• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Bummer, that stinks. Curious if you asked if anything else was available, or just left it alone?
We just left it alone & made the best of it.

We arrived at 8 am & knew our room wouldn’t be ready, but we waited alllll day & didn’t get a room ready text until 2:59 pm. We had checked in with both the front desk & CL desk multiple times throughout the day, and were ready to settle in at that point.

Happily, the room assignment was the only downside of our CL stay, and we will absolutely return. 😊

I'm sure there are some CL rooms without a daybed/sofa, but FWIW I've probably stayed in 5 or so different CL rooms and all have had a daybed. (We've been a party of four during those travels, FWIW)
Yes, we did not have a daybed last month in a garden view CL. Just 2 queens.

Thanks for the responses on the YC CL bed situation. We had a room with only 2 queens at BC CL and I noticed that the website says it only allows for booking for parties of up to 4 for both BC and YC CL, so I wondered if the rooms were heavily skewed toward (or exclusively) non-daybed rooms. We are now a family of 5, but the fifth member is only a year old, so we will still qualify as a family of 4 for booking purposes for the next little bit. Figured we should take advantage of it. However, being a family of 5 in actual number, we would strongly prefer a room with a daybed.

Thanks for the responses on the YC CL bed situation. We had a room with only 2 queens at BC CL and I noticed that the website says it only allows for booking for parties of up to 4 for both BC and YC CL, so I wondered if the rooms were heavily skewed toward (or exclusively) non-daybed rooms. We are now a family of 5, but the fifth member is only a year old, so we will still qualify as a family of 4 for booking purposes for the next little bit. Figured we should take advantage of it. However, being a family of 5 in actual number, we would strongly prefer a room with a daybed.
There are very few BC CL rooms with a daybed because most of the 5th floor rooms have a dormer balcony which makes the room a little smaller than rooms without a dormer. I think that is why they stopped offering BC CL rooms for five. There were just too few of these rooms available.

Do all of the rooms have large balconies?
We have a garden or woods view? Which one is better? Is there a specific room that we should request?

Do all of the rooms have large balconies?
We have a garden or woods view? Which one is better? Is there a specific room that we should request?
We almost always have a standard room.. but last time when we stayed at the Yacht and we paid EXTRA for "A Shrubs Gone Wild View" AKA Garden view . I was sooo disappointed!!! Now we have been upgraded before with the garden view and was happy but not this time. My next trip is just my son and myself and Iam splurging ..3 nights in the Tower in the Contemporary and 5 nights water view Yacht Club. I have always wanted to have a view of the lake. As far as the balconies go..the Yacht does have full balconies but the Beach has full and cute LITTLE Juliet balconies (standing room only for 1 maybe 2) You can request a full balcony at the Beach but its just a request. Good luck ! We love the Epcot resorts. Marla

Can someone tell if the YC CL lounge has coffee creamer, and if so, what kind? Debating if I will need to buy my own.

Just checked in. No creamer-just half and half plus flavored syrups. Glad I brought mine!

Thank you for checking! I’ll make sure to order some then! Do they just have liquid half and half individual little pods, or is it the powdery stuff?

Thank you for checking! I’ll make sure to order some then! Do they just have liquid half and half individual little pods, or is it the powdery stuff?
It’s liquid half and half - and it is the same room except there is a solid wall where the balcony would be and we have windows behind the tv and day bed. I can’t complain, the room was ready at 8am. They said we could wait for a room with a balcony but after driving since midnight, I chose a ready room without a balcony.

We managed to get one of the only club level rooms WITHOUT a balcony 😂 but we still love the room!
Yes that would be the Yacht Club. That is the only CL room at the YC that does not have a balcony. This is due to the building facade / roof line.

Your wall of windows should overlook the Gazebo and since it is in the corner it should be quiet due to less hall traffic.

Dave

Yes that would be the Yacht Club. That is the only CL room at the YC that does not have a balcony. This is due to the building facade / roof line.

Your wall of windows should overlook the Gazebo and since it is in the corner it should be quiet due to less hall traffic.

Dave
It does! It’s a lovely and quiet room. We are very happy!

Since Garden Grocer only delivers after 4 pm, I have a question. I am pretty sure you are able to have your Garden Grocer order arrive a day early. Am I mistaken?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter