Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just changed our resort reservation from Pop to YC. Staying here for the first time and we are so excited!
Can someone give me some insight on refillable mugs, and where I can grab some much needed coffee in the morning? Is there cold tea, too? Many moons ago there was tea offered. We are trying to decide if the mug will be useful for my daughter (she‘s not into coffee like me, the horror!)

Just changed our resort reservation from Pop to YC. Staying here for the first time and we are so excited!
Can someone give me some insight on refillable mugs, and where I can grab some much needed coffee in the morning? Is there cold tea, too? Many moons ago there was tea offered. We are trying to decide if the mug will be useful for my daughter (she‘s not into coffee like me, the horror!)
You can buy the refillable mugs at the YC and BC marketplaces and at Hurricane Hanna. Coffee is available at the marketplaces when they open at 7 am. Cold tea is available at all of the locations.

The resort room will have a Keurig single cup coffee maker and six coffee pods - four regular and 2 decaf. It also has two tea pods. You can call housekeeping to get additional coffee pods, which is what I always do as soon as we arrive. :) I discovered that the coffee isn't too bad if you used less water, approximately 8 oz instead of the ten or more the machine holds. :)

Love YC !! Gift shop/A&C Market has a refill. Also Hurricane Hanna’s by the main pool has a refill station. There are a lot of choices. Flavored waters ,tea, ice tea , coffee,pop.
You will have a fantastic time!

So I just get a call from the YC concierge asking me if I have ever stayed club level at YC before. ?? I answered saying I had been staying YC CL at least once yearly (sometimes more) since 2003 and have stayed in the Presidential Suite, the Admiral Suite and the Commodore Suite as well. She sounded surprised. Shouldn't that be in their system that I am a repeat guest? It used to be that I was greeted outside by name but most of those people are no longer working there due to the cutbacks, some were retirements when they cut the 29,000 employees. You would still think they would keep a database of their repeat guests. That was one of the things I missed the most on my last trip (when there was no CL) was that I didn't see cast members that I recognized or that recognized me. That was such a big part of what made me feel like YC was home.

So I just get a call from the YC concierge asking me if I have ever stayed club level at YC before. ?? I answered saying I had been staying YC CL at least once yearly (sometimes more) since 2003 and have stayed in the Presidential Suite, the Admiral Suite and the Commodore Suite as well. She sounded surprised. Shouldn't that be in their system that I am a repeat guest? It used to be that I was greeted outside by name but most of those people are no longer working there due to the cutbacks, some were retirements when they cut the 29,000 employees. You would still think they would keep a database of their repeat guests. That was one of the things I missed the most on my last trip (when there was no CL) was that I didn't see cast members that I recognized or that recognized me. That was such a big part of what made me feel like YC was home.

They CL sure used to keep records and could see in our "history" the number of stays, etc.. We were the same as you only at Polynesian (1994 - 2010). We knew everyone and they also knew us--still keep in touch with some of those folks. Once our kids were grown, we gave up CL because it made no sense for the two of us and our new style of touring.

My last CL stay in 2019, I was welcomed back as a repeat CL guest with the phone call. Hopefully in December they will remember us. At that time, the CL staff at YC were mostly the same. I’m sure that has changed.

My last CL stay in 2019, I was welcomed back as a repeat CL guest with the phone call. Hopefully in December they will remember us. At that time, the CL staff at YC were mostly the same. I’m sure that has changed.

We were actually staying at YC CL when the parks shut down for Covid and have been back 3 times since but not as CL, of course, because there was no CL. We've always been welcomed back as repeat guests. I still stay in contact with some of the CL cast members that are no longer there. I sure hope this call isn't an indication of what is to come. I expect new cast members but I hope the magic is still there.

Are there toasters and/or microwaves available in the marketplace at BC? I have some waffles to heat up

Do they have large containers of iced coffee or cold brew in the marketplace?
They do have iced coffee in the marketplace.
Are there toasters and/or microwaves available in the marketplace at BC? I have some waffles to heat up
I know there is a microwave for guests to use. It is outside of the main door to the BC Marketplace, which makes it available for use even when the marketplace is closed. I'm not sure about toasters. I will try to remember to check when we are there in two days. :)

We're here at Beach Club!

Back on pages 1948-1949 of the thread, I'd asked for recommendations for places to eat outside and people-watch, and I got a number of good suggestions. We ordered our Giordano's with no trouble. We found outdoor tables on the walkway from Marketplace toward the DVC villas, right where people would walk by and double-take when they saw what we were eating (that's not why we were there, but it was kind of fun to watch). Eventually, a family asked us (while visibly salivating) where we got it, but they seemed disappointed to hear we'd ordered off-property for it.

The weather is perfect tonight for outdoor eating, and the deep-dish hit the spot!

We're here at Beach Club!

Back on pages 1948-1949 of the thread, I'd asked for recommendations for places to eat outside and people-watch, and I got a number of good suggestions. We ordered our Giordano's with no trouble. We found outdoor tables on the walkway from Marketplace toward the DVC villas, right where people would walk by and double-take when they saw what we were eating (that's not why we were there, but it was kind of fun to watch). Eventually, a family asked us (while visibly salivating) where we got it, but they seemed disappointed to hear we'd ordered off-property for it.

The weather is perfect tonight for outdoor eating, and the deep-dish hit the spot!
Oh do share, what were you eating?

Oh do share, what were you eating?
We got individual deep-dish pizzas. I had anchovies and garlic, and my partner got just cheese. We each had a salad; mine was Caesar, and hers was a house salad.

Giordano's is authentic Chicago-style pizza. The chain is mostly located in Chicago, but there are a couple of Orlando locations because of the large number of people who retire or relocate down here from there.

Hey all! From another thread, housekeeping returns to Yacht/Beach! :D

As a heads up…

Pre-COVID Housekeeping Schedule Restored at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

Guests staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts should be aware that housekeeping is now once again cleaning guest rooms more frequently, as the original cleaning schedule (that is, the schedule that was followed before the pandemic began) was officially restored at these resorts on March 4, 2022.
As a reminder, the original cleaning schedule entails the following services daily (at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa) OR every other day (at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts):
  1. Making the bed
  2. Full bathroom clean
  3. Wiping down all surfaces
  4. Replacing amenities as needed (such as coffee, shampoo, soap, etc.)
  5. Vacuum
  6. Dust
  7. Fold and organize loose clothing and other special touches
Please, note that the housekeeping schedule of DVC rooms has NOT changed, but the ability to purchase additional cleaning service has been reinstated at the resorts mentioned above.

On Sunday, March 6 (today), the following resorts will also go back to the original cleaning schedule:
  • Disney's BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Hopefully the other resorts follow suit soon.

Every other day?

We had every day housekeeping during our last BC stay in 2019.

Did they reduce the frequency of the service prior to Covid?

Last edited:
Every other day?

We had everyday housekeeping during our last BC stay in 2019.

Every other day?

I was thinking the same. I know I always had regular every day housekeeping during my pre-COVID YC stays. Why would the YC/BC have been different than other deluxes?!? Are they trying to pull the wool over our eyes?

Every other day?

I was staying at the Beach Club in March 2020 when our trip got cut short by the park closure. In the 5 days we were there before checking out on March 17, 2020 our room was cleaned and our beds were made every day. Can't get much more prior to Covid than that, lol!

When we were at YC in Feb they "cleaned" every other day.

Last trip before Covid was Feb 2019 we stayed at POFQ and Sept 2019 at AK - Kidani, and they did daily housekeeping. My last YC trip before Covid was Nov 2018 and they did daily housekeeping.

Not sure why they are saying "every other day housekeeping starts..." when that's what has been going on throughout Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter