• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Please add me to the guest list: YC 11/4-11/8/22 Food & Wine Half Marathon! First time staying at the Yacht Club and really looking forward to it!

Hey guys. Just went for a walk around the boardwalk and took some photos for you. I could not, for the life of me, find the recreation calendar. I wanted to wait on line at both resorts to ask at the front desk, but they were excessive. Sorry about that.

Pool construction:View attachment 691180View attachment 691181
View attachment 691182

Lighthouse:
View attachment 691184
I took a picture of the calendar and forgot to post. I am trying now, but you can't read the words. At least you know I tried.
1659883424456.png1659883498697.png1659883668864.png

Attachments

• IMG_4606.HEIC.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

Finally making our journey back to the World at the end of August staying at the YC Aug 30 - Sept 6!!

I saw in a vlog recently that the YC lobby scent had been changed for the 50th - just wondering if anyone can verify?

Thanks!

Ahhhhh. Page 2000. Remembering when Dee would have to manually transfer all the wonderful information pages after 200 (300?) pages.

Those were the days of no phone books and secret rooms.

Congratulations Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions thread for consistently being one of the DIS most read thread for years.

And a public thank you to Dee for the countless hours and dedication it has taken to keep it going.

Page 2000

Thanks, again, for reserving post 40,0000 for me!

I'll update the Be Our Guest List through this page, and then hopefully catchup on the rest of the thread this weekend.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Why has the lighthouse been put into jail?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15!

Have a fantastic trip!

:cool1:

Thanks for letting us know. Have a fantastic trip!

8-)

WILL DO!!! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

Finally making our journey back to the World at the end of August staying at the YC Aug 30 - Sept 6!!

I saw in a vlog recently that the YC lobby scent had been changed for the 50th - just wondering if anyone can verify?

Thanks!

Huh. We were there in early May. I didn’t notice any difference.

Hey everyone. Is it normal for Beach club to be more expensive than Poly? Is it because I’m looking at dates during food and wine?

Edit: sorry, turns out I wasn’t comparing apples to apples - each club standard rooms are booked up for the dates I was checking so I was seeing water view vs standard at Poly.

Last edited:
:rolleyes2 But really? In August? During the hottest months of the year? Blocking off parts of the pool? Geez.

🤷🏻‍♀️ Not my timeline. Just saying it’s not new info & has been going on since February. If they would have started last November, people would have been complaining it was being done over the holidays. And the pool itself is not affected. It is just the bridges. The pool is fully open.

We haven't stayed club level anywhere since 2016 (Poly), so I don't know if this applies anymore. We used to get an email about two weeks before our arrival from the concierge introducing themselves and offering to help with any ADRs or other reservations. Do all of the club levels do this? We arrive at the BC in less than two weeks and haven't received anything. Just curious, not a big deal. Thanks!

:rolleyes2 But really? In August? During the hottest months of the year? Blocking off parts of the pool? Geez.
Agreed! We are at Riverside now but have booked in August 13-15 at Beach Club just because of stormalong bay. I see it's only a small portion, but winter would be a better time to do these things. It will be fine, but just disappointing.

We haven't stayed club level anywhere since 2016 (Poly), so I don't know if this applies anymore. We used to get an email about two weeks before our arrival from the concierge introducing themselves and offering to help with any ADRs or other reservations. Do all of the club levels do this? We arrive at the BC in less than two weeks and haven't received anything. Just curious, not a big deal. Thanks!

We are staying at YC next month and got a call from them early last month. You can always email them any requests at Disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

I'm copying myself from a recent similar question on the CL thread, but hope it helps:

There are generally two possible contact/outreach moments when it comes to CL these days.

The first is from Disney Signature Services, or DSS. DSS is a centralized planning/concierge service that took the place of the old Itinerary Planning Office (IPO) setup several years ago. Unlike the IPOs, DSS is not physically at a resort and they aren’t all that connected to actual resort/CL operations (one of the downsides of the centralized setup). The IPOs used to e-mail a trip form, which may be what you are thinking of - but they don’t do that any more. Like with anywhere some DSS CMs are more helpful/knowledgable than others when it comes to any specific resort or CL questions. Otherwise they are billed as a personalized planning-oriented type service.

The DSS outreach typically occurs in the days following booking. BUT, reports are inconsistent - some never get this call for reasons only the mouse knows. However you don’t need to wait for them, you can call (407-939-7777) or e-mail them (disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com). They are open 9am-5pm 7 days a week. DSS isn’t a gold-plated concierge so they can’t move mountains, but never hurts to ask if you have a planning need or question.

The second contact/outreach comes from a CM at the actual resort/CL in the few days leading up to your check-in. This is generally a courtesy call to confirm your arrival details, ask about any allergies, and general pleasantries. Not all CLs make this call though. I’ve received it from YC and CR in recent months, but not Poly and GF, just for context. I’ve seen lots of reports about BWI doing them. I know WL did them with frequency pre-Covid. YMMV. These CMs are your most direct link to the resort/CL as they are physically there - it’s worth going over any reasons for your trip, confirming room requests, etc.

Sorry if you already know all of that, but hope it helps. The term CL contact/outreach gets thrown around a lot on the thread but the details of where it’s coming from and when you may hear from them matter.

@GADisneyDad14 , you mention that "DSS outreach typically occurs in the days following booking" and then seem to suggest this is in the form of a phone call. I'm wondering, would they leave a voice mail if I didn't take the call? I don't typically answer calls from numbers not in my contact list. I booked a split stay about a month ago. One part is Poly CL and another part is YC CL. I didn't hear from either but now I'm wondering if that's my own fault and I ignored the call :(

@GADisneyDad14 , you mention that "DSS outreach typically occurs in the days following booking" and then seem to suggest this is in the form of a phone call. I'm wondering, would they leave a voice mail if I didn't take the call? I don't typically answer calls from numbers not in my contact list. I booked a split stay about a month ago. One part is Poly CL and another part is YC CL. I didn't hear from either but now I'm wondering if that's my own fault and I ignored the call :(
When they called me I didn’t answer and they did leave a voicemail with contact information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter