• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If you have capacity in your room, the best way to do that is to add him to your reservation for the night. There's a small per person charge, but it gives him full access to SAB. Otherwise, it's hit and miss as to whether they would allow it. If they're booked to capacity- which they seem to be most times, you'll likely be told no. You just won't know until you ask at the desk. Putting him on the reservation guarantees access but you have to do it day of.

thanks. we rented dvc points so do you know if that complicates adding him to the res?

thanks. we rented dvc points so do you know if that complicates adding him to the res?
I'm afraid I don't know anything about renting dvc points. I know when my daughter was joining me mid trip, on a cash reservation, I had to go down to the desk the day she arrived and they added it. They would not let me add her when I originally made the reservations unless I put her on for the length of stay.

has anyone tried recently to get a guest day pass for the resort/SAB? the 4 of us are staying at bcv but my brother is staying at pop for a few days during our trip and wanted to see about getting him in for our pool day.

If you are staying in a BCV studio, the capacity is 5 people. But if you are staying in a BCV 1-bedroom, I think the capacity is 4 people, in which case you are already at the maximum.

I should know the answer (about the possibility of adding someone to a DVC resie for one night when you are renting points), but I don't. I don't know if you can do this at the front desk. I don't know if trying to make a change at the front desk would mess up the Owner's point situation, because it sometimes doesn't go well when the front desk tries to make a change to a DVC resie.

You might want to ask over on the DVC Resorts Board if you don't get an answer here.

Are bed rails available at BC? Anyone happen to have a picture of them?

Also, I can't get an ADR for Beaches and Cream... is the to-go window open and is the full ice cream menu available there?

Hi!
I just booked the ferrytale fireworks cruise and I was wondering what would be the best option to go to TTC from YC. I assume it would be the bus to MK and from there the boat or monorail to TTC? In order to be there at 8pm, when should we leave YC?
Thank you!

There isn't an extra charge for additional adults with a DVC reservation. You could add him to the reservation without paying an additional fee as long as you don't exceed capacity limits.

We are staying in a studio, just as an FYI.

Does it complicate things that he has his own resort reservation at Pop? Like he cant be on 2 reservations at once?

We are staying in a studio, just as an FYI.

Does it complicate things that he has his own resort reservation at Pop? Like he cant be on 2 reservations at once?
It looks like the BCV studios hold 5 adults. :)

I'm not sure if it will create a problem if he holds two resort reservations, one at Pop and one at BCV. Maybe someone else knows the answer.

But you could create a new person in your profile, maybe using his nickname instead of whatever name he is listed under on his own MDE. Then you can either get a key card for the new person at the check in desk that he can use to get into Storm Along Bay, or buy a MB for him to use for the pool. :)

Are bed rails available at BC? Anyone happen to have a picture of them?

Also, I can't get an ADR for Beaches and Cream... is the to-go window open and is the full ice cream menu available there?
Bed rails are available, just call Housekeeping. Sorry I don’t have a photo.

And the B&C walk up window is open, and AFAIAA you can get any ice cream except the Kitchen Sink there.

Keep checking until the day of. Lots of guests often cancel the day before with the 24 hr policy. The window does have a reduced selection of specialty treats as PP mentioned the Kitchen Sink is not available at the window. Just check the menu posted in MDE. How big is your group? Beaches & Cream does have a walk-up list and you may be seated at the counter.

There Is also the Boradwalk Ice cream Shop that is open across the Crescent lake. It is located between the work zone at the end of the building at where the Boardwak Bakery is being turned into the Boadwalk Deli.

Dave

any ideas as to why YC is sold out for the end of January 2023? nothing else is booked like this! makes me concerned for the quietness of our trip!

Does BC have smart TVs? And if so....can Netflix, Disney+ etc. be played easily through them? Feeling technologically old here!

It looks like the BCV studios hold 5 adults. :)

I'm not sure if it will create a problem if he holds two resort reservations, one at Pop and one at BCV. Maybe someone else knows the answer.

But you could create a new person in your profile, maybe using his nickname instead of whatever name he is listed under on his own MDE. Then you can either get a key card for the new person at the check in desk that he can use to get into Storm Along Bay, or buy a MB for him to use for the pool. :)

It could very well create problems since he has a reservation in his own name at another resort. We had our daughter listed on our reservation. She also had a reservation at YC (we were at BCV) with her SO. Our original plan was that they were going to stay with us for one night before their reservation kicked in. They were listed as guests for the entirety of our stay for convenience sake. Caused both of us all kind of issues with our MBs and getting into our rooms. They ultimately added a day to YC and never stayed in our room, but were listed as guests in that room and had (free) MBs for that stay.

I would do the bolded. Be sure you use a name (nickname, initials, etc.) other than the one associated with the Pop reservation and MDE account. That should do the trick and I would put him on for the length of stay. Provided you aren't exceeding 5 in the room--it is not a problem.

Hello! Heading to BC in October with 4 teens….the last time we were there in 2020, there was no housekeeping. Has that changed? Hopefully, with so many teen boys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter