Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

weird question..... if we take mid day breaks for the pool, are there usually a decent amount of the floaties for the lazy river, or is it better to bring our own?

Here is another odd question. Are there any people that have experience sleeping on the beds at the BC for a longer trip and have a history of back problems? I herniated a lower lumbar disk 2 years ago and I am doing much better now, but disk degeneration doesn't ever really go away lol. At home we end up have a Nectar foam mattress, so it has been almost 2 years since I have slept on a traditional mattress for an extended period of time.

I'm curious if anybody else has back issues and ends up being OK after 2 weeks on a Disney mattress.
I have 2 herniated discs & lower back arthritis, also have a foam mattress at home. In June we stayed at BC for 10 days, I don’t recall having any additional pain or trouble sleeping. I usually sleep well at Disney due to sheer exhaustion 🤣 good luck, I know how debilitating back pain can be!

I have 2 herniated discs & lower back arthritis, also have a foam mattress at home. In June we stayed at BC for 10 days, I don’t recall having any additional pain or trouble sleeping. I usually sleep well at Disney due to sheer exhaustion 🤣 good luck, I know how debilitating back pain can be!
Ty, that is great to hear!

Going to be there from April 30 through May 7 in the villas. Looking forward to our first stay at BCV! Has any other DVC member received a hard "no" on additional housekeeping or is it a YMMV situation?

Going to be there from April 30 through May 7 in the villas. Looking forward to our first stay at BCV! Has any other DVC member received a hard "no" on additional housekeeping or is it a YMMV situation?
Not sure if you saw these thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/mousekeeping-for-a-fee.3873775/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/is-optional-paid-mousekeeping-coming-back.3876183/

I would say to be cautious about any "news" which comes from a blogger rather than from an official Disney site.

weird question..... if we take mid day breaks for the pool, are there usually a decent amount of the floaties for the lazy river, or is it better to bring our own?
There is no reason to bring your own floatie. The availability of floaties varies throughout the day. But you can always catch a floatie if you wait for it to come by. It just might take a few minutes. :) And there are times when there are plenty of them just laying around. :)
The housekeeping for a DVC unit reserved with points is different than the schedule for a cash reservation. It has always been every four days for points reservations. Cash reservations are treated the same way that the BC resort reservations are treated - whatever that schedule might be at the time of your trip. :) But you always call housekeeping if you need something.

Some background for people who are not familiar with how housekeeping works in DVC units which are booked with DVC points:

If your stay is 7 nights or less: you get Trash & Towel Service on day 4.

If your stay is 8 nights or more: you get a full cleaning on day 4 and Trash & Towel service on day 8. The cycle continues throughout your stay.

You used to be able to pay for additional Trash & Towel services and additional full room cleaning. DVC News reported that the additional Trash & Towel service cost ranged from $15 for a studio to $35 for a 3-bedroom grand villa. A full cleaning ranged from $30 for a studio, $45 for a one-bedroom villa, $60 for a 2-bedroom villa or an SSR Treehouse villa, and $75 for a 3-bedroom Grand villa.

In 2018, daily trash removal was added. They tried to spin this as a benefit, but really it was a Post-Vegas Shooting excuse to go into your room every day to check it. Fresh towels were not included as part of daily trash removal.

The resorts had to close for awhile due to COVID. When they reopened, the option to pay for extra housekeeping services was eliminated. Rumor has it that you will be able to request the extra Trash & Towel or extra full cleaning again.

You used to be able to pay for extra towels or extra coffee. I believe that was eliminated and now you can call Housekeeping to request those for free.

You always have been able to call Housekeeping to request toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, dishwashing liquid for hand-washing dishes, dishwasher machine soap, and trash can liners. There is no charge for these items.

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/pol...050-optional-housekeeping-services-eliminated

I found this "Home Resort Rules and Regulations" when I googled:

Housekeeping. Club Members or their Guests receive the following housekeeping service during a DVC Resort stay reserved with Home Resort Vacation Points:

1) All Vacation Homes will be cleaned prior to check in.

2) For stays of seven (7) or less consecutive nights in the same Vacation Home, the DVC Resort will provide a "Trash & Towel" service on the fourth consecutive day of the stay. During a "Trash & Towel" service, housekeeping will: • Empty the trash and put new liners in the trash bins. • Provide fresh bathroom linens. • Replace facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper. • Replace coffee, sugar, cream, and sweeteners. • Replace dish washing liquid, dish washing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent.

3) For stays of eight (8) consecutive nights or more in the same Vacation Home, the DVC Resort will provide:

a) One (1) "Full Cleaning" service on the fourth consecutive day of the stay. During a full cleaning, housekeeping will: • Provide all of the services included in a "Trash & Towel" cleaning. • Change the bed linens. • Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home. • Clean the Bathroom(s). • Clean the Kitchen/Kitchenette and wash the dishes. Full cleanings do not include laundering of personal items.

b) Following the initial Full Cleaning service, housekeeping will provide another Full Cleaning Service every eight (8) consecutive days in the same Vacation Home.

c) Following the initial check in, a “Trash & Towel” will be provided every eight (8) consecutive days reserved in the same Vacation Home.

4) For stays of more than eight (8) consecutive days in the same Vacation Home, the Full Cleaning/”Trash & Towel” cycle will begin again.

5) Club Members and their Guests may request clean linens, toiletries, etc., by calling the DVC Resort's housekeeping department. Additional fees may be charged for such requests. Supplemental cleaning services are available for a fee and may be arranged through either Member Services or the DVC Resort's front desk.

6) All Vacation Homes will be cleaned following check out

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ions/HomeResortRulesandRegulations_012012.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you all on the mousekeeping tips and facts. Fully aware of the 4 & 8th night schedules (even early check in has the option to accept or deny this). I will ask at check-in anyway without expecting anything other than the 4th day trash and towel, but always good to read the options of requesting that service as well!

One issue with outside floats at Stormalong Bay is that the lifeguard requires them to be completely see-through, I believe.

:fish:

One issue with outside floats at Stormalong Bay is that the lifeguard requires them to be completely see-through, I believe.

:fish:
I totally understand that ! I have to believe we'll be able to catch one at some point. I can't even wait for Stormalong Bay...... that's what sold my husband!

Staying at Yacht Club for first time in June. Is there anywhere to use a toaster or microwave before the Market at Ale & Compass opens at 7:00?

Staying at Yacht Club for first time in June. Is there anywhere to use a toaster or microwave before the Market at Ale & Compass opens at 7:00?
I know that there is a microwave outside of the door at the Beach Club Marketplace that is available to guests 24/7. Hopefully, someone can check to see if the YC marketplace has one outside of its door.

Cabana Rental vs. another hotel night - any thoughts? With the news that MNSSHP is back (YAY!) we're thinking of changing our 8pm arrival time to be either:

A 7am flight, arriving at 10:30, spending the day in a cabana, then leaving YC for MNSSHP at 3pm

/or/

an 11pm arrival time the day before, no cabana rental

In the end it would cost roughly $200 more for the extra hotel night. We've *never* gotten a room assignment before 4pm at YC or BC, so I can't count on that giving us a place to nap or change before the party. Which sounds better to you?

Cabana Rental vs. another hotel night - any thoughts? With the news that MNSSHP is back (YAY!) we're thinking of changing our 8pm arrival time to be either:

A 7am flight, arriving at 10:30, spending the day in a cabana, then leaving YC for MNSSHP at 3pm

/or/

an 11pm arrival time the day before, no cabana rental

In the end it would cost roughly $200 more for the extra hotel night. We've *never* gotten a room assignment before 4pm at YC or BC, so I can't count on that giving us a place to nap or change before the party. Which sounds better to you?
I'd go with the extra hotel night. This gives you more stability for planning purposes and you'll be better rested. The cons I see with the first option are travel weariness [assume you'll be up in the wee AM hours for a 7:00 AM flight], no weather guarantees for the cabana upon arrival and most likely no room assignment before you head off to MNSSHP.

Last edited:
I wouldn't make a plan based on a cabana that I haven't booked yet. You don't know that you will be able to book it.

Also- have you been to mnsshp? Are you night owls? How early do you have to get up to make that flight? You might be able to enter the park mid afternoon but the party doesn't start until the day guests leave. I would think you would be exhausted before the party starts, especially if you spend several hours in the park in the heat. There's no point in going to the party if you're going to be too tired and cranky to enjoy it.

My vote is the extra night. Price out a cheaper hotel for that night if necessary.

Last edited:
I wouldn't make a plan based on a cabana that I haven't booked yet. You don't know that you will be able to book it.

Also- have you been to mnsshp? Are you night owls? How early do you have to get up to make that flight? You might be able to enter the park mid afternoon but the party doesn't start until the day guests leave. I would think you would be exhausted before the party starts, especially if you spend several hours in the park in the heat. There's no point in going to the party if you're going to be too tired and cranky to enjoy it.

My vote is the extra night. Price out a cheaper hotel for that night if necessary.
We've been to every MNSSHP since we found out about it 2006. We are huge Halloween fans, and that's pretty much the whole reason we'll be at the parks. If we do the 7:15 flight, we'll have to leave the house at 4:15, which is a really good argument for arriving the day before. We are *NOT* morning people. I was thinking we could nap in the cabana to get our second wind, but you're right there's a lot of risk in that plan.

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone have a spa recommendation in the Epcot area, specifically for massage? Anticipating our early summer trip to YC and travel, especially after driving, I want to book one if my last flight was indicative of travel being tough on me. I was considering the Ship Shape. Or if anyone has experience with something else close, such as if Boardwalk or the Swan/Dolphin have a spa? How far do you recommend booking in advance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter