn't promptly addressed by CMs at YC/BC (or any WDW resort). BC is showing more wear and tear than YC and I repeatedly book it because I personally like the theming better. I switch to YC when it has great AP rates, but it's a lovely resort!

WDW deluxe resorts can't really compare to true 5-star resorts. You're paying for the Disney theming, "bubble," and location. YC/BC are within walking and boat distance to Epcot and DHS.

As for your package, once you are in the 2-29 day timeframe you will lose a non-refundable $200 deposit if you cancel. Once you hit 1 day out, you lose the entire package cost. If you decided to push your package to a future date say 31+ days in advance and then call back the next day and cancel, you will get all your money back. :scratchin

We have stayed at the YC four times since they reopened after the pandemic closure and the mattresses have been very good. The rooms are recently remodeled, and I love them. :)
This. I found the mattresses at YC to be very comfortable and the rooms quite nice in June...

Anyone else have experience with these new cloth pool bands? They sound awful, and I'm already wearing a magic band and watch, don't want another thing to wear on my wrist, especially something that doesn't dry.

Last edited:
Here now at the YC and it is so nice to be home! Came to report on the new "length of stay" pool bands, but see someone already reported it. It is definitely a bit annoying, but has dried pretty quickly, just got back from the pool about 35 minutes ago and it's dry. I am a bit worried about how gross it could get after 9 days though!

Everything else is great, no construction on our balcony this year so we're super happy with that! Oh, and I see there has been a bit of discussion about the mattresses here. I am currently laying in one watching football and I find it to be super comfortable!

Now time to rest a bit before heading to our stack of LLs in HS tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter