Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have others (not clear) and they are easily the size of a large t-shirt/sweatshirt folded up- so not big. I brought five of them to Bonnet Creek last summer and easily put them in our suitcase. They suck all the air out when they package them. Blowing up by hand (mouth!) can be done, but might take awhile. We are driving and have an air pump so we'll use that. I have seen others say that they have a pump there they will let you use.
Thank you! We bought some pool rings last year from Sam’s Club that came in huge boxes, so I was concerned. Great to know there might be a pump to borrow as we old as dirt😜

They have pool noodles on Amazon, will the Yacht Club accept a delivery from amazon and hold until I arrive?

Yes, people have things shipped to themselves at Disney hotels all the time.

You want to make sure you have the hotel's address for the shipping label.
I usually put: Hold for Guest [Best Aunt]
You do not need to put your reservation number or your arrival date on the shipping label.

Pre-Covid:
If it was shipped USPS, it went to an off-site delivery center before being taken to your hotel, so that could cause a delay. It would end up at the hotel front desk.
If it was shipped UPS or FedEx, and the hotel had a convention center, as Yacht Club does, it was delivered to the convention center. You had to either go over there and pick it up, or try to arrange to have the convention center business office bring it to your room.

Current:
I don't know if the Yacht Club/Beach Club convention center is open. Although there was some political thing there a few weeks ago, so maybe it is?
Whether the package goes to the front desk or the convention center, they are supposed to charge you a fee for handling the package.

The official rules:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/

Yes, people have things shipped to themselves at Disney hotels all the time.

You want to make sure you have the hotel's address for the shipping label.
I usually put: Hold for Guest [Best Aunt]
You do not need to put your reservation number or your arrival date on the shipping label.

Pre-Covid:
If it was shipped USPS, it went to an off-site delivery center before being taken to your hotel, so that could cause a delay. It would end up at the hotel front desk.
If it was shipped UPS or FedEx, and the hotel had a convention center, as Yacht Club does, it was delivered to the convention center. You had to either go over there and pick it up, or try to arrange to have the convention center business office bring it to your room.

Current:
I don't know if the Yacht Club/Beach Club convention center is open. Although there was some political thing there a few weeks ago, so maybe it is?
Whether the package goes to the front desk or the convention center, they are supposed to charge you a fee for handling the package.

The official rules:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/

Thanks so for much for the all the great info :thanks::disrocks:

Excited to be staying at BCV for the first time December 10th-15th, along with my wife, and our best friends, another couple. One of them is celebrating her 60th birthday, and it's been her lifelong dream to stay at an Epcot resort. Terry and I were at the Boardwalk Inn in early Feb and I fell in love with the area. Very excited to see what the Beach Club has to offer... and glad to be watching this thread now too!

Excited to be staying at BCV for the first time December 10th-15th, along with my wife, and our best friends, another couple. One of them is celebrating her 60th birthday, and it's been her lifelong dream to stay at an Epcot resort. Terry and I were at the Boardwalk Inn in early Feb and I fell in love with the area. Very excited to see what the Beach Club has to offer... and glad to be watching this thread now too!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Make sure you check out the seasonal decorations at the resorts- Usually a carousel at the BC and train set at YC.

:santa:

Heading to BCV on Sunday. Wondering anyone who has recently used Mears or Sunshine. How many resort pick ups and drop offs have been on that line? Trying to decide which to use with a 4 adult with 4 large luggage. I have read through those threads but nobody mentioned how many resort stops till Beach club.

Heading to BCV on Sunday. Wondering anyone who has recently used Mears or Sunshine. How many resort pick ups and drop offs have been on that line? Trying to decide which to use with a 4 adult with 4 large luggage. I have read through those threads but nobody mentioned how many resort stops till Beach club.
We used Mears Connect for our trip earlier this month. We were staying at the Yacht Club and our bus stopped first at the Yacht Club and then went to the Beach Club. There were only five people on our bus for the trip to the resort. The service was great and we are using it again when we arrive this Sunday. :)

We used Mears Connect for our trip earlier this month. We were staying at the Yacht Club and our bus stopped first at the Yacht Club and then went to the Beach Club. There were only five people on our bus for the trip to the resort. The service was great and we are using it again when we arrive this Sunday. :)
We arrive this Sunday too! Have you used it round trip or only for drop off?

Thought I would do a little review of the BC CL from last week while it's still fresh in my mind for those that have upcoming trips! 🥰

We arrived Sunday, 2/6 around 12:30 PM after a quick drive from Jacksonville. We checked in with the attendant at the gate and they sent us through to valet. Bell service would've gladly taken our bags, but we didn't have many so opted to just carry them. The first thing I noticed was how clean the lobby smelled and it was still as bubbly as I remembered (something that draws me more to BC than YC). We approached one of the greeters who had an ipad, told him we were checking in, and once realizing we were CL he took us right up.

Check in was a breeze, all of the CMs were SO nice and helpful. We were offered a welcome drink but just opted for water (the wine was tempting after the morning we had with getting our cats to their boarding, however 🤣) and our room was ready. I cannot for the life of me remember our room number 😓 but walking from the elevators on the 5th floor, it was just down the right hall, the room being on the left hand side right in front of the suite (tbh ANY room on the left side of that hallway would've been lovely). It was way more spacious than I anticipated. We had two queen beds and a pullout couch. I would say five people could sleep comfortably at least. Our view was gorgeous! We hadn't personally requested a view or room, but my BF's sister who used to work for Disney has a friend in concierge who chose a lovely room for us. We had a near perfect view of the fireworks from EPCOT every night and during the day a lovely courtyard view below. You could see crescent lake and a bit of BWI if you turned right.

Mousekeeping came everyday and supplied us with fresh sheets, towels, way more toiletries than necessary (which I absolutely took home lol), and the occasional towel formation; they loved using the minnie ears I didn't wear to the parks that day in them. We were also brought an entire microwave when I asked if there was one in lounge and told there wasn't. I didn't realize they had some on hand for guests at the time who requested them.

I posted a lot over on the CL thread if you want to read back, but we had a wonderful time and were happy with the selections for the most part. Afternoon snacks got kinda old fast (I'm not really a chip gal) but breakfast, apps, and desserts were lovely. CMs were VERY attentive. I remember coming back to our room for a break only to find it being cleaned so we waited in the lounge. In that 30 min span, we were asked by FOUR different CMs if we needed anything so they definitely paid attention to their guests.

The grounds were kept near spotless, the music they play around the resort grounds is so relaxing, and the marketplace had good food options, too. You can't beat the walk to epcot, either nor the easy boat ride to HS. We did end up taking that "not so secret" secret hallway a couple of times to get back to the lobby from Epcot and I can see in the summertime it being a wonderful option.

Okay, this got super lengthy but we LOVED our stay and will be back. I would be happy to answer any questions, or if someone really wants to know, I could try to find out what room we were in. ☺
What is this secret way you speak of?!

We used Mears Connect both ways. It was very much like the way Magical Express worked but without the video playing in the bus.
We had favorable experiences in January. We were put on a luxury van from MCO to BCV since there were only three groups in the Epcot resorts line. Three stops, Swan, YC and then us. Pretty quick due to limited luggage unload. On our return trip, the bus arrived on time. It looked like it had stopped at other Epcot resorts before it arrived at BC and then only stopped at BW after that. Interestingly enough, our return trip to the airport had a generic Orlando resorts video with a WDW section. Another nice feature with Mears Connect is that you receive a text notification when they are approaching your resort for MCO trip. I would use them again in the future.

May be behind here, but are these Adirondack chairs on the beach new? (Or maybe just new to me?). I swear on our YC trip last summer we pulled beach loungers over to watch the movie, but maybe I have that wrong in my head?

Poor pic below.
B5BA276E-74B0-40D0-AEB2-2DD8D5A0103A.jpeg

May be behind here, but are these Adirondack chairs on the beach new? (Or maybe just new to me?). I swear on our YC trip last summer we pulled beach loungers over to watch the movie, but maybe I have that wrong in my head?

Poor pic below.
View attachment 650656
I don't remember seeing Adirondack chairs on the beach when we were there a few weeks ago. I remember thinking that those people were crazy to be watching the movie on the beach when it was 54 degrees out. But I don't remember those chairs.

DW and I spent a little too much time at a bonkers crowded Epcot the other day and decided to take refuge for dinner at Crew's Cup. While I've stayed at YC/BC several times, I had actually never stepped foot in Crew's Cup or Yachtsman Steakhouse, so this was a first. TBH I've never understood the location of these within the resort - has always felt so tucked away in such a weird spot. But I've always heard good things, so glad we got a chance to try it.

We like eating at WDW bars and fortunately we were able to snag two of the few positions at the bar where you can actually be served food. They still have big plexiglass panels on many sections of the bar that effectively prevent you from doing anything but drinking as they are installed right in the middle of the bar surface. The bar CMs sort of rolled their eyes and said they've been begging for them to be removed.

Anyway - I thought Crew's Cup had a strange decor. Sort of felt like I was in Territory Lounge at WL. Frankly could use a refresh, but maybe the older looking decor is part of the charm. Nice big TVs all over and there were fun people and CMs there, so a good time was had.

And as one does at one of the nicest steakhouses on property... we ordered seafood. :goodvibes In what seemed like a good idea at the time (remember the part about being in Epcot too long earlier) we ordered the Chilled Admiral's Tower for Two. It was good, but a bit of work!

Take with a grain of salt, but I was told Crew's Cup would be returning to more of a lounge menu sometime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter